Are we supposed to find this cool?(,spoilers and disturbing imagery)

#61jayganautPosted 1/12/2013 7:46:33 AM
SlaveBlade posted...

Drakengard says hi.

I'm not familiar with what you're referring to but after looking it up I assume you are referencing aborted fetus' flying around.

The comparison can not even be made, I imagine that the fetus in that game represented something symbolic and is hardly the act being shown graphically for the "maturity" of the plot.

I would also like to point out that they allowed Lilith a precious few moments to appreciate the fact she had lost her child before they blew her brains out.
You simply cannot defend this scene. Especially by saying other games had abortion themes.
#62SlaveBladePosted 1/12/2013 7:48:09 AM
jayganaut posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

Drakengard says hi.

I'm not familiar with what you're referring to but after looking it up I assume you are referencing aborted fetus' flying around.

The comparison can not even be made, I imagine that the fetus in that game represented something symbolic and is hardly the act being shown graphically for the "maturity" of the plot.

I would also like to point out that they allowed Lilith a precious few moments to appreciate the fact she had lost her child before they blew her brains out.
You simply cannot defend this scene. Especially by saying other games had abortion themes.

I'm not referring to any one thing.

The whole game is one big pile of ****ed up.

Pedophile priest, baby eating elf lady, racist old priest dude, carnivorous demon babies etc...
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#63DrunkBeardGuyPosted 1/12/2013 7:49:12 AM
We killed demon babies in Dead Space 2, no one cried then. But when Vergil does the same thing, it's terrible because we're supposed to hate this game.

You people are hilariously sad. It's not even about whether the game is good or not now, you just make **** up to piss and moan about.

And yeah, the scene was about questioning Vergil, but again you all love to hate so it doesn't even matter...
---
http://i.imgur.com/SrPYm.png http://i.imgur.com/sx14k.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0llSw.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4yavH.gif
#64DaAzureGrimoirePosted 1/12/2013 7:51:55 AM
We have games about stabbing people with their own arm, gruesome dismemberment, and games where whole family lines are killed off cause (insert guy here) decided to close up some loose ends.
This scene isn't about being mature. Calling a gruesome scene immature is dumb and meaningless. Had confetti come out of the wound when Vergil shot the baby, then it would've been immature, but it's just a rather dark situation that occurs to make you question Vergil. The baby was a known threat. Lilith was a known threat. Vergil saw it as an ends to a means. It's not a scene about being cool. It's suppose to be incredibly messed up. You're suppose to register that it's messed up and question Vergil.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#65Pesmerga255Posted 1/12/2013 7:53:02 AM
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
We have games about stabbing people with their own arm, gruesome dismemberment, and games where whole family lines are killed off cause (insert guy here) decided to close up some loose ends.
This scene isn't about being mature. Calling a gruesome scene immature is dumb and meaningless. Had confetti come out of the wound when Vergil shot the baby, then it would've been immature, but it's just a rather dark situation that occurs to make you question Vergil. The baby was a known threat. Lilith was a known threat. Vergil saw it as an ends to a means. It's not a scene about being cool. It's suppose to be incredibly messed up. You're suppose to register that it's messed up and question Vergil.

That certainly dispels the myth that videogame stories are trite!
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#66SlaveBladePosted 1/12/2013 7:54:31 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...

get some new material.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#67Pesmerga255Posted 1/12/2013 7:55:25 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

get some new material.

I'll do that as soon as Tameem makes something that's actually original and not just a rehash of other existing stories.
---
#68SlaveBladePosted 1/12/2013 7:57:13 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

get some new material.

I'll do that as soon as Tameem makes something that's actually original and not just a rehash of other existing stories.

You do realize hat's impossible without being stupid over the top, right? Being original isn't all it's cracked up to be.
---
#69Pesmerga255Posted 1/12/2013 7:57:47 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

get some new material.

You do realize hat's impossible without being stupid over the top, right? Being original isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Neither is this game.
---
#70DaAzureGrimoirePosted 1/12/2013 7:58:51 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

get some new material.

You must not enjoy most movies, television, and music then, haha.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu