Are we supposed to find this cool?(,spoilers and disturbing imagery)

#71SlaveBladePosted 1/12/2013 7:59:05 AM
... and? No, seriously, what's your point there?
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#72Pesmerga255Posted 1/12/2013 8:00:03 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
... and? No, seriously, what's your point there?

I'm just saying, this game's main selling point is its story and it fails to even do that right.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#73Sephivengeance9Posted 1/12/2013 8:00:23 AM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
We killed demon babies in Dead Space 2, no one cried then. But when Vergil does the same thing, it's terrible because we're supposed to hate this game.

You people are hilariously sad. It's not even about whether the game is good or not now, you just make **** up to piss and moan about.

And yeah, the scene was about questioning Vergil, but again you all love to hate so it doesn't even matter...

The babies we "killed" in Dead Space/2 were already dead and further warped and twisted by the Necromorph infection (I use the word infection since I have no idea what else to describe it as), they were little more than feral animals when we fought them. The scene we've just seen is used as little more than cheap shock value, adds absolutely nothing to the story and is just there for the sake of trying to make the game look "gritty" and "edgy".

And yes, there is a HUGE difference between killing twisted abominations and killing a child in the womb, letting the mother see that her child has been killed and THEN killing the mother.

All it does is furthers my point about Ninja Theory just walking the wrong side of the fine-line between edgy and tasteless throughout the development of this game.

This scene was 100% unneeded, period.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#74DRX777Posted 1/12/2013 8:03:16 AM(edited)
That "I'm stronger" "I'm smarter" exchange was hilarious.

Protip; that is how people talk. You ever hear brothers IRL talking like "It had been a year since last we met how about a kiss from your little brother OR BETTER YET how bout a kiss from THIS!!"

Yeah, so sold on this new version. More of this universe please.
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#75Pesmerga255Posted 1/12/2013 8:03:04 AM
DRX777 posted...

Protip; that is how people talk. You ever hear brothers IRL talking like "It had been a year since we last me how about a kiss from your little brother OR BETTER YET how bout a kiss from THIS!!"

Protip: They aren't human.
---
#76DaAzureGrimoirePosted 1/12/2013 8:05:04 AM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
We killed demon babies in Dead Space 2, no one cried then. But when Vergil does the same thing, it's terrible because we're supposed to hate this game.

You people are hilariously sad. It's not even about whether the game is good or not now, you just make **** up to piss and moan about.

And yeah, the scene was about questioning Vergil, but again you all love to hate so it doesn't even matter...

The babies we "killed" in Dead Space/2 were already dead and further warped and twisted by the Necromorph infection (I use the word infection since I have no idea what else to describe it as), they were little more than feral animals when we fought them. The scene we've just seen is used as little more than cheap shock value, adds absolutely nothing to the story and is just there for the sake of trying to make the game look "gritty" and "edgy".

And yes, there is a HUGE difference between killing twisted abominations and killing a child in the womb, letting the mother see that her child has been killed and THEN killing the mother.

All it does is furthers my point about Ninja Theory just walking the wrong side of the fine-line between edgy and tasteless throughout the development of this game.

This scene was 100% unneeded, period.

You realize that you fight this "baby" in the previous mission and that it's a demon baby, right? This was no ordinary baby. This baby used it's Mom like a glove and tries to kill you. The baby and Lilith were threats and Vergil saw the end them. The seen does add to the story, cause it MAKES YOU QUESTION VERGIL. Now I know it was a difficult thing to realize, but the scene is suppose to be messed up, so you'd see that Vergil does what he thinks is needed and doesn't care who's in the way.
This scene right here holds relevance for Vergil's actions later in the game. Maybe I'm the only one noticing this here though.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#77Pesmerga255Posted 1/12/2013 8:06:12 AM
MAKES YOU QUESTION VERGIL

I think the mere fact that he's Vergil makes you question his motives.
---
#78DaAzureGrimoirePosted 1/12/2013 8:07:49 AM
DRX777 posted...

Protip; that is how people talk. You ever hear brothers IRL talking like "It had been a year since last we met how about a kiss from your little brother OR BETTER YET how bout a kiss from THIS!!"

I liked it too. It was nice to see the siblings actually act like siblings. Showed the brothers had gotten use to eachother and that Dante was warming up to Vergil.
Twas nice.
---
#79DrunkBeardGuyPosted 1/12/2013 8:09:20 AM

Indeed. Which is why I'm glad he shot a damn demon and not a normal baby. You're getting worked up over a demon killing. If this was anything else I would agree 100%, but you're just wrong and complaining to complain. It's a ****ing demon, I would have shot her and the kid too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SrPYm.png http://i.imgur.com/sx14k.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0llSw.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4yavH.gif
#80DaAzureGrimoirePosted 1/12/2013 8:10:47 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
MAKES YOU QUESTION VERGIL

I think the mere fact that he's Vergil makes you question his motives.

That indeed, but considering the fact that this isn't the OG series and that Vergil has been nothing but helpful and seemingly nice for most of the game, it needed to be shown that he was "By any means necessary" kind of guy. Simply having him go evil randomly, like many claim he does in the ending despite cutscenes in the game implying and hinting at his treachery, simply wouldn't have worked.
---