Man. I actually feel bad for Tameem.

#101StrelokPosted 1/13/2013 2:39:22 AM
Malus_X6 posted...
4: I still like your signature, but us Dragons still rule the world Immortal Elf. And I got your ear.

You don't have s*** on me. I'm the muthaf***in' Dragonborn.

Hah, the poor Dovakiin wouldn't stand much of a chance in Shadowrun I'm afraid.
The guys signature is from "Shadowland", and in fact the signature of Harlequin, an Immortal Elf.
Long story short: Every post on Shadowland has a date stamped on it, aside Harlequin, who simply has that, no timestamp.

Harlequin also lost an ear in a duel somewhere in the Renaissance and it has been now replaced with a cybernetic equivalent. Some people theorize that his ear is since the property of a dragon (generally the Immortal Elves like Harlequin and Dragons really hate eachothers guts. Moreso than Arabs and the Jews really), although this is more dumpshock theorizing and not actual canon theorizing.

As someone who is clearly a Shadowrun fan he should definitely understand why we're so upset with this bastardizing, thus I can't understand why he says the DMC fanbase shouldn't complain when the Shadowrun fanbase was in the exact same situation (right down to being insulted) with the 360 game...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#102NeoTStylePosted 1/13/2013 2:42:08 AM(edited)
I genuinely feel bad for Tameem because he's obviously an ambitious guy at heart when it comes to making videogames. Sadly, he couldn't deliver and for the things he said about the original series he definitely deserves some of the flack. But I'm more angry at Capcom for wanting and making this game happen in the first place.

I'm sad other people don't see this. Spam CapcomEuro or some other Capcom-related twitter account please. They have been ruining every single decent series they had. They deserve it.

I wonder what the past 2 years must've been like being Tameem. After all he's gotten loads of death threats and all I believe. Hopefully he didn't let it get to him.
#103StrelokPosted 1/13/2013 2:51:50 AM
Oh, most of us are reasonable and hate Capcom even more.

Thing is, Tameem is a walking PR disaster. He made claims that, given his resume, would simply be impossible to achieve. He ahs insulted the franchise, and he has insulted the fanbase.
He doesn't act like the CEO of his company. He acts like a child. When someone offers criticism, without degrading into insults and the likes, but just goes "This video shows some bad glitches, could this be fixed in the final game?" he outright responds with insults, almost as if he was personally offended that "his baby" has flaws.

Had he acted differently from the very start, like saying from the very start that Capcom wanted these ideas and that he likes the franchise (could be an outright lie for all I care. This is putting up appearances!) reactions would have been *extremely* different.
But with every time he insulted the old franchise (saying that Dante would get laughed out of bars outside of Tokyo, calling the fans who dislike the game sheep, saying that fans who dislike it "secretly want to buy it", that Dante is no longer "relevant", that this games writing will be mythbreaking and so on and so forth) he does not come across as a professional CEO. Or even a game designer. He comes across as a giant douchebag.

There was another team that did something similar. The Shadowrun 360 team.
On the dev journals one outright said he hated the franchise "until they were done adjusting it to their own liking". He went so far as to call it "Completely stupid, imagine putting a cybernetic arm on Frodo Baggings and call it a day".
Mitch, the lead dev, told fans to "Shut up, we're doing whatever we want with the franchise and you can't change a thing about it".
The result was an overpriced multiplayer only shooter that seems most like a polished Counterstrike with the WC3 mod. With about a fifth of the maps (13 total, 4 of those were smaller versions of already existing maps).

This is the exact same scenario. Dev insults the franchise and fans, says things about the old franchise that simply are not true, tells fans to shut it, praise their own game like it's the Second Coming and deliver a lackluster product on every front.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#104rj568Posted 1/13/2013 3:02:05 AM
Malus_X6 posted...
He deserves every bit of hate he gets, but I do agree that he doesn't need the racial slurs tossed his way.

---
The King Of Man-Hair
PSN: Kykiske568 GT: X FATALD3MONX
#105KyryloPosted 1/13/2013 3:05:16 AM
rj568 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
He deserves every bit of hate he gets, but I do agree that he doesn't need the racial slurs tossed his way.

what racial slurs?
#106TorgoForeverPosted 1/13/2013 3:05:27 AM
By declaring himself to be Shakespearean, he must suffer the fate as told by a Shakespearean tragedy.

He will be remembered as a potential successor to M. Night Shymalan if he were a film director
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvFkoJK-aPE
oFFiciAL ToRgO(pOn), wAKaMoToRcyClE. YoR, and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#107akira_hisyamPosted 1/13/2013 3:12:00 AM
he reap for what he sow.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
---Psn: Akira_Hisyam---
#108linkocarinaPosted 1/13/2013 5:20:13 AM
I'd have to say that I think Ninja Theory and Tameem went about DmC in an extremely disrespectful way (atleast as far as games are concerned).

'This is our Dante'
'The old Dante wasn't cool anymore'
'Wait until you see the game, then you will agree with us'

I'm sorry but, if you're a new developer to the series, the onus is on you to alleviate fans concerns. Instead of this, it seems at every turn, they have just insisted 'Our idea is better than yours'. So if fans want to voice their disagreement, they have every right to. Devil May Cry isn't Call of Duty, or FIFA. It has a very niche and supportive fanbase. These are the fans who will pick up DMC5, the HD collections and even re-purchase DMC2.

Simply put, you can't take a fan driven series and change it, then insist that what they had played before doesn't even compare to what they are doing now. You can look at MGR: Revengeance to see a good example; many fans were against it at first, but the developers took steps ('Hey, here's a cardboard box. That's familiar') to assure fans that they were giving their favourite series its due respect.
#109KyryloPosted 1/13/2013 5:22:08 AM
linkocarina posted...
I'd have to say that I think Ninja Theory and Tameem went about DmC in an extremely disrespectful way (atleast as far as games are concerned).

'This is our Dante'
'The old Dante wasn't cool anymore'
'Wait until you see the game, then you will agree with us'

I'm sorry but, if you're a new developer to the series, the onus is on you to alleviate fans concerns. Instead of this, it seems at every turn, they have just insisted 'Our idea is better than yours'. So if fans want to voice their disagreement, they have every right to. Devil May Cry isn't Call of Duty, or FIFA. It has a very niche and supportive fanbase. These are the fans who will pick up DMC5, the HD collections and even re-purchase DMC2.

Simply put, you can't take a fan driven series and change it, then insist that what they had played before doesn't even compare to what they are doing now. You can look at MGR: Revengeance to see a good example; many fans were against it at first, but the developers took steps ('Hey, here's a cardboard box. That's familiar') to assure fans that they were giving their favourite series its due respect.

MGR is never screamed MGS is **** so, you're completely right. If someone trashes my favorite franchise, I would as well trash ***** behind it.
#110StrelokPosted 1/13/2013 6:18:13 AM
Not to mention that the ones itching for a new MG stealthgame, MGS5 was announced. Revengeance isn't usurping the franchise.
This thing STILL has a good potential for doing so!
---