Man. I actually feel bad for Tameem.

#71hyjinx17Posted 1/12/2013 6:14:05 PM
Bashing is fine, but threats and racial slurs are pretty uncool. I was pretty vocal in the movement to change Mass Effect 3's ending, but I condemned the poeple who sent death threats. There's no reason to take it that far.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#72pigboyPosted 1/12/2013 6:19:30 PM
hyjinx17 posted...
Bashing is fine, but threats and racial slurs are pretty uncool. I was pretty vocal in the movement to change Mass Effect 3's ending, but I condemned the poeple who sent death threats. There's no reason to take it that far.

Death threats? really? I really want to see if there is proof of a real death threat. It is a huge difference between a real death threat vs. someone saying a complaint jokingly for all the stupid things Tam Tam did. I am not buying this "death threat" at all.
#73TheSmartBlondePosted 1/12/2013 6:21:44 PM
Tameem Antoniades ‏@superninjatam

There's a FEW intolerant, racist, homophobes on twitter speaking "for the fans". Even if you hate DmC, don't let them speak for you pls

Tameem Antoniades ‏@superninjatam

@xUmbrellaCo: @superninjatam why did you make Dante look gay? is it because your gay? Deep intellectual reasoning. Can't argue with that!

-----

Yeah he's a complete douche when he's defending himself.
#74hyjinx17Posted 1/12/2013 6:22:40 PM
pigboy posted...
hyjinx17 posted...

Death threats? really? I really want to see if there is proof of a real death threat. It is a huge difference between a real death threat vs. someone saying a complaint jokingly for all the stupid things Tam Tam did. I am not buying this "death threat" at all.

was referring to death threats sent during the Mass Effect 3 thing. I haven't really kept up on things going on involving this guy.But just as a general rule, Death threats arent cool.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#75wwinterj25Posted 1/12/2013 6:24:34 PM
Taizuku posted...
It's really unfair to say "he should'nt have acted the way he did" that's like telling the abused wife she shouldn't have talked back. He was just supposed to sit back and take all that garbage everyone was spewing?

As a professional and when talking to potential costumers yes. I've worked in retail as a example and you sometimes get a customer who is a ass. If I got hot and bothered and did the same back to them then I would be the one who is fired. You lap it up and get on with your job. Part of that job is making customers happy so they buy the products and return. Tameem just dug his own grave to be honest.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#76ZeroX91Posted 1/12/2013 6:27:16 PM
hyjinx17 posted...
pigboy posted...
hyjinx17 posted...

was referring to death threats sent during the Mass Effect 3 thing. I haven't really kept up on things going on involving this guy.But just as a general rule, Death threats arent cool.

I agree, but when you cite this as a death threat you kinda lose me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVgqKEpumdY
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
#77darkdragon_9600Posted 1/12/2013 6:31:48 PM
Yeah, Tameem received death threats and had to face homophobic comments. That's the Twitter Crowd. However, I never saw him coming here to talk about the game, or what people dislike in it.

Robert Bowling did it for Modern Warfare 2, why can't Tameem? Surely he would receive some feedback on what went wrong and would earn him some respect. Especially after that "I don't care" remark and then trying backing out.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#78pigboyPosted 1/12/2013 6:33:34 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Once again, this is a popular topic so outsiders come in and see the hate we are throwing without understanding the years of stuff he did to earn our scorn. The man's unwarranted arrogance and disrespect deserve our scrutiny.

"Just doing his job"
Yeah, the job of desecrating our favorite franchise. He could have been more humble and understanding, but instead he is rude and arrogant, telling us what we should like.

"NO! What you like isn't cool anymore! You should like what I like! A character that you loved before that has my features superimposed upon him!"

"But..but...racism....but...but...death threats...."
Gee, sure is easier to dismiss people's legitimate issues when you lump them all together with crazies isn't it?

The man does his first story writing job and says that it will bring video game stories to the same level as the best of film and theater. Seriously.

The man alters an iconic character into his own image. Smoking, hairstyle, hair color, British heritage, the works.

The man has the arrogance to tell the customer that they are wrong.

The man refuses constructive criticism and insults those who give it.

The man intentionally puts scenes into the game to provoke the upset fans.

When asked if he cares that fans are upset, no, he doesn't care.

Tameem has done this and more to earn our scorn.

Oh, and this
Taizuku posted...
It's really unfair to say "he should'nt have acted the way he did" that's like telling the abused wife she shouldn't have talked back. He was just supposed to sit back and take all that garbage everyone was spewing?

This is such a warped perception. He isn't "an abused wife" he is the head of his company, a professional. A professional is supposed to be above petty retorts. They are supposed to behave, check this, professionally. You can scream unfair and double standards all you like, that is just the reality of the situation.

A professional that represents their company is expected to behave better than a five year old on the internet.

You make him out to be some kind of martyr. He isn't, he's just an unprofessional jerk.

You said it all my friend.

As the head of the company, and it the age of internet. Of course he will get bash harshly for any unprofessional behavior for he represent the company.

Like a Pro here brag about Tam Tam got paid a lot more that we "haters" do.

He may be right, but the big paid comes with big responsibility. As an executive, he has to be cautious about all his action and words in a professional manner. I would not say thing like bad mouthing prior DMC games or fans, making the new Dante "
Tam Tam like", & blaming other DMC fans for bad sales of his game is anything but professional. No, in the adult world, you take the job and you will have to take the responsibility along with it too.

Like Uncle Ben said: "Great Paid comes with Great Responsibility!"
#79pigboyPosted 1/12/2013 6:35:39 PM
hyjinx17 posted...
pigboy posted...
hyjinx17 posted...

That's what I am saying. I couldn't find any real death threats sent to Tam Tam. It is just all his saying. We don't see any real proof here.

However, there are many Tam Tam's irresponsible & unprofessional actions & behavior all over the internet. It is only normal for people to bash his unprofessional behavior.
#80TheSmartBlondePosted 1/12/2013 6:35:43 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
Taizuku posted...

As a professional and when talking to potential costumers yes. I've worked in retail as a example and you sometimes get a customer who is a ass. If I got hot and bothered and did the same back to them then I would be the one who is fired. You lap it up and get on with your job. Part of that job is making customers happy so they buy the products and return. Tameem just dug his own grave to be honest.

Oh please. You guys have overreacted with EVERYTHING related to this reboot from the moment it was announced. Some of you are completely obsessed. It is a video game. Don't buy it. That's the greatest thing you can do to "stick it to the man". You don't make death threats. That's just sick.