Convince me to buy this.

#11DarkJaydragonPosted 1/13/2013 9:24:13 AM
Cba going into it, I'll just stick with my short answer and say that you shouldn't get it.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#12InfinyGodslayerPosted 1/13/2013 9:24:44 AM
TheDromader Posted 1/13/2013 9:18:17 AM

Dantes hair turns white. I keep hearing thats what people care about the most apparently, fans or not, and everything else people find bad is just irrelevant, blind hate.

Said everything! I have nothing else to add.

---
---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.
#13pageisbestPosted 1/13/2013 9:25:48 AM
pesmerga, you told me yourself your game wasn't worth the money.. What is this topic then, I don't really understand
---
!!!sdrawkcab sti nehw yllaicepse serutangis daer ot sseltniop stI
#14tehheadPosted 1/13/2013 9:26:15 AM
most moves can't be cancelled when they already hit
this game plays little bit more conservative than DMC4, somehow in par in 3 (at least i felt so in early game of 3)

this game will destroy your feeling of dodging in any previous DMC game if played too long, since you can't roll back in any DMC, neither previous DMC has dodge button to
its a trait from bayonetta i guess, DMC dodges is either roll left/right or just jump

gunplay sucks badly, at least the enemy can take some melee attack unlike prides in DMC3 (4 hit with rebellion in normal -_-)

stinger, or any older R1 moves are hard to pull, but this are covered from pulls & grapple

this game is faster & more technical than GoW games, so that's a plus

treat it as above average action game, and this game is fine, previous DMC & bayonettas being good action game

my opinion? buy it when price drop, or 2nd hand, or mug somebody like this dante did, punch them in the face, grab the game, run away
#15steepcirclePosted 1/13/2013 9:27:51 AM
tehhead posted...
most moves can't be cancelled when they already hit
this game plays little bit more conservative than DMC4, somehow in par in 3 (at least i felt so in early game of 3)

this game will destroy your feeling of dodging in any previous DMC game if played too long, since you can't roll back in any DMC, neither previous DMC has dodge button to
its a trait from bayonetta i guess, DMC dodges is either roll left/right or just jump

gunplay sucks badly, at least the enemy can take some melee attack unlike prides in DMC3 (4 hit with rebellion in normal -_-)

stinger, or any older R1 moves are hard to pull, but this are covered from pulls & grapple

this game is faster & more technical than GoW games, so that's a plus

treat it as above average action game, and this game is fine, previous DMC & bayonettas being good action game

my opinion? buy it when price drop, or 2nd hand, or mug somebody like this dante did, punch them in the face, grab the game, run away

But DMC2 had a dedicated dodge button. You did those funky cartwheels
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#16KyryloPosted 1/13/2013 9:31:04 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I'm a long time DMC fan, but I hated Ninja Theory's other games. I also have no interest in the plot because I don't like shallow social commentary.

The combat in the demo was clunky, but I've heard the game is critically acclaimed.

What does this game offer that will grab my attention?

you'll get amazing action with 8 weapons that you can change on the fly, awesome rotating camera and never seen before story, that makes up for overall lacking stories of the whole videogame universe.
#17Dr_AaronPosted 1/13/2013 9:32:30 AM
Buy this game. Don't listen to the haters; this game is just like DMC2 but with expanded gameplay and GRAPHICS. The story is a pretty good social commentary on the worlds we have today. The gameplay is not the same as the demo, you don't even have DMD mode in the demo so how can you judge the game in it's entireity you stupid haters.
#18KyryloPosted 1/13/2013 9:33:49 AM
Dr_Aaron posted...
Buy this game. Don't listen to the haters; this game is just like DMC2 but with expanded gameplay and GRAPHICS. The story is a pretty good social commentary on the worlds we have today. The gameplay is not the same as the demo, you don't even have DMD mode in the demo so how can you judge the game in it's entireity you stupid haters.

don't spread negativity over this board.
#19DuuuDe14Posted 1/13/2013 9:34:15 AM
I rather not spending 60 bucks to judge a game that is visually WORSE than games much older than it. Troll harder.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#20m100t1sPosted 1/13/2013 9:36:12 AM
Dr_Aaron posted...

LOL, TC is like the biggest DmC hater here.

Anyway, Pes. I like the story,the gameplay and the level designs in DmC, I HATED every single game from NT btw. I think DmC is their best game.