So, name your top 5 hack and slashes

#21FNP88Posted 1/13/2013 5:32:35 PM
Souls games, hack and slash?! Those are two of my favorite games, you guys really would define them as hack and slash?
#22Nateo86Posted 1/13/2013 5:32:36 PM
USMCinfinity posted...
After seeing Demon/Dark Soul mentioned as a hack and slash here I seriously doubt the intelligence level of this board.

well than maybe you should leave and find a board that caters for people like you(cant say what I really want to) coz If your trying to talk it up to being more than a type of hack and slash you have no idea
#23produnerPosted 1/13/2013 5:32:40 PM
USMCinfinity posted...
After seeing Demon/Dark Soul mentioned as a hack and slash here I seriously doubt the intelligence level of this board.

"Hack and slash or hack and slay, abbreviated H&S or HnS, refers to a type of gameplay that emphasizes combat. "Hack and slash" was originally used to describe a play style in tabletop role-playing games, carrying over from there to MUDs, MMORPGs, and video games in general. In console- and arcade-style video games, the usage specifically implies a focus on combat with hand-to-hand weapons. In other contexts it is more general, and an archer or unarmed martial artist may participate as fully in a hack and slash game, or be as hack-and-slash oriented as an individual, as an armed melee fighter. Both variations of the term are often written in hyphenated form and with the conjunction contracted, e.g. hack-and-slash, hack 'n' slay." wekipedia

although it has been mentioned in the article that its modernly used to describe 3rd person action games like DMC.
#24antking61Posted 1/13/2013 5:34:59 PM
Nateo86 posted...
well than maybe you should leave and find a board that caters for people like you(cant say what I really want to) coz If your trying to talk it up to being more than a type of hack and slash you have no idea

Quick question, do you also classify Legend of Zelda as a Hack n Slash?
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#25produnerPosted 1/13/2013 5:35:14 PM
FNP88 posted...
Souls games, hack and slash?! Those are two of my favorite games, you guys really would define them as hack and slash?

Well the concept seems kinda vague, you can hack and slash literally in souls games, but they play more like an rpg game were you are more restricted with stamina, dodging, blocking rather than mindless hack and slash.

also stop being a sheep.
#26KyryloPosted 1/13/2013 5:37:08 PM
DMC3/1/4
Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden 2
Lords of Shadows
Onimusha 2/DoD
#27Nateo86Posted 1/13/2013 5:41:30 PM
antking61 posted...
Nateo86 posted...

With a little bit of blocking lol but its puzzles are alot more memorable only for the reason I dont usually find them as mind numbingly boring first time through, what do you remember from demon souls when you think of it
#28darkdragon_9600Posted 1/13/2013 5:44:34 PM
antking61 posted...
Nateo86 posted...

With a little bit of blocking lol but its puzzles are alot more memorable only for the reason I dont usually find them as mind numbingly boring first time through, what do you remember from demon souls when you think of it

That one time I saw the Vanguard and was all like "**** yeah, I've kicked the ass of the Asylum Demon and now you're next!"

Then I died.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#29antking61Posted 1/13/2013 5:45:13 PM
Nateo86 posted...

Being invaded and back-stabbed by random ass-hat #278658346. XXXP

Seriously though, I always just call it a Dungeon Crawler. Hack n Slash games I usually associate with faster gameplay and an emphasis on the physical combat's fluidity.

The Souls games are slow and clunky to force you to play your moves better.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#30megamaticsPosted 1/13/2013 5:46:05 PM
1) Devil May Cry 3
2) Devil May Cry 4
3) Rygar
4) Beyonetta
5)Devil May Cry 1
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics