So, name your top 5 hack and slashes

#71KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/13/2013 10:41:17 PM
1.Bayonetta
2.DMC3-S.E.
3.DMC1
4.Chaos Legion (the reason I bought it was because of the thing on the case. "If you love DMC, you'll love this!. They were right).
5. Not sure about this one... too many others to choose from. The other 4 were obvious to me, but this one is a tie between like 10 different games.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#72MrBuggzPosted 1/13/2013 10:50:17 PM
1. DMC 3 (far and away the best imo)
2. PoP: Warrior Within
3. Otogi 2 (This game was soooo overlooked and I still play it sometime)
4. God of War 3 (would have been perfect if not for the dumb guitar hero part)
5. Heavenly Sword (hate be damned that game was epic and emotional, I play it at least once a year)

I have play many many HnS.

Oh if I was sure I could consider Advent Rising an HnS it would be there. But there is a lot of power and gun wielding so I'm not sure, but that is my favorite game of all time. I didn't care about the glitches and I didn't have all that many tbh
---
I game to have fun, not to change the world.
#73fatal_fighterPosted 1/13/2013 10:50:40 PM
1)Ninja Gaiden Black
2)Ninja Gaiden 2
3)Devil May Cry 3
4)Devil May Cry 4
5)Bayonetta
#74Megiddo_FlarePosted 1/13/2013 10:53:12 PM
1. Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (probably going to be usurped by 7: Empires though)
2. Devil May Cry 1
3. Devil May Cry 3:SE
4. Bayonetta
5. Ninja Gaiden Sigma (never had the pleasure to play Black since I never owned an Original Xbox)

I'm also really surprised to see Chaos Legion mentioned. Really great game. I lost my copy years ago but I got a...um, borrowed copy of it now. Also nice to see fellow Warriors here. 8 is looking really good guys!

Other mentions go to Dynasty Warriors 3 and Xtreme Legends, Samurai Warriors 1 and Xtreme Legends, Warriors Orochi series, Ninja Gaiden 2 & Sigma, Devil May Cry 4, & Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#75mrmickfranPosted 1/13/2013 11:09:08 PM
1.Bayonetta
2.Devil May Cry 3
3.Devil May Cry
---
Playing: Kid Icarus:Uprising, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Sin & Punishment 2
Waiting For: Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance, The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2,
#76Orange00Posted 1/13/2013 11:53:17 PM
in no particular order:
Double Dragon 3 (for NES)
Turtles in Time (for SNES)
Dynasty Warriors 4 (I've spend more our on this one than any other game)
Blood Will Tell (never heard anyone else played this one..)
DMC 3 (I used to rave how this was the best PS2 game ever)

These are just top 5 because I feel like I've had the most fun with these games.

I'd add Demons's and Dark Souls as well but I don't consider them hack n slashers, but that's just my opinion.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#77KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/13/2013 11:54:29 PM
Orange00 posted...
in no particular order:

These are just top 5 because I feel like I've had the most fun with these games.

I'd add Demons's and Dark Souls as well but I don't consider them hack n slashers, but that's just my opinion.

While I understand it's your opinion... DD3 and Turtle's in time aren't really H&S....

Neither is DW4. They're more like brawlers/beat-em-ups.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#78Orange00Posted 1/14/2013 12:01:55 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Orange00 posted...
in no particular order:

While I understand it's your opinion... DD3 and Turtle's in time aren't really H&S....

i'd call dw4 hack n slash, but agree with turtles and dd3. I just saw other people naming stuff like godhand and golden axe and thought what the hell. Besides i think modern hack n slashers have more in common with beat em ups of olden days than hack n slash origins.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#79KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/14/2013 12:03:02 AM
Orange00 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Orange00 posted...
in no particular order:

i'd call dw4 hack n slash, but agree with turtles and dd3. I just saw other people naming stuff like godhand and golden axe and thought what the hell. Besides i think modern hack n slashers have more in common with beat em ups of olden days than hack n slash origins.

Meh, I guess I kind of agree there.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#80Orange00Posted 1/14/2013 12:18:05 AM
i also wanted to emphasize older games because honestly i have not enjoyed this gen. I acknowledge there are some genuinely good games bit i simply haven't had that much fun.
---