Adam Sessler's DMC review.

#141Psychochild27Posted 1/14/2013 10:40:37 AM(edited)
finalfantasy94 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
Mystickay86 posted...
Sasukefire posted...
Oh since he did a similar review to DMC 3 and gave it a 3/5
He gavie it a 4. I remember watching that episode. DMC4 got a 3/5.

No, he gave it a 3/5, and gave DMC 2 a 4/5.

Source? The only thing I can find on it is that G4 TV gave it a 4/5 for Dante's Awakening according to Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/devil-may-cry-3-dantes-awakening/critic-reviews

thats not the orginal game thats a re release.

No, that's the original release. G4 TV doesn't have a score listed for the S.E.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/devil-may-cry-3-special-edition/critic-reviews

See? You can tell that link leads to the re-release because it has special edition in the URL and reads "Special Edition" on the page.
#142fioriPosted 1/14/2013 10:39:23 AM
That guy gave DMC 2 a positive review...

So, I wouldn't take his opinion too seriously after that, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f7Gdatbcx7o
#143Mystickay86Posted 1/14/2013 10:43:21 AM
100% since I saw the review in 2005 I believe. I remember being flabbergasted that he gave it a 3/5 and comment that he gave 2nd a 4/5, and note this isn't the "Special Edition with vergil included!" game, this was the original new ps2 release.

I also addressed in numerous topics in gamefaqs when they happen to take G4tv reviews seriously, that I will comment about them giving DMC 3 a lower review than 2, and should not be taken seriously. A majority of users couldn't reply with a comeback.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#144Psychochild27Posted 1/14/2013 10:50:33 AM(edited)
Mystickay86 posted...
100% since I saw the review in 2005 I believe. I remember being flabbergasted that he gave it a 3/5 and comment that he gave 2nd a 4/5, and note this isn't the "Special Edition with vergil included!" game, this was the original new ps2 release.

I also addressed in numerous topics in gamefaqs when they happen to take G4tv reviews seriously, that I will comment about them giving DMC 3 a lower review than 2, and should not be taken seriously. A majority of users couldn't reply with a comeback.

Back it up with a link because Metacritic is saying otherwise. It is saying the the original new PS2 release got a 4/5 from them and the review is no longer available on the site. Saying "No, no, you got to believe me!" isn't going to cut it.
#145RichterB17Posted 1/14/2013 10:49:12 AM
fiori posted...
That guy gave DMC 2 a positive review...

So, I wouldn't take his opinion too seriously after that, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f7Gdatbcx7o

That review was kind of weird. He notes the bad textures, kinda bad bosses, and enemies yet they barely effect the sword. The way he talks about DMC1 makes it sound like that game is extremely difficult when it's not. I guess he gave it a positive score for the gameplay which in the year 2002 was still pretty good at the time although his review sounded like more of a 3 out of 5.

His DmC review I dunno I find his review almost completely accurate. From what I've seen the levels become really uninspired towards the end and the story is terrible and that was NT's biggest draw for the game. Good gameplay, but everything else isn't that great 3 out of 5.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#146gwoodtamuPosted 1/14/2013 10:53:10 AM
So basically what I have seen is,

Bah! PRAISE SESSLER! HE DIDN'T PRAISE DmC.

Bash that dude who loved DmC! He obviously is paid by them! IGN! PShhhhhh! 8.9? NO CHANCE! HE COULDN'T HAVE LIKED IT! OBVIOUSLY PAID!

DmC isn't a real DMC game bro! The new guy doesn't have platinum hair yo! I know I haven't even played this game yet! BUT IT SUCKS BRO!

That about right... Bro?
#147RichterB17Posted 1/14/2013 10:56:35 AM
gwoodtamu posted...

Bash that dude who loved DmC! He obviously is paid by them! IGN! PShhhhhh! 8.9? NO CHANCE! HE COULDN'T HAVE LIKED IT! OBVIOUSLY PAID!

DmC isn't a real DMC game bro! The new guy doesn't have platinum hair yo! I know I haven't even played this game yet! BUT IT SUCKS BRO!

That about right... Bro?

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to this topic, and to answer your question no. People have watched walkthroughs and people who've played the game say it's identical to the demo, but since we watched walkthroughs I guess we are going to be called names for that too.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#148gwoodtamuPosted 1/14/2013 11:05:19 AM
RichterB17 posted...
gwoodtamu posted...

That about right... Bro?

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to this topic, and to answer your question no. People have watched walkthroughs and people who've played the game say it's identical to the demo, but since we watched walkthroughs I guess we are going to be called names for that too.

And your contribution is what exactly?

They have? From what I gather I have seen a number of positive reviews of the game, from "people who have played the game", and they seem to love it. So I guess they are stupid trolls who have obviously been paid to support the game? Or is there a sliver of a chance that the game is actually, GASP! ... good?
#149Mystickay86Posted 1/14/2013 11:07:03 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
Mystickay86 posted...

Back it up with a link because Metacritic is saying otherwise. It is saying the the original new PS2 release got a 4/5 from them and the review is no longer available on the site. Saying "No, no, you got to believe me!" isn't going to cut it.

Great >.> I may be thinking of DMC 4 then <,<, but I can't find g4tv's review on DMC 3 <,<
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#150RichterB17Posted 1/14/2013 11:09:36 AM(edited)
gwoodtamu posted...
And your contribution is what exactly?

They have? From what I gather I have seen a number of positive reviews of the game, from "people who have played the game", and they seem to love it. So I guess they are stupid trolls who have obviously been paid to support the game? Or is there a sliver of a chance that the game is actually, GASP! ... good?

I just responded to fiori about Sessler's review about DMC2 and we are now trying to figure out about this whole DMC3 review debacle. If YOU want to troll go troll somewhere else.

@Mystickay86 I think you are mistaking it for DMC4's review because I remember people reacting to their review like that vividly.
---