Adam Sessler's DMC review.

#151fioriPosted 1/14/2013 11:24:50 AM
RichterB17 posted...
fiori posted...
That guy gave DMC 2 a positive review...

So, I wouldn't take his opinion too seriously after that, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f7Gdatbcx7o

That review was kind of weird. He notes the bad textures, kinda bad bosses, and enemies yet they barely effect the sword. The way he talks about DMC1 makes it sound like that game is extremely difficult when it's not. I guess he gave it a positive score for the gameplay which in the year 2002 was still pretty good at the time although his review sounded like more of a 3 out of 5.

His DmC review I dunno I find his review almost completely accurate. From what I've seen the levels become really uninspired towards the end and the story is terrible and that was NT's biggest draw for the game. Good gameplay, but everything else isn't that great 3 out of 5.

Exactly, that's why I think his review for DMC 2 was strange. I also noticed what you said, he actually talked about DMC 1 being a hard game, when we know it wasn't that hard to begin with.

As for his DmC review, I really don't know what t think about it. However, I agree with you regarding the last missions of DmC. Based on the gameplays I saw, they were quite disappointing and lacked emotion. The last battles were also really weak. So, maybe that's why he gave a 3/5.

Other than that, at least he wasn't biased like most of the reviews that gave the game a 9. XD
#152DethaPosted 1/14/2013 11:29:05 AM
Sessler is amazing.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Taneem Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#153RichterB17Posted 1/14/2013 11:31:08 AM
fiori posted...
RichterB17 posted...
fiori posted...

That review was kind of weird. He notes the bad textures, kinda bad bosses, and enemies yet they barely effect the sword. The way he talks about DMC1 makes it sound like that game is extremely difficult when it's not. I guess he gave it a positive score for the gameplay which in the year 2002 was still pretty good at the time although his review sounded like more of a 3 out of 5.

His DmC review I dunno I find his review almost completely accurate. From what I've seen the levels become really uninspired towards the end and the story is terrible and that was NT's biggest draw for the game. Good gameplay, but everything else isn't that great 3 out of 5.

Exactly, that's why I think his review for DMC 2 was strange. I also noticed what you said, he actually talked about DMC 1 being a hard game, when we know it wasn't that hard to begin with.

As for his DmC review, I really don't know what t think about it. However, I agree with you regarding the last missions of DmC. Based on the gameplays I saw, they were quite disappointing and lacked emotion. The last battles were also really weak. So, maybe that's why he gave a 3/5.

Other than that, at least he wasn't biased like most of the reviews that gave the game a 9. XD

Yes definitely, the game is obviously not perfect, the 8's range is exactly what I thought most people would give it and that's what Ninja Theory usually get's with their games.

Although I really did not like the attitude of IGN's review; "shut the f*** up and buy this s***" is this a review or an advertisement? lol
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#154Psychochild27Posted 1/14/2013 11:37:57 AM
RichterB17 posted...
gwoodtamu posted...
And your contribution is what exactly?

They have? From what I gather I have seen a number of positive reviews of the game, from "people who have played the game", and they seem to love it. So I guess they are stupid trolls who have obviously been paid to support the game? Or is there a sliver of a chance that the game is actually, GASP! ... good?

I just responded to fiori about Sessler's review about DMC2 and we are now trying to figure out about this whole DMC3 review debacle. If YOU want to troll go troll somewhere else.

@Mystickay86 I think you are mistaking it for DMC4's review because I remember people reacting to their review like that vividly.

I don't remember being that shocked by their DMC3 review (In fact, i somehow remember it making me pretty excited for the game). DMC4 was much harsher, but that's also a very polarizing game in the first place that's either the second coming of Christ or the worst piece of **** next to DMC2.
#155Mystickay86Posted 1/14/2013 11:41:45 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
RichterB17 posted...
gwoodtamu posted...
And your contribution is what exactly?

They have? From what I gather I have seen a number of positive reviews of the game, from "people who have played the game", and they seem to love it. So I guess they are stupid trolls who have obviously been paid to support the game? Or is there a sliver of a chance that the game is actually, GASP! ... good?

I just responded to fiori about Sessler's review about DMC2 and we are now trying to figure out about this whole DMC3 review debacle. If YOU want to troll go troll somewhere else.

@Mystickay86 I think you are mistaking it for DMC4's review because I remember people reacting to their review like that vividly.

I don't remember being that shocked by their DMC3 review (In fact, i somehow remember it making me pretty excited for the game). DMC4 was much harsher, but that's also a very polarizing game in the first place that's either the second coming of Christ or the worst piece of **** next to DMC2.

I'm wrong, you are right, senior gamefaqs member ;P
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#156SlaveBladePosted 1/14/2013 12:00:29 PM
he actually talked about DMC 1 being a hard game, when we know it wasn't that hard to begin with.

Not sure if srs.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#157fioriPosted 1/14/2013 12:15:51 PM
RichterB17 posted...
fiori posted...
RichterB17 posted...
fiori posted...

Yes definitely, the game is obviously not perfect, the 8's range is exactly what I thought most people would give it and that's what Ninja Theory usually get's with their games.

Although I really did not like the attitude of IGN's review; "shut the f*** up and buy this s***" is this a review or an advertisement? lol

Yep, I didn't like IGN's acts, but hey, it's IGN we're talking about, lol. :)
#158RichterB17Posted 1/14/2013 1:29:37 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
he actually talked about DMC 1 being a hard game, when we know it wasn't that hard to begin with.

Not sure if srs.

It's really not how he makes it seem like. He says the bosses were unfair pffft please those bosses were fine. If you leveled up and found the health upgrades the game is pretty much fair onward. Now Hard Mode and onward is a different story.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#159SlaveBladePosted 1/14/2013 2:13:40 PM
RichterB17 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

Not sure if srs.

It's really not how he makes it seem like. He says the bosses were unfair pffft please those bosses were fine. If you leveled up and found the health upgrades the game is pretty much fair onward. Now Hard Mode and onward is a different story.

OK, that's more understandable. I went back and played normal mode, never dying once and I'm like "How was this game hard again?" and then I went to hard mode and remembered.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#160thesacknatorPosted 1/14/2013 2:21:49 PM
RichterB17 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

Not sure if srs.

The 3rd Nelo Angelo, 3rd Nightmare fight and the Mundus fights were all pretty hard on Dante Must Die Mode