Adam Sessler's DMC review.

#61Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/14/2013 4:00:19 AM
TheDawnRider posted...
Billysan posted...
TheDawnRider posted...
The plot of RE5 was pretty lame. I also didn't like how they ruined Wesker and gave him dumbass motivations and a plan which made no sense at all. The direction the writers took with him just felt wrong but many long time RE fans have already pointed this out, so I'm just stating the obvious now.

The problem is that the Wesker finale was anticlimactic because of how long they built him up.

That was extremely disappointing, but that's not the only problem. Wesker being an experiment all along was stupid. Wesker's plan which the series was building up to was idiotic and doesn't even make sense when you look at the previous games. (He mentions restoring Umbrella in RE4 to Ada)

Or the fact that he's now an idiot and no longer an intelligent guy working behind the scenes who's always one step ahead from anyone.

He was always an idiot, remember how RE1 ended? Just because they retconned it into being part of his "Master Plan" doesn't change the fact that all his master plans were dumb.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#62JirynPosted 1/14/2013 4:04:01 AM
RichterB17 posted...
I have new found respect for Adam Sessler. Ever since he left X-Play I just love the guy now.

Yes, how he left G4, and his new company and reviews are honest and say the stuff other companies are afraid to say.
Full respect to Adam, who I feel just became the "Keji Inafune" of reviews/reviewing games.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#63BillysanPosted 1/14/2013 4:04:50 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Billysan posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
That doesn't make it any less token or racist. There is no reason for a tribe like that to exist in a modern day horror/action game.

At the very least the cult in 4 matched the dated aesthetics of the village and castle.

In RE5 it's just spear throwing face paint tribe out of nowhere. why not give them guns and armor if they are protecting your secret lab? It's not like they can resist your orders if you plagas them.

God damn have you not read a single thing I've said.

The reasons are all there. It makes since..unless you totally ignore the plot.

"At the very least the cult in 4 matched the dated aesthetics of the village and castle. "

Okay what!? You first meet them in a tribal village and the tribes own ruins. That's the only places they show up.

The reasoning doesn't make it any less racist. It's a OOGA BOOGIE tribe in a modern war game. RE4 is all about a cult, it's totally different, they weren't token spanish stereotypes out of nowhere.

The Cult and Tribe are literally the same thing. Saddler used the cult that protected the parasite. Same damn thing. (The game is like the same set up, starts in a small under developed town, goes to sacred site with old school guardians, then up to date army base.)

You seem to be singling them out because they are black.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#64Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/14/2013 4:07:16 AM
That's what make it racist.

Saddler is the leader of the cult, it makes sense they are dressed like a nondescript cult.

Wesker is leading an high tech army, and to protect his secret lab he uses a token tribe armed with spears? It doesn't really make a lot of sense in the big picture, Nor does it match the aesthetics of the rest of the game.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#65ChaingunmasterPosted 1/14/2013 4:09:53 AM
RichterB17 posted...
I have new found respect for Adam Sessler. Ever since he left X-Play I just love the guy now.

In other words he wrote a review you agreed with.
Just see how long that "newfound respect" lasts when he bashes a game you like.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#66KyryloPosted 1/14/2013 4:12:13 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
RichterB17 posted...

oooh. who's being anti now? So you don't like someone bashing game you like, but you agrees when Tameem or pros bashing original game? So who's hypocrite now?
#67ChaingunmasterPosted 1/14/2013 4:15:30 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
RichterB17 posted...

oooh. who's being anti now? So you don't like someone bashing game you like, but you agrees when Tameem or pros bashing original game? So who's hypocrite now?

What are you talking about? I'm saying that this guy is a fairweather friend, he doesn't respect the reviewer, only that he gave an opinion he agreed with.
You sound like we've been talking to each other for 5 or 6 posts now.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#68BillysanPosted 1/14/2013 4:16:46 AM(edited)
Mister_Zurkon posted...
That's what make it racist.

Saddler is the leader of the cult, it makes sense they are dressed like a nondescript cult.

Wesker is leading an high tech army, and to protect his secret lab he uses a token tribe armed with spears? It doesn't really make a lot of sense in the big picture, Nor does it match the aesthetics of the rest of the game.

Wesker uses his own men of hire (ones with guns and armor) to protect his more important places. Same has Saddler.

Saddler is a outsider to the cult. The leader was Salazar who wasn't actually dressed like the rest of the members. Salazar and his cult are being used by Saddler. Saddler didn't supply them with a bunch of guns and armor.

RE4 had the same mix and match themes though. Village, medieval castle, and high tech army base.

RE5 main setting is practically the ruins that house the progenitor virus. So yes the tribe makes sense.

Now if there had been no ruins or tribal village and it was tribe men in modern places you would have a point.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#69Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/14/2013 4:21:54 AM
The entirety of RE4 is about the cult, Saddler is the leader, it makes sense the bad guys look like a cult, and not a bunch of token spanish cliches.

RE6 is about Wesker's modern army, not about a tribe. The tribe is just thrown in out of nowhere and is pretty much the the most random moment in the series.
---
#70HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/14/2013 4:23:48 AM
Was suppose to be taking a break from this place, but RE5 racism forced me to respond.
For one thing, you were killing honkies in the first 3 RE games, killing Spaniards in RE4, and I imagine you kill other races throughout the first 3 games, RE6, and the spin-offs/side games.
Nobody was saying junk was racist then.
But when you're shooting some brotha's, now it's suddenly racist. They were in Africa (where it was set up prior to be the originator of the virus). Even if Wesker had used his full task force (which he does, I might add), there were bound to be some black folks. There was no way they were going to do a RE game in Africa and you not end up shooting black folks. Shoot, there's no way you're doing a game or movie in Africa and black folks aren't dying.
If you're calling it racist, then you're suffering from a bad case of white guilt.
You were in Africa to stop some supa' zombie virus, some brotha's got in the way, and you shot them. It happens, cause it's AFRICA.
When I was in Spain with Leon trying to find out what was going on, some Spanish got in the way, and I shot them. It happens, cause it's SPAIN.
When I was in Raccoon City and everywhere the early RE games were, some honkies got in the way, and I shot them, cause it's AMERICA.

Now back to beating AC3 and Far Cry 3 before my copy of DmC game gets here.
---
"I like the way you die, boy" -Django