Adam Sessler's DMC review.

#71Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/14/2013 4:24:58 AM
And Salazar was not a leader, he was a recluse until Saddler came to him. Saddler is the sole founder of the cult. He used Salazar to get to the plagas that was sealed away.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#72Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/14/2013 4:29:26 AM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Was suppose to be taking a break from this place, but RE5 racism forced me to respond.
For one thing, you were killing honkies in the first 3 RE games, killing Spaniards in RE4, and I imagine you kill other races throughout the first 3 games, RE6, and the spin-offs/side games.
Nobody was saying junk was racist then.
But when you're shooting some brotha's, now it's suddenly racist. They were in Africa (where it was set up prior to be the originator of the virus). Even if Wesker had used his full task force (which he does, I might add), there were bound to be some black folks. There was no way they were going to do a RE game in Africa and you not end up shooting black folks. Shoot, there's no way you're doing a game or movie in Africa and black folks aren't dying.
If you're calling it racist, then you're suffering from a bad case of white guilt.
You were in Africa to stop some supa' zombie virus, some brotha's got in the way, and you shot them. It happens, cause it's AFRICA.
When I was in Spain with Leon trying to find out what was going on, some Spanish got in the way, and I shot them. It happens, cause it's SPAIN.
When I was in Raccoon City and everywhere the early RE games were, some honkies got in the way, and I shot them, cause it's AMERICA.

Now back to beating AC3 and Far Cry 3 before my copy of DmC game gets here.

It's not because they are black, it's because they are a spear throwing facepainted tribal in the middle of CoD: Black Noodle Ops.

It's not like a Bullfighter popped out randomly during RE4, or random gangs of Zombie Shoalin Monks in RE6.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#73BillysanPosted 1/14/2013 4:30:13 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
The entirety of RE4 is about the cult, Saddler is the leader, it makes sense the bad guys look like a cult, and not a bunch of token spanish cliches.

RE6 is about Wesker's modern army, not about a tribe. The tribe is just thrown in out of nowhere and is pretty much the the most random moment in the series.

The cult is only one part of RE4 lol.

RE4 is about Saddler taking over the planet.

The tribe doesn't feel random at all. You enter a tribal town before encountering the tribesmen. Where you expecting cyborg ninjas.

Follow the plot it it makes prefect sense has to why they are there. The ancestral grounds mean a lot to the people. Nothing wrong with celebrating their heritage real people do this kind of stuff you know.

And it's not like they are the first and only black people you see in the game.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#74myghostisdeadPosted 1/14/2013 4:31:43 AM
I thought this was a pretty good review and the game fell where I thought it would. I think 3/5 is just about right. I feel it is a middling game.

Speaking of scores and predictions was it someone from Capcom last year or so that said they were looking for perfect scores? I can't remember but does anybody remember that or can find a link to that quip? I think scores will run from 6-9 out of 10 depending on the reviewer.

The RE talk is reminding me of the topics that were taken over by the Other M arguments.
#75pyro_buntaPosted 1/14/2013 4:32:13 AM
m100t1s posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...
m100t1s posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
3/5

The first unpaid score.

My DMC sense is tingling! I think the reviewer is being paid off bro.

3/5 is 6/10. Nobody is paying anyone for a 6/10.

Dude, When my DMC sense is tingling, I'm always right.

How many times have you been wrong now?
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#76Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/14/2013 4:34:51 AM
Billysan posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
The entirety of RE4 is about the cult, Saddler is the leader, it makes sense the bad guys look like a cult, and not a bunch of token spanish cliches.

RE6 is about Wesker's modern army, not about a tribe. The tribe is just thrown in out of nowhere and is pretty much the the most random moment in the series.

The cult is only one part of RE4 lol.

RE4 is about Saddler taking over the planet.

The tribe doesn't feel random at all. You enter a tribal town before encountering the tribesmen. Where you expecting cyborg ninjas.

Follow the plot it it makes prefect sense has to why they are there. The ancestral grounds mean a lot to the people. Nothing wrong with celebrating their heritage real people do this kind of stuff you know.

And it's not like they are the first and only black people you see in the game.

What are you talking about? The Los Illuminados Symbols are all over RE4, they are the entirety of what you fight, besides Krauser.

Yes, you go to a tribal village... In the middle of an urban war campaign.

Celebrating their heritage? They are throwing spears while wearing face paint during a war, all that was missing was blackface and nosebones. To protect a bunch of flowers that Umbrella used years ago after umbrella subjugated the tribe?
---
#77MarblesbunbunPosted 1/14/2013 4:36:13 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
m100t1s posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...
m100t1s posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
3/5

The first unpaid score.

My DMC sense is tingling! I think the reviewer is being paid off bro.

3/5 is 6/10. Nobody is paying anyone for a 6/10.

Dude, When my DMC sense is tingling, I'm always right.

How many times have you been wrong now?

WTF is his "DMC SENSE" anyways?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#78HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/14/2013 4:42:27 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Was suppose to be taking a break from this place, but RE5 racism forced me to respond.
For one thing, you were killing honkies in the first 3 RE games, killing Spaniards in RE4, and I imagine you kill other races throughout the first 3 games, RE6, and the spin-offs/side games.
Nobody was saying junk was racist then.
But when you're shooting some brotha's, now it's suddenly racist. They were in Africa (where it was set up prior to be the originator of the virus). Even if Wesker had used his full task force (which he does, I might add), there were bound to be some black folks. There was no way they were going to do a RE game in Africa and you not end up shooting black folks. Shoot, there's no way you're doing a game or movie in Africa and black folks aren't dying.
If you're calling it racist, then you're suffering from a bad case of white guilt.
You were in Africa to stop some supa' zombie virus, some brotha's got in the way, and you shot them. It happens, cause it's AFRICA.
When I was in Spain with Leon trying to find out what was going on, some Spanish got in the way, and I shot them. It happens, cause it's SPAIN.
When I was in Raccoon City and everywhere the early RE games were, some honkies got in the way, and I shot them, cause it's AMERICA.

Now back to beating AC3 and Far Cry 3 before my copy of DmC game gets here.

It's not because they are black, it's because they are a spear throwing facepainted tribal in the middle of CoD: Black Noodle Ops.

It's not like a Bullfighter popped out randomly during RE4, or random gangs of Zombie Shoalin Monks in RE6.

You are aware that spear chuckers still exist right? It's no exaggeration for them to be in Africa nor is it an exaggeration for them to be in such a bad location, cause they generally are in bad locations even in real life. Those spear chuckers generally even end up becoming those mercenary brotha's you had no problem killing. The main difference here in comparison to a bullfighter randomly showing up in RE4 and Monks in RE6 is the fact that they didn't take place in environments where one of those would even likely show up. In RE5 in, around, and away from the Africa savanna, you're likeliness of running into some spear chuckers increases by a good 70%.
---
"I like the way you die, boy" -Django
#79SiLVeR_420Posted 1/14/2013 4:42:46 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the enemies in RE5 say papakoolaid.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#80pyro_buntaPosted 1/14/2013 4:43:31 AM
Dunno.

m100t8s has been switching back and forth between Pro and Anti. If he wants to be like Pes, he needs to:

http://i.imgur.com/J7Mdj.jpg
---
...for Tony Redgrave...