Gamespot Review is Up Now

#31AiddonPosted 1/14/2013 1:49:57 AM
theofficefan99 posted...

Where? I don't see anything.

It's with the Facebook plugin, this is the quote verbatim:

"Don't worry, guys, I'm going to make all the mean comments to myself so you don't have to:

Man, this guy is horrifically unqualified to review a game like DmC. I bet he can't even jump cancel.

DmC is "highly technical" HAHA all u have to do is spam Arbiter to get SSS guize.

What a noob.

This review was so bad it gave me a stroke.

I am going to invent a time machine so I can travel back in time and stop myself from reading this review."

Yeah, he can turn in his journalism card now.
#32nanoviper618Posted 1/14/2013 1:54:46 AM
Orange00 posted...
lol with the "paid off!"

8.0 isn't even that big of a score. All the decent high budget games get something like that. As long as you sugarcoat it enough you're bound to get 8 at the very least.

just face it, this game isn't a flop that some of you were expecting, critics-wise at least..

I don't know about you but a 8/10 is a high score. It basically means "Flaws but otherwise a great game!".
#33KyryloPosted 1/14/2013 1:58:36 AM
nanoviper618 posted...
Orange00 posted...
lol with the "paid off!"

8.0 isn't even that big of a score. All the decent high budget games get something like that. As long as you sugarcoat it enough you're bound to get 8 at the very least.

just face it, this game isn't a flop that some of you were expecting, critics-wise at least..

I don't know about you but a 8/10 is a high score. It basically means "Flaws but otherwise a great game!".

Let's be fair. Without comparing it to DMC it what it deserves for being stand alone game. It barely meets standards for DMC1 or 3. They lost their perfect score. They didn't prove what they should have. IT's a fact. Nothing will change that.
#34Orange00Posted 1/14/2013 2:03:14 AM
nanoviper618 posted...
Orange00 posted...
lol with the "paid off!"

yea it's a good score, but what did you expect. It's been pretty evident for a while now that this will be a decent quality game. Only the most thickheaded anti who have been living in denial and comparing DmC to previous DMCs couldn't see this.

as far as modern games go, this is a good game. Now 8 sounds about right because there doesn't seem to be anything revolutionary here.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#35Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 2:03:59 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Strelok posted...
Wait.
This thing gets a 9.5?

And they rated Human Revolution an 8.5

Yes, this definitely reeks like "Thank you Capcom" to me.

And @ ff94:
No. But websites giving this thing THAT much praise when clearly superior (in every way) games receive a whole point less and the review is filled to the brim with strawmen, yes that is a bought review.
Capcom is very good at this.

Of course they're being paid off.

After the Resident Evil 6 fiasco, of course they're going to start paying off every reviewer.

God forbid people actually like this game. Nope must be paid off. Is that a tin foil hat I see?

It`s a good move from Capcom/NT to pay the reviewers for a good number to later boast about. Whether you believe they did so or not doesn`t matter, the fact remains that since people know that the companies pay them for a good review it means you cannot trust them anymore...unless you simply aren`t very smart, or just don`t care that they are not truthful. Even if you do care about reviewers being truthful, it also doesn`t matter...why? Because they already won. A mediocre game that gets a good review or paid for one has won in many ways.

Also, do consider that we are talking about Capcom here, a company recently known for their underhanded methods of screwing people up.

1- Cancelled everything related to Megaman because they got angry that Megaman`s creator left them, then they proceeded to make fun of it in several ways (poking fun of it in Zero`s quotes in MvC3, adding the worst possible version of MM to SvT, etc)

2- Creates various versions of its games in order to exploit more money out of the original buyers, going so far as to release Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in less than a year from its previous iteration.

3- Intentionally removes content from their games and locks it out in order to later sell it as "downloadable content", going so far as to lock complete characters, combat moves, combat gems, etc from Street Fighter vs Tekken (from which they had to apologize since the fan reaction was, thankfully, an uproar). Also tend to charge 1/3 to 2/3 of the full game for something as cosmetic changes.

4- Ask many of their spokespersons to lie in interviews, sometimes unbeknownst to them and to the point that at least one of them left once he began feeling uncomfortable.

5- Far too many to keep mentioning, if it interests you to be more knowledgeable then I suggest you go and look for them on Google. This is a company were paying other people to lie about their games just seems so...normal, the type of company which you cannot trust.

People aren`t hating on this game because of the "lolz" (some people might be, but not the majority), they are hating on it because they see what`s happening with it and aren`t dumb enough to bend over and let the companies do with them whatever the hell they want. Just because you were given feces to eat and refused to do so doesn`t mean you are a hater or a troll.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#36StrelokPosted 1/14/2013 2:07:47 AM
@ Captain Kid:
Yes people can like it.
But a NINE POINT FIVE OUT OF THEN while giving SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY games a lower score?
Sorry but that smells fishy and the socks where the fishing boats unload is several miles from here.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#37FulvipPosted 1/14/2013 2:07:53 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Strelok posted...
Wait.
This thing gets a 9.5?

And @ ff94:
No. But websites giving this thing THAT much praise when clearly superior (in every way) games receive a whole point less and the review is filled to the brim with strawmen, yes that is a bought review.

After the Resident Evil 6 fiasco, of course they're going to start paying off every reviewer.

God forbid people actually like this game. Nope must be paid off. Is that a tin foil hat I see?

Yes it is. Made of the finest tinfoil. I wore it when I was writing the story and dialog for this game. I will now use the money Capcom gave me to buy 10 times the amount of alcohol I consumed while writing DmC, because that's how I deal with my agoraphobia and the fear that Bill O'Reilly will bite my head off trough my television.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, Borderlands 2, Total War 2
#38Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 2:10:03 AM
Orange00 posted...
nanoviper618 posted...
Orange00 posted...
lol with the "paid off!"

yea it's a good score, but what did you expect. It's been pretty evident for a while now that this will be a decent quality game. Only the most thickheaded anti who have been living in denial and comparing DmC to previous DMCs couldn't see this.

as far as modern games go, this is a good game. Now 8 sounds about right because there doesn't seem to be anything revolutionary here.

Same could be said about the new Hitman...and iirc it got 7 in a few reviews.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#39Capitan_KidPosted 1/14/2013 2:12:19 AM
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Strelok posted...
Wait.
This thing gets a 9.5?

And @ ff94:

It`s a good move from Capcom/NT to pay the reviewers for a good number to later boast about. Whether you believe they did so or not doesn`t matter, the fact remains that since people know that the companies pay them for a good review it means you cannot trust them anymore...unless you simply aren`t very smart, or just don`t care that they are not truthful. Even if you do care about reviewers being truthful, it also doesn`t matter...why? Because they already won. A mediocre game that gets a good review or paid for one has won in many ways.

Also, do consider that we are talking about Capcom here, a company recently known for their underhanded methods of screwing people up.

1- Cancelled everything related to Megaman because they got angry that Megaman`s creator left them, then they proceeded to make fun of it in several ways (poking fun of it in Zero`s quotes in MvC3, adding the worst possible version of MM to SvT, etc)

2- Creates various versions of its games in order to exploit more money out of the original buyers, going so far as to release Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in less than a year from its previous iteration.

3- Intentionally removes content from their games and locks it out in order to later sell it as "downloadable content", going so far as to lock complete characters, combat moves, combat gems, etc from Street Fighter vs Tekken (from which they had to apologize since the fan reaction was, thankfully, an uproar). Also tend to charge 1/3 to 2/3 of the full game for something as cosmetic changes.

4- Ask many of their spokespersons to lie in interviews, sometimes unbeknownst to them and to the point that at least one of them left once he began feeling uncomfortable.

5- Far too many to keep mentioning, if it interests you to be more knowledgeable then I suggest you go and look for them on Google. This is a company were paying other people to lie about their games just seems so...normal, the type of company which you cannot trust.

People aren`t hating on this game because of the "lolz" (some people might be, but not the majority), they are hating on it because they see what`s happening with it and aren`t dumb enough to bend over and let the companies do with them whatever the hell they want. Just because you were given feces to eat and refused to do so doesn`t mean you are a hater or a troll.

All you are spouting is paranoid BS with no facts behind them. Listen, if you do not have evidence to prove that there's some conspiracy to make sure DmC gets good scores then you are making stuff up.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#40finalfantasy94Posted 1/14/2013 2:16:43 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Strelok posted...
Wait.
This thing gets a 9.5?

And @ ff94:

All you are spouting is paranoid BS with no facts behind them. Listen, if you do not have evidence to prove that there's some conspiracy to make sure DmC gets good scores then you are making stuff up.

dude your not going to get a reasonable response. Hes basicly saying if you cant see everyone is paid off then your not smart. I mean that has to be sound logic right.....right?