#41MweepmweepPosted 1/14/2013 2:27:38 AM
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Strelok posted...
Wait.
This thing gets a 9.5?

And they rated Human Revolution an 8.5

Yes, this definitely reeks like "Thank you Capcom" to me.

And @ ff94:
No. But websites giving this thing THAT much praise when clearly superior (in every way) games receive a whole point less and the review is filled to the brim with strawmen, yes that is a bought review.
Capcom is very good at this.

Of course they're being paid off.

After the Resident Evil 6 fiasco, of course they're going to start paying off every reviewer.

God forbid people actually like this game. Nope must be paid off. Is that a tin foil hat I see?

It`s a good move from Capcom/NT to pay the reviewers for a good number to later boast about. Whether you believe they did so or not doesn`t matter, the fact remains that since people know that the companies pay them for a good review it means you cannot trust them anymore...unless you simply aren`t very smart, or just don`t care that they are not truthful. Even if you do care about reviewers being truthful, it also doesn`t matter...why? Because they already won. A mediocre game that gets a good review or paid for one has won in many ways.

Also, do consider that we are talking about Capcom here, a company recently known for their underhanded methods of screwing people up.

1- Cancelled everything related to Megaman because they got angry that Megaman`s creator left them, then they proceeded to make fun of it in several ways (poking fun of it in Zero`s quotes in MvC3, adding the worst possible version of MM to SvT, etc)

Just created a quick crap account because one little thing bothered me about this post and I don't actually have an account here. For your point "1", didn't Inafune himself want that (horrible/hilarious) version of Megaman in the game? I think it was even one of the optional costumes for the canceled Megaman Universe. And I'm not sure if Capcom was canceled all those games because it was "angry" because at the very least that doesn't make any sense from a business prospective. Maybe if they thought those games wouldn't reap in enough revenue or to avoid legal issues...? (Although admittedly Inafune said he gave them permission to continue the serious without him...)

Otherwise, completely agree Capcom's being too obvious about its scrapping for cash though that doesn't necessarily equate them buying out reviews. Haven't played the game myself though, so not sure how valid the current reviews up are and even then to each his own.
#42Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 2:30:08 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
God forbid people actually like this game. Nope must be paid off. Is that a tin foil hat I see?

It`s a good move from Capcom/NT to pay the reviewers for a good number to later boast about. Whether you believe they did so or not doesn`t matter, the fact remains that since people know that the companies pay them for a good review it means you cannot trust them anymore...unless you simply aren`t very smart, or just don`t care that they are not truthful. Even if you do care about reviewers being truthful, it also doesn`t matter...why? Because they already won. A mediocre game that gets a good review or paid for one has won in many ways.

Also, do consider that we are talking about Capcom here, a company recently known for their underhanded methods of screwing people up.

1- Cancelled everything related to Megaman because they got angry that Megaman`s creator left them, then they proceeded to make fun of it in several ways (poking fun of it in Zero`s quotes in MvC3, adding the worst possible version of MM to SvT, etc)

2- Creates various versions of its games in order to exploit more money out of the original buyers, going so far as to release Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in less than a year from its previous iteration.

3- Intentionally removes content from their games and locks it out in order to later sell it as "downloadable content", going so far as to lock complete characters, combat moves, combat gems, etc from Street Fighter vs Tekken (from which they had to apologize since the fan reaction was, thankfully, an uproar). Also tend to charge 1/3 to 2/3 of the full game for something as cosmetic changes.

4- Ask many of their spokespersons to lie in interviews, sometimes unbeknownst to them and to the point that at least one of them left once he began feeling uncomfortable.

5- Far too many to keep mentioning, if it interests you to be more knowledgeable then I suggest you go and look for them on Google. This is a company were paying other people to lie about their games just seems so...normal, the type of company which you cannot trust.

People aren`t hating on this game because of the "lolz" (some people might be, but not the majority), they are hating on it because they see what`s happening with it and aren`t dumb enough to bend over and let the companies do with them whatever the hell they want. Just because you were given feces to eat and refused to do so doesn`t mean you are a hater or a troll.

All you are spouting is paranoid BS with no facts behind them. Listen, if you do not have evidence to prove that there's some conspiracy to make sure DmC gets good scores then you are making stuff up.

That wasn`t smart at all...the exact same logic can be applied to you. Where is you evidence that proves me wrong, because you are just spouting fanatical BS with no facts behind them...try to think next time you make a post.

There is neither a way to prove nor to deny it...and the whole point of my post was to say that it matter not whether it`s true or not, never to state which one was true. Very disappointing that something stated so obviously could not be properly interpreted, maybe next time I have to hold your hand and explain everything kiddy style. I`ll give you a chance, read my post again and tell me, what was it I meant with it?
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#43nanoviper618Posted 1/14/2013 2:30:50 AM
I don't know what to think, but from observations and from people who has the game already, it doesn't really deserve the 8's and 9's more like 7 or 6. The storyline really sucks but apparently is "light-years better than the past game". Sometimes the cursing seemed completely out of place and seemed like they wanted to implement as many as they could and the sex scene was just unnecessary. No real problems with the gameplay but basically taking out the style system and reducing the amount of combos. From what I've seen lock-on is needed but was taken out. This is just IMO.
#44Capitan_KidPosted 1/14/2013 2:34:00 AM
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

2- Creates various versions of its games in order to exploit more money out of the original buyers, going so far as to release Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in less than a year from its previous iteration.

3- Intentionally removes content from their games and locks it out in order to later sell it as "downloadable content", going so far as to lock complete characters, combat moves, combat gems, etc from Street Fighter vs Tekken (from which they had to apologize since the fan reaction was, thankfully, an uproar). Also tend to charge 1/3 to 2/3 of the full game for something as cosmetic changes.

4- Ask many of their spokespersons to lie in interviews, sometimes unbeknownst to them and to the point that at least one of them left once he began feeling uncomfortable.

5- Far too many to keep mentioning, if it interests you to be more knowledgeable then I suggest you go and look for them on Google. This is a company were paying other people to lie about their games just seems so...normal, the type of company which you cannot trust.

People aren`t hating on this game because of the "lolz" (some people might be, but not the majority), they are hating on it because they see what`s happening with it and aren`t dumb enough to bend over and let the companies do with them whatever the hell they want. Just because you were given feces to eat and refused to do so doesn`t mean you are a hater or a troll.

All you are spouting is paranoid BS with no facts behind them. Listen, if you do not have evidence to prove that there's some conspiracy to make sure DmC gets good scores then you are making stuff up.

That wasn`t smart at all...the exact same logic can be applied to you. Where is you evidence that proves me wrong, because you are just spouting fanatical BS with no facts behind them...try to think next time you make a post.

There is neither a way to prove nor to deny it...and the whole point of my post was to say that it matter not whether it`s true or not, never to state which one was true. Very disappointing that something stated so obviously could not be properly interpreted, maybe next time I have to hold your hand and explain everything kiddy style. I`ll give you a chance, read my post again and tell me, what was it I meant with it?

Lol. You're the one making accusations. The burden of proof lies on you. All I asked is for you to prove your statements are true. If you have no proof then you shouldn't be blabbering about it like it's fact. This game has polarizing opinions. Stop acting like yours is the only true one.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#45Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 2:34:03 AM
Mweepmweep posted...
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Strelok posted...
Wait.
This thing gets a 9.5?

And they rated Human Revolution an 8.5

Yes, this definitely reeks like "Thank you Capcom" to me.

And @ ff94:
No. But websites giving this thing THAT much praise when clearly superior (in every way) games receive a whole point less and the review is filled to the brim with strawmen, yes that is a bought review.
Capcom is very good at this.

Of course they're being paid off.

After the Resident Evil 6 fiasco, of course they're going to start paying off every reviewer.

Just created a quick crap account because one little thing bothered me about this post and I don't actually have an account here. For your point "1", didn't Inafune himself want that (horrible/hilarious) version of Megaman in the game? I think it was even one of the optional costumes for the canceled Megaman Universe. And I'm not sure if Capcom was canceled all those games because it was "angry" because at the very least that doesn't make any sense from a business prospective. Maybe if they thought those games wouldn't reap in enough revenue or to avoid legal issues...? (Although admittedly Inafune said he gave them permission to continue the serious without him...)

Otherwise, completely agree Capcom's being too obvious about its scrapping for cash though that doesn't necessarily equate them buying out reviews. Haven't played the game myself though, so not sure how valid the current reviews up are and even then to each his own.

Inafune openly stated that he wanted (at the time) to take the rends of the MM games free of charge (I believe it was in a GI article) and work in a sort of partnership because he didn`t have anything against them and wanted to see the game succeed. He was treated kind of badly after offering to work for free and told in a "nice" way to not bother since he no longer worked for Capcom.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#46Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 2:36:57 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Lol. You're the one making accusations. The burden of proof lies on you. All I asked is for you to prove your statements are true. If you have no proof then you shouldn't be blabbering about it like it's fact. This game has polarizing opinions. Stop acting like yours is the only true one.

I made no accusations and stated no opinions on the matter...you still have no idea what I said in my post, do you?
---
#47Capitan_KidPosted 1/14/2013 2:38:36 AM
Backtracking I see.

" The fact remains that since people know that the companies pay them for a good review it means you cannot trust them anymore"

Explain that then. Do you have proof of this? Or is it just more BS your majesty?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#48KyryloPosted 1/14/2013 2:39:56 AM
I believe 8/10 is fair. I would give it 6-7 though.
#49StrelokPosted 1/14/2013 2:42:30 AM
^
Don't even bother man.
These people would deny that ads on a website isn't a form of paying.
They'd argue that the threat of never getting scoops again isn't some form of blackmail.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#50mad_hax_manPosted 1/14/2013 3:00:28 AM
While no one can prove what reviews are bought by companies or have been pressured by the financing side of the website, it doesn't change the fact that the entire culture of VG journalism has been damaged for a while. From the K&L debacle, to the Dorrito incident earlier on this year, to testimony from former reviewers that were asked to give more positive reviews for advertised games.

I know critics aren't always liked by fans in any medium, but the entire culture that surrounds VG journalism makes it hard to give any credibility to their reviews and opinions
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart