Gamespot Review is Up Now

#61Capitan_KidPosted 1/14/2013 11:52:58 AM(edited)
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Backtracking I see.

" The fact remains that since people know that the companies pay them for a good review it means you cannot trust them anymore"

Explain that then. Do you have proof of this? Or is it just more BS your majesty?

Are you serious? How many times do people need to tell you this? In fact, I`m not going to write it again as there are many posts you can read and verify on your own...so I`ll quote one of the most recent ones.

antking61 posted...
I don't expect any politician to have a strong moral fiber.

Ubisoft got caught with AC2. Activision got caught with Kane and Lynch. Dragon Age 2 deserved nothing higher than a 6 and even got as high as a 9. X-Play gave Halo 3 a 5 out of 5 even saying it wasn't great in the review yet they still handed out a perfect score.

Btw Kid...you still don`t know what my post was about. You keep replying like I somehow picked a side, when in reality you picked one for me inside your mind and have since then been replying utter nonsense since my post wasn`t about what you "understood" in the first place. You have the reading comprehension of an amoeba. Thankfully you are named "Kid".

So instead of explaining yourself you resort to childish insults. Funny since you keep calling kid. You need to learn how to argue without being so elitist about it. Also generalizations are not objective evidence.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#62RatedRrangerPosted 1/14/2013 11:55:57 AM
There has been past evidence that reviewers have been paid off but there is no hard evidence to show that any of the reviews for DmC has been paid off.

That being said there is absolutely no evidence that shows they haven't been paid off. It would be unwise to simply fob off any conspiracy theory especially when there's a past of corruption.
---
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh.
#63ZeroSHEARERPosted 1/14/2013 11:58:58 AM
If this game is supposedly paid off for getting 8's and 9's then how much did Skyrim get paid off!? It didn't even work on one console, has lame combat, a weak story and dated visuals....
---
You don't have enough hate............and you know something, you never will.
#64Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 12:24:25 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Tactician_Lord posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Backtracking I see.

" The fact remains that since people know that the companies pay them for a good review it means you cannot trust them anymore"

Explain that then. Do you have proof of this? Or is it just more BS your majesty?

Are you serious? How many times do people need to tell you this? In fact, I`m not going to write it again as there are many posts you can read and verify on your own...so I`ll quote one of the most recent ones.

antking61 posted...
I don't expect any politician to have a strong moral fiber.

Ubisoft got caught with AC2. Activision got caught with Kane and Lynch. Dragon Age 2 deserved nothing higher than a 6 and even got as high as a 9. X-Play gave Halo 3 a 5 out of 5 even saying it wasn't great in the review yet they still handed out a perfect score.

Btw Kid...you still don`t know what my post was about. You keep replying like I somehow picked a side, when in reality you picked one for me inside your mind and have since then been replying utter nonsense since my post wasn`t about what you "understood" in the first place. You have the reading comprehension of an amoeba. Thankfully you are named "Kid".

So instead of explaining yourself you resort to childish insults. Funny since you keep calling kid. You need to learn how to argue without being so elitist about it. Also generalizations are not objective evidence.

No, I told to go back and read it...quite a few times. Even more, I told you that what you understood from it was wrong. I have no need to give you everything in a silver platter, that goes to accustom you to do no work on your own...which you show you already have. There`s also no need to lower oneself to other people`s level, quite the contrary, you should rise to other people`s levels...that`s progress. Unless you are against progress and would rather like to keep diminishing yourself, even if you can`t see how you`re doing it.

Still, another poster was king enough to explain what my post was about to you, so here...in case you miss it.

RatedRranger posted...
There has been past evidence that reviewers have been paid off but there is no hard evidence to show that any of the reviews for DmC has been paid off.

That being said there is absolutely no evidence that shows they haven't been paid off. It would be unwise to simply fob off any conspiracy theory especially when there's a past of corruption.

There, than you RatedRranger for explaining to Kid in baby terms what he wasn`t able to understand in "adult" ones.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#65Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 1/14/2013 12:39:56 PM
^
Don't even bother man.
These people would deny that ads on a website isn't a form of paying.
They'd argue that the threat of never getting scoops again isn't some form of blackmail.

This type of blackmailing may work on small or medium-sized pages, but it doesn't work on corporate giants like CBS. (Gamespot/CNET/Giantbomb) Far too many page impressions to ignore.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#66Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 12:41:05 PM
ZeroSHEARER posted...
If this game is supposedly paid off for getting 8's and 9's then how much did Skyrim get paid off!? It didn't even work on one console, has lame combat, a weak story and dated visuals....

That Skyrim didn`t work on PS3 wasn`t discovered when the reviews came out. In fact, it was discovered later after its release when people saved the game (PS3) and the save file became so big that it no longer worked. As for the rest of your comment...that`s way opinionated and are not even flaws.

Lame combat? All the Elder Scrolls game have had that kind of combat, in fact...Skyrim`s is the best combat an Elder Scrolls game has had. That you didn`t like it is something entirely different.

Weak Story? Many were praising Skyrim`s story for being better than previous tittles. Whereas DmC`s story is essentially being portrayed in reviews as "don`t bother".

Dated Visuals? This is so wrong. Play the game on 360 on a high definition tv or on a PC and say it has dated visuals.

I could have understood if you were of the opinion that Skyrim was overrated, but saying lies and opinions as "flaws" in order to try and get your point across is not helping you.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#67BlackSheepWallsPosted 1/14/2013 1:21:10 PM
Aiddon posted...
The EGM review just BAFFLES me since he says the story is complete junk. Plus the critic makes a complete ass of himself in the comments by playing strawman.

Gametrailers gave it an 8.5. I find it hilarious how they could rate that junk storyline better than DMC4's

DMC4's story was abyssmal. One reason why I will always like DMC1+3 and maybe DmC more. Also DAT BACKTRACKING!
#68omerta07Posted 1/14/2013 1:22:44 PM
i am simply AMAZED that you guys that support this game ( i refuse to use that pro or anti jargon ) even bother to debate with those that dont . learn to know when youve already 'won' guys . a 5 yr old can see how ridiculous and borderline sick these dmc bashers come off so why even engage them ?? its a new day for devil may cry , it has a new beginning , lots of hype and interest , great reviews , and the game officially hits stores tomorrow amid great fanfare . go get the game and enjoy the hell out of it as shall i and just leave the bashers be .