So is this a worthy DMC game, and a worthy action game? [VETS ONLY]

#21GoombaXPosted 1/14/2013 9:33:04 AM
XDecimoX posted...
GoombaX posted...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry

it plays just as fluid and fast as other DMC games, the story is alright, and the levels are pretty neat.

That's just a blatant lie right there.

no its not, how bout you actually play the game
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#22KaijinSurohmPosted 1/14/2013 9:33:10 AM
megamatics posted...
When it's in the bargain bin like Resident Evil 6 then yes. It is not worth the 60 dollars.

Kay.

foxyReyoko
Would like to know how you guys would rank this game compared to the games I listed above. Noobs pls go...

The game itself had the potential to be able to keep up with the rest, but with the limiting 30 FPS, and Dino's inability to not stop after every swing, the action becomes for clucky, and sluggish. The fact that you have a lot of weapon specific enemies kills a lot of actions, as well as options, that you have during combat.

While this game's auto lock on isn't nearly as bad as DMC2's auto lock, it still is pretty horrific when trying to go from one enemy to the next (specially if your focusing just on air units)

The dialog is horrendous, the gameplay is nowhere near normal H&S, and it's pretty weak. When you hit something, you don't feel the satisfaction of nailing something, instead, Dino just gets unbalanced. There's virtually no difference from swinging at the air, vs hitting someone.

The DT in this game is also horrendous. You have to max the gauge out fully, just to beable to run it correctly, or else the time stop will last less then 4 seconds, and generally ends after you finish wailing on the first enemy. (Assuming the auto lock on doesn't give you issues, and causes you to spend the whole time just TRYING to get to the enemy)

And I'm not even going to go into the game's ability to drop down to 10FPS, and get very laggy, rigid, and clunky.

Overall, the level designs were somewhat decent, but after a while, the hyped up neon colors start to get old, fast. it's like someone vomited on the scenery.

Overall? I'm hard pressed to even try and call this an "Average H&S". If you want Average, go play God of War, and yet that game is still better in every area, then DmC: Devil may Cry. This game is literally a child's fan-fic come to life, in looks, feel, and play.

So no, DmC: Devil may Cry, is not a worthy DMC game.
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#23KyryloPosted 1/14/2013 9:35:17 AM
it's good H&S about level of Darksiders (if only AI was better :( ) but it doesn't live up to megamonsters like Bayo/DMC/NG.
#24TaizukuPosted 1/14/2013 9:36:25 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Taizuku posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
Well this settles it..... **** CAPCOM.

Platnium Games = the new Capcom

Who's getting MGS: Rising Revengence??

Platinum would have to make great fighters and survival horrors, and actually sell well to be the new Capcom

Capcom don't do survival horror any more.

It's logical progression. Chris, Leon and all those people couldn't possibly still be scared or even surprised by zombies. It's only natural the game would advance. Platinum has to start making Survival Horror, to get to be new Capcom. Capcom did it all...Platinum must step up to the plate and do it all as well. Only then will the new champion be decided.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#25TaizukuPosted 1/14/2013 9:37:06 AM
Kyrylo posted...
it's good H&S about level of Darksiders (if only AI was better :( ) but it doesn't live up to megamonsters like Bayo/DMC/NG.

Ugh I hated Darksiders with a passion..
---
#26Pesmerga255Posted 1/14/2013 9:38:41 AM
Capcom could always make some new characters instead of constantly reusing Leon and Chris.

I really hope Mikami's "Project Zwei" turns out well, it's supposed to be going back to his Survival Horror roots.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#27hyperknees91Posted 1/14/2013 9:40:31 AM
GoombaX posted...
XDecimoX posted...
GoombaX posted...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry

it plays just as fluid and fast as other DMC games, the story is alright, and the levels are pretty neat.

That's just a blatant lie right there.

no its not, how bout you actually play the game

Fast? Heavens no. It's a decent speed but it's not typical dmc levels.

Fluid? 30 FPS says no.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#28TaizukuPosted 1/14/2013 9:41:14 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Capcom could always make some new characters instead of constantly reusing Leon and Chris.

I really hope Mikami's "Project Zwei" turns out well, it's supposed to be going back to his Survival Horror roots.

Project Zwei's concept art looks pretty good so far.

I mean sure they could make new characters and use them. That worked out so well for DMC amirite? Better yet, that worked out so well for Sheva in RE5.
---
#29KaijinSurohmPosted 1/14/2013 9:42:12 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...

BS! Bring back Billy Coen!
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-08/art/re0-billy-coen2.jpg
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#30DarkJaydragonPosted 1/14/2013 9:42:30 AM
Taizuku posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Taizuku posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
Well this settles it..... **** CAPCOM.

Platnium Games = the new Capcom

Who's getting MGS: Rising Revengence??

Platinum would have to make great fighters and survival horrors, and actually sell well to be the new Capcom

Capcom don't do survival horror any more.

It's logical progression. Chris, Leon and all those people couldn't possibly still be scared or even surprised by zombies. It's only natural the game would advance. Platinum has to start making Survival Horror, to get to be new Capcom. Capcom did it all...Platinum must step up to the plate and do it all as well. Only then will the new champion be decided.

They should make a new RE with Courage the cowardly dog, Shaggy and Scooby Doo to reinstall the fear in the protagonist's.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.