So is this a worthy DMC game, and a worthy action game? [VETS ONLY]

#41Rebel_DantePosted 1/14/2013 9:20:39 AM
XDecimoX posted...
WingZero0782 posted...
Better than DMC 2 and possibly 4 (I need to replay it).

4 had the best combat in the entire series. I dunno why people would call this game better than 4 but worse than 3 in anything other than story, and heck, I think 4's story was better than DmC's.

4's engine was good, but I didn't think the 1 sword / 1 gun combo was enough for a whole game + harder modes. The Red Queen is by far one of the coolest weapons in the series, but it just doesn't stack up to Dante's choice of weaponry, imo. It's a shame they didn't make Dante playable for the whole game upon completion, he had a decent selection but I got so sick of those few backtracking missions.

DMC4 played like a dream and looked amazing. DMC3 just had more to play with.

In comparison, I find DmC to be a lot clunkier and its weapons to be less interesting than DMC3/4. And being forced to use certain weapons vs certain opponents sucks.
#42KyryloPosted 1/14/2013 9:36:39 AM
Taizuku posted...
Kyrylo posted...
it's good H&S about level of Darksiders (if only AI was better :( ) but it doesn't live up to megamonsters like Bayo/DMC/NG.

Ugh I hated Darksiders with a passion..

But it's not bad H&S. Even if you hated it, D2 combo system is about DmC level-
#43TaizukuPosted 1/14/2013 9:39:11 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Taizuku posted...
Kyrylo posted...
it's good H&S about level of Darksiders (if only AI was better :( ) but it doesn't live up to megamonsters like Bayo/DMC/NG.

I haven't played Darksiders two, because Darksiders one was so bad to me. I hated the story, War should've been way cooler (didn't care for the voice actor on him either), why actually fight anything, you can just grab and instantly kill pretty much anything. Dat horse was cool though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#44KaijinSurohmPosted 1/14/2013 9:42:05 AM
XDecimoX posted...

Um, dude, wrong guy. I'm the one who said that it playing just as fluid or fast as a previous DMC is a lie.

Sorry, comment was direct at Goomba. Lol.
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#45KyryloPosted 1/14/2013 9:42:20 AM
Taizuku posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Taizuku posted...
Kyrylo posted...

I haven't played Darksiders two, because Darksiders one was so bad to me. I hated the story, War should've been way cooler (didn't care for the voice actor on him either), why actually fight anything, you can just grab and instantly kill pretty much anything. Dat horse was cool though.

I liked Darksiders. It kind went down because I played it directly after Bayo, but I bough it after an year and enjoyed it very much. Also D2 has something only Bayo done before: Mix combos from different weapons.
#46XDecimoXPosted 1/14/2013 9:42:31 AM
Taizuku posted...
XDecimoX posted...
GoombaX posted...
XDecimoX posted...
GoombaX posted...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry

it plays just as fluid and fast as other DMC games, the story is alright, and the levels are pretty neat.

That's just a blatant lie right there.

no its not, how bout you actually play the game

Played the demo, and that's all I need to judge gameplay, especially considering the wealth of weapons they give you. So I stand by my previous statement.

That's your opinion brudda, your inaccurate opinion, but it's yours so it don't matta.

Didn't see this until now, but I gotta say, calling someone out for having an "inaccurate opinion" takes a lot of ignorance. I believe someone was chewed out of a thread for that today already.
---
PSN - NeroTheDB
#47gilv3rPosted 1/14/2013 9:47:13 AM
GoombaX posted...
XDecimoX posted...
GoombaX posted...

it plays just as fluid and fast as other DMC games, the story is alright, and the levels are pretty neat.

How about you actually play the past games before making such outlandish claims.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsuGB3S92Q

Combat is just as fast and fluid huh? Sorry to own you so hard bro.

Next time you want to lie try bending the truth instead of claiming the exact opposite of the truth.
---
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us
#48GoombaXPosted 1/14/2013 9:49:48 AM
gilv3r posted...
GoombaX posted...
XDecimoX posted...
GoombaX posted...

How about you actually play the past games before making such outlandish claims.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsuGB3S92Q

Combat is just as fast and fluid huh? Sorry to own you so hard bro.

Next time you want to lie try bending the truth instead of claiming the exact opposite of the truth.

i have, i own 3 copies of each game cept 4 which i only own 1 of.
so yea you point is invalid, DmC plays just as smooth as the others specially when you start to unlock the full moveset
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#49SirenaLoreleyPosted 1/14/2013 9:57:11 AM
Quite decent as an action game by itself. Not a worthy DevilMayCry game, at all.
My main issue: the gameplay in general.
Second issue: lame, unoriginal story and poor dialogue.

Final word: Not worth buying. Rent it first.
---
**I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose Free Will**
#50KaijinSurohmPosted 1/14/2013 9:59:11 AM
GoombaX posted...

i have, i own 3 copies of each game cept 4 which i only own 1 of.
so yea you point is invalid, DmC plays just as smooth as the others specially when you start to unlock the full moveset

I wonder what it's like to live a delusional life. That, or just the inability to actually see detail. I have a strong feeling that if I couldn't easily see the difference between 10 FPS, and 60FP, (actually, i can see the difference between 55FPS and 60FPS, to be honest) that I'd beable to kinda enjoy this game. Because I can see every flaw in this "game", how it doesn't work, and why weak it really is to the other DMC games.

Maybe when you graduate middle school and the grey material actually starts developing, then you'll be able to start seeing the clear differences. but until then, go ahead and enjoy your game. Because in 10 years time, you'll look back and go: "Was I high?"
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*