So is this a worthy DMC game, and a worthy action game? [VETS ONLY]

#51TaizukuPosted 1/14/2013 10:01:10 AM
XDecimoX posted...

Didn't see this until now, but I gotta say, calling someone out for having an "inaccurate opinion" takes a lot of ignorance. I believe someone was chewed out of a thread for that today already.

Not really. Only playing the demo gives an inaccurate opinion. You wouldn't have a valid opinion on a movie if you only saw the trailer.

Just because the demo is enough for a personal opinion, that doesn't mean it's enough to have an accurate one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#52GoombaXPosted 1/14/2013 10:02:47 AM
KaijinSurohm posted...
GoombaX posted...

i have, i own 3 copies of each game cept 4 which i only own 1 of.
so yea you point is invalid, DmC plays just as smooth as the others specially when you start to unlock the full moveset

I wonder what it's like to live a delusional life. That, or just the inability to actually see detail. I have a strong feeling that if I couldn't easily see the difference between 10 FPS, and 60FP, (actually, i can see the difference between 55FPS and 60FPS, to be honest) that I'd beable to kinda enjoy this game. Because I can see every flaw in this "game", how it doesn't work, and why weak it really is to the other DMC games.

Maybe when you graduate middle school and the grey material actually starts developing, then you'll be able to start seeing the clear differences. but until then, go ahead and enjoy your game. Because in 10 years time, you'll look back and go: "Was I high?"

the frame rates dont bother, mainly because i grew up playing the nintendo, doesnt change the fact the game plays as smooth as others, only kids are getting angry about the fps.
So tell me are you a kid thats more worried about fps than gameplay? IF you are you have a lot of growing up to do.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#53gilv3rPosted 1/14/2013 10:03:40 AM
GoombaX posted...
gilv3r posted...
GoombaX posted...
XDecimoX posted...
GoombaX posted...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry

it plays just as fluid and fast as other DMC games, the story is alright, and the levels are pretty neat.

That's just a blatant lie right there.

no its not, how bout you actually play the game

How about you actually play the past games before making such outlandish claims.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsuGB3S92Q

Combat is just as fast and fluid huh? Sorry to own you so hard bro.

Next time you want to lie try bending the truth instead of claiming the exact opposite of the truth.

i have, i own 3 copies of each game cept 4 which i only own 1 of.
so yea you point is invalid, DmC plays just as smooth as the others specially when you start to unlock the full moveset

The pride is strong with this one. Would you like me to procure more videos proving your ignorance?
---
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us
#54GoombaXPosted 1/14/2013 10:14:02 AM(edited)
how about you procure the game and play it for yourself, until then your an ignorant troll who has no idea what he is talking about.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#55gilv3rPosted 1/14/2013 10:05:58 AM
GoombaX posted...
how about you procure the game and play it for yourself, until your an ignorant troll who has no idea what he is talking about.

How would playing the game long enough turn me into a troll?
---
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us
#56KaijinSurohmPosted 1/14/2013 10:14:44 AM
GoombaX posted...

the frame rates dont bother, mainly because i grew up playing the nintendo, doesnt change the fact the game plays as smooth as others, only kids are getting angry about the fps.
So tell me are you a kid thats more worried about fps than gameplay? IF you are you have a lot of growing up to do.

I stand by my opinion, lol.

DMC is a game that is designed around HIGH FRAMES PER SECOND. It's a high adrenaline combo system that involves linking together attacks, and using abilities that revolve around frame-perfect rythem to be able to pull off very advanced techniques, dodges, and blocks.

So the DMC FPS, is actually apart of the gameplay.

I'm unable to find the link at this time, but there are interviews about the DMC crew explaining how the game requires 60 FPS to actually run correctly.

DmC is a great example as to why it needs to stay at 60FPS.

If you're at 30 FPS, you can no longer pull off sharp moves, or time attacks correctly. It becomes even more apparent when the FPS starts to take a dip, when more enemies are there, and when bigger enemies are on screen. When that starts happening, you lose the ability to dodge or counter when you need to. Hell, you can tell Demon Dodge was designed to be a "Frame Perfect" move, but with the limits of the UE3 engine, they had to drastically open the timing window on the move, to making it so you can pull off a perfect demon dodge almost every time, without effort.

If you really did start off with the NES, you'd also know that it depends on the game, and the system involved.

Would you see Mario going through a H&S, doing dodges, and using guns to blast enemies? No, he's in a platform game, using a system that doesn't require 60 FPS for split second movement.

Mortal Kombat is another example that can be used. That was a low FPS game, sure, but based off it's engine, it didn't matter. If the person was near you, you knew an attack was coming. You didnt' have to worry about frame perfect moves, because it was a game that was all about guessing, and knowing what the enemy was going to do next.

I do understand what it means to "Not worry about the graphics." hell, Xenogears is my all time fav RPG. I also have some reservations against "Too Good" of graphics, like where Square-Enix admitted they had to cut out over half of the story, gameplay, and character growth development, because the blew most of their budget on the graphics.

As long as the gameplay is fun, (and the story doesn't make me cry blood), then I dont' have an issue. But if the gameplay does not match the engine, and it suffers because a developer is too arrogant to use an engine that works, then I have an issue.

You don't use hammers to paint pictures, so stop trying to hammer in nails with a paint brush, and saying there's no problem.
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#57darkdragon_9600Posted 1/14/2013 10:17:38 AM
XDecimoX posted...

Didn't see this until now, but I gotta say, calling someone out for having an "inaccurate opinion" takes a lot of ignorance. I believe someone was chewed out of a thread for that today already.

Not really. Only playing the demo gives an inaccurate opinion. You wouldn't have a valid opinion on a movie if you only saw the trailer.

Just because the demo is enough for a personal opinion, that doesn't mean it's enough to have an accurate one.

So, playing a part of the game isn't enough for me to see it's shallower and slower than before?

K

TC, no, the game doesn't really know if it's DMC or not, with "cinematic action" during the boss fights, making it feel like a crappy GoW at times, forcing you to interact with a downed boss to finish him off, or start the next part of the fight.

It's pretty slower, if you don't think so, compare the speeds when Donte uses Angel Lift to Nero pulling himself up in DMC4. And in DmC, you'll be doing that a lot more.

The game lacks soul, not being as fluid as DMC, nor being crazy like Bayo, not being brutal like GoW, or technical like NG. It's decent at best.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#58RayconPosted 1/14/2013 10:24:59 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Capcom could always make some new characters instead of constantly reusing Leon and Chris.

AGREED.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#59hyjinx17Posted 1/14/2013 11:44:29 AM
No, Yes(action wise atleast. Donte is still a whiny little ***** and the story is childish). Played all DMC games so I guess I'm a vet.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#60stargazer1981Posted 1/14/2013 11:59:20 AM
All I'm getting from this thread is further validation that I'll love this game.

Not being a fighting game junkie, knowing the intricate details of move inputs and buffering and jump canceling, blah blah blah, and playing it on its own merits, it's a FUN GAME.

I only get hardcore with RPGs, shooters, tactical strategy, adventure titles, and my significant other. My action games just need to be fun and engaging.

That being said, Ninja Gaiden Black is the best action game of all time.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi