So is this a worthy DMC game, and a worthy action game? [VETS ONLY]

#81KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/14/2013 3:44:59 PM
ablerider posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
My boys from DMC1, DMC3, DMC4 and Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden... basically all my hardcore action game fans, how does DmC compare to the rest?

I have my doubts about this one because I don't trust Capcom anymore, and to be frank I wasn't very impressed with the demo.

Would like to know how you guys would rank this game compared to the games I listed above. Noobs pls go...

I need something to hold me off until our THE Metal Gear Rising Revengence.... king of all action games of 2013!

not really and mgr best 2013 action game??? lol no just wait for bayonetta 2

I think Bayo 2 is going to be a 2014 release. I mean, it only just got started at the end of 2012. Hopefully they take their time with it. So as it stands, MGR looks to be the best H&S of 2013.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#82darkdragon_9600Posted 1/14/2013 3:45:09 PM
Funny, most antis seem to agree with the 6-7 range.

BLIND HAAATEEEEZ0RRRRRR!!!!!1111111oneelevenonehundredandeleven1111!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#83Vault_ZeroPosted 1/14/2013 3:47:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#84ableriderPosted 1/14/2013 3:50:48 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
ablerider posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
My boys from DMC1, DMC3, DMC4 and Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden... basically all my hardcore action game fans, how does DmC compare to the rest?

I have my doubts about this one because I don't trust Capcom anymore, and to be frank I wasn't very impressed with the demo.

Would like to know how you guys would rank this game compared to the games I listed above. Noobs pls go...

I need something to hold me off until our THE Metal Gear Rising Revengence.... king of all action games of 2013!

not really and mgr best 2013 action game??? lol no just wait for bayonetta 2

I think Bayo 2 is going to be a 2014 release. I mean, it only just got started at the end of 2012. Hopefully they take their time with it. So as it stands, MGR looks to be the best H&S of 2013.

unfortunately l agree with you if bayo 2 is not released this year
#85Xtreme65Posted 1/14/2013 4:46:50 PM
Played and beat all DMC's on every difficulty. Played a little of Bayonetta, while the combat was good I couldn't get into it for some reason, I don't dismiss that its a great game though. Never played NG at all. Played All the console GoW's and both Darksiders games as well as LoS and Dante's Inferno. Also played Heavenly Sword.

Now I'm only going by the demo of DmC but It think it gives you enough of an idea what the action is going to be like.

The description that someone gave earlier that its a more refined HS with DMC elements thrown into the mix is actually pretty accurate. While HS was an average game, DmC's combat flows MUCH more fluidly but I wouldn't say its as fluid as DMC3 or 4, especially if you have access to turbo mode. I find the fluidity of the combat is more comparable to GoW than anything else which isn't a bad thing, just not DMC. The combat is much deeper than Darksiders, LoS, and DI however and to some degree GoW. Where those games you could get by with button mashing, DmC does require clever use of the controller to do some combos as opposed to "square is weak attack and triangle is strong attack" so it is more technical than most H&S games, however the enemy design and AI is where the game falls short, while games like GoW even though the game had the simple light and heavy attack mechanics enemies could still swarm and destroy you if you weren't careful giving much more of a challenge which is an essential part of H&S's.

So yes it is a good action game. Certainly has its flaws but so does everything else. DMC3 for example had some rather weak enemies (bosses were awesome though).

Now does DmC make a good DMC game? In the case of DMC1 and 2 yes, while 1 had a much better enemy design, you have so much more combat options in DmC. In the case of DMC4, kind of. Again good enemy design but Nero for me gets boring alot quicker than DmC Dante, DMC4 Dante is where that game really shines, unfortunately he is only playable for 7 missions out of 20. As for DMC3......in a way yes.

Now hear me out. DMC3 has some pretty shallow enemies, much like DmC. While the combat is definetely faster in DMC3 there is actually more opportunity for combos in DmC since we have access to all 8 weapons at once while DMC3 you could only have 4 out from the games 10. The styles system also hurts DMC3 a bit in this regard cuz you are forced to pick 1 while in DmC you may not have the style system directly but elements from each style can be found in the already expansive moveset, and most of swordmaster moves are already there (which is the most combo friendly style). So while DMC3 has more moves in total, in DmC having access to everything at once opens up way more possibilities, its the same reason why DMC4 Dante though having less weapons than DMC3 Dante still has more combat possibilities. From the looks of it though DMC3 will far outshine DmC as far as boss fights are concerned.

If your looking for brilliant enemy design.

DMC1>DMC4>DMC3>DmC>DMC2

If your looking for combo variety

DMC4>DmC>DMC3>DMC1>DMC2

Overall combat fluidity

DMC3=DMC4>DmC>DMC1>DMC2

Story

DMC3>DmC>DMC4>DMC1>DMC2 (This is completely subjective however and is just my opiniion)
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#86En Sabah NurPosted 1/14/2013 4:53:56 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
Well this settles it..... **** CAPCOM.

Platnium Games = the new Capcom

Who's getting MGS: Rising Revengence??

Don't be taken in by the trolls. This DmC is a perfectly good game.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, PSABR, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, Darksiders 2, Forza Horizon, Transformers FOC, DOA5, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, MAA