Wow...GameSpot's review..

#31AntonSaidWhatPosted 1/14/2013 2:22:40 PM
Shouldve been a 9/10. Great game, LOVE it.
#32DevilTears604Posted 1/14/2013 2:25:16 PM
agrissa posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
For my money, change is NEVER bad when it comes to trivial entertainment.

LOL come on you're trying too hard now. Anyone actually agree with this guy?

He's right. At the end of the day, it's a video game. No one's going to be losing their life over it.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#33KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/14/2013 2:26:46 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
agrissa posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
For my money, change is NEVER bad when it comes to trivial entertainment.

LOL come on you're trying too hard now. Anyone actually agree with this guy?

He's right. At the end of the day, it's a video game. No one's going to be losing their life over it.

But to say change is NEVER bad? That's the worst hyperbole ever... get it?

But no, it's a huge exaggeration. Change for the sake of change is rarely good in any medium.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#34ZeroSHEARERPosted 1/14/2013 2:27:12 PM
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Lol. Game play is decent for 30fps. It makes casuals feel like they are achieving something cool.

Story is a little intriguing at parts. Limbo Level design is amazing. Weapons are limited but have their functions. Many of the moves pay homage to the moves of the original series.
Drive, Trillion Stab(million stab, same diff.) stinger, Round trip, helmet breaker, high time.

You get free dlc bloody palace (should have been in originally, but it's still free), and if you pre-ordered you get Vergil DLC.

The music isn't terrible. hardcore rock is appropriate for fight scenes. THe swearing isn't that bad. I think I counted 5-8 f-yous. There's things like shi, b****, ass.

Anyway, it's not a revolutionary game by any means, but it's not a POS like
Resident Evil:ORC.

I'd say it deserves a 7.5 or 8/10

I actually don't have any issues wit this post, it's not revolutionary but it is DMC at its heart. May not be the DMC we know but it is a good reboot. Also I know it's 30fps whic isn't ideal but I'm not sure the limbo stuff would have been possible with a steady 60fps. (I'm not a tech head like a lot of you) so I don't entirely know if my point is correct but I do like this game AS WELL as the originals!
---
You don't have enough hate............and you know something, you never will.
#35SandOnMyBootPosted 1/14/2013 3:08:52 PM
Yeah, just like Dragonball Evolution was still Dragon Ball at its heart.
#36The_DjokerPosted 1/14/2013 3:13:24 PM
Seriously this piece of s*** game shouldnt have been made.

you mad bro?
---
http://s19.postimage.org/7kegku1z7/lolkanji.png
#37Malus_X6Posted 1/14/2013 3:18:48 PM
Yeah, just like Dragonball Evolution was still Dragon Ball at its heart.

Did you really have to mention that? I don't need to be reminded of that piece of s***'s existence.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#38En Sabah NurPosted 1/14/2013 3:20:23 PM
Geoboi posted...
All I heard was "BOOO HOOO HOOOOO!" from you...

Not a surprise. That's all he said.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, PSABR, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, Darksiders 2, Forza Horizon, Transformers FOC, DOA5, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, MAA
#39Ether101Posted 1/14/2013 3:24:25 PM
xxterradarkxxx posted...
USMCinfinity posted...
But he never mentioned the story on the "pros".

it seems like what you really have an issue with is this lack luster story, when in fact dmc 4 also had a lack luster story, that left you with questions like this one does.
where did nero get the demon hand? Why is his dt a hybrid of nelo angel and vergils dt? How does he have sparda blood?

The story wasn't the main selling point for DMC4 but it is for DmC. This game story has as many plot holes as the incomplete DMC4 is unacceptable.

Now lets look at you're problems with DMC4.

Nero's arm was explained just not very well. It is a result of being wounded by a demon that was one of the Orders except experiments.

Given that a lot of the experiments the Order were conducting used fragments of Nero Angelo and that Nero's arm is a result of that, one comes to the conclusion that it is a remnant of Vergil.

We knew for most of the game's development cycle that Nero's connection to Dante wasn't going to be explained completely in DMC4.

You even said yourself "if they had finished the dmc4 story i would have given this game a chance." Which makes you sound like a whiny baby.

Why, New Dante is watered down version of Nero. This Dante is Nero knockoff so why didn't they just continue with Nero instead?

I think of DmC as a filler arc for an anime series. Filler arcs tend to occur when anime has caught up to the manga, thus the filler gives the manga author more time to create and continue his story.

Filler arcs happen because of the way Japan T.V. season works. Seasons flow into one another with out break and fillers are what happens when an anime runs out of material to adapted. Fillers tend to be very chaotic and sloppy, with a lot of content either being made up form scratch or disregarding the actual rules of the canon. They also tend to be full of plot holes in and of themselves. Those things combined with their self-contained nature tend to make people look down on them. Calling this game a filler is actually very insulting.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#40shagadelicPosted 1/14/2013 3:28:49 PM
USMCinfinity posted...
So the title says the story is good, yet the story is mentioned in the cons and not the pros.

http://www.gamespot.com/dmc-devil-may-cry/reviews/dmc-devil-may-cry-review-6402276/?tag=Topslot;DmcDevilMayCryReview;DmcDevilMayCryReview

Seriously this piece of s*** game shouldnt have been made.

All I saw in the review was high praise for the game. How did you come away with "this piece of **** game shouldn't have been made"????