Question to pros/antis with sense

#1ss14knightPosted 1/14/2013 12:48:51 PM
What happened when people could simply like a game or dislike a game? Nowadays if you defend something you're somehow wrong, if you hate something, you're somehow wrong. Are people really so stupid these days? Pros that like this game and don't attack those who disagree, good on you. Antis who don't like the game and realize that not everyone has to feel the same, good on you. Why can't we avoid the trivial conflict?

Signed, a pro that thinks this is why gaming isn't considered a serious hobby.
#2DJ_0000Posted 1/14/2013 12:50:23 PM
You're right
#3HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/14/2013 12:52:01 PM
I agree.
I don't feel like this sort of thing would have happened last gen. Last gen was so peaceful in comparison to this one :/
Shoot, GameFAQs was more peaceful last gen in comparison.
---
"I like the way you die, boy" -Django
#4Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/14/2013 12:52:18 PM
ss14knight posted...
What happened when people could simply like a game or dislike a game? Nowadays if you defend something you're somehow wrong, if you hate something, you're somehow wrong. Are people really so stupid these days? Pros that like this game and don't attack those who disagree, good on you. Antis who don't like the game and realize that not everyone has to feel the same, good on you. Why can't we avoid the trivial conflict?

Regardless of what the conflict may be about, there always will be conflict, no matter how trivial, it is something humans do, mainly for attention, which we crave, everyone does, just some more than others.
#5LordMePosted 1/14/2013 12:53:48 PM
I am fine with people liking what they want. But when a franchise, with a large fanbase is suffers a jarring shift, what does everyone expect to happen?

I would not even be here if this was a new I.P, but it is trying to be DMC, but I guess the fans are supposed to just say nothing? We liked the game because of the Japanese feel but they gave it to a racist company who thinks being Japanese is wrong.
#6KaijinSurohmPosted 1/14/2013 12:56:11 PM(edited)
ss14knight posted...

Its not so much as liking and hating the games. I, personally, could care less if you like DmC. That so much isn't even an issue.

The main reason why I'm pressed into fighting against this game: If this game is a hit, the old DMC series will not continue.

If both were to exist, I wouldn't care. I'd have no real reason to fight against it. That, and Ninja Theory's head Tameem is just out to ruin his own game, with his inability to understand PR.
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#7darkdragon_9600Posted 1/14/2013 12:55:17 PM

The conflict begins with bait: A topic saying "Why you like/don't like the game"

Then one person says what he thinks. All hell breaks loose.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#8TaizukuPosted 1/14/2013 12:56:16 PM
I asked this question on this board once. Got flamed to death.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#9Darknessbeast10Posted 1/14/2013 12:57:57 PM
LordMe posted...
I am fine with people liking what they want. But when a franchise, with a large fanbase is suffers a jarring shift, what does everyone expect to happen?

I would not even be here if this was a new I.P, but it is trying to be DMC, but I guess the fans are supposed to just say nothing? We liked the game because of the Japanese feel but they gave it to a racist company who thinks being Japanese is wrong.

Uhh this is the type of post that makes Anti's seem like idiots.

1.) Capcom went to NT themselves and told them to make it a western style game
2.) NT wanted to use old Dante but Capcom said naw.
3.) Don't ever speak without backing up your claims, you sound like an ignorant tool.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#10LordMePosted 1/14/2013 1:02:25 PM(edited)
Darknessbeast10 posted...
LordMe posted...

Uhh this is the type of post that makes Anti's seem like idiots.

1.) Capcom went to NT themselves and told them to make it a western style game
2.) NT wanted to use old Dante but Capcom said naw.
3.) Don't ever speak without backing up your claims, you sound like an ignorant tool.

Capcom didn't tell them to say he is too Japanese. Didn't tell them to say he would get laughed out of a bar...

Capcom told them to change him, this I understand and they are to blame, but NT's PR job is their own, and they are to blame for that.