Question to pros/antis with sense

#31docman864Posted 1/14/2013 2:57:30 PM
people just hit puberty that's why
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#32darkdragon_9600Posted 1/14/2013 2:57:50 PM
read my sig. I fully agree. The reason why gaming is seen as childish is because of the obsessive fighting over dumb stuff.

Whatchu calling dumb?

*fights*
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#33antking61Posted 1/14/2013 3:02:54 PM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
I agree.
I don't feel like this sort of thing would have happened last gen. Last gen was so peaceful in comparison to this one :/
Shoot, GameFAQs was more peaceful last gen in comparison.

They didn't try to turn Dante in Douche-bag Bieber last gen.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#34Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 3:03:32 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
darkdragon_9600 posted...
Wasn't the hair an issue because Donte had the same haircut as Tameem? Doing that cutscene with this new model is dumb and some might really find it insulting.

If I recall correctly, people were put off that his hair was black, THEN they noticed the haircut was HORRENDOUS. After that, people connected the dots, and realized he looked near identical to Tameem (before the model cleanup). Now he minorly resembles Tameem.

This was before the E3 demo was shown. It was downhill from there.

You know what`s even worse? He said the old Dante was no longer cool...then he initially based Donte`s appearance on his own, quite a large ego right there. He essentially said, old Dante isn`t cool, I AM!
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#35DevilTears604Posted 1/14/2013 3:05:15 PM
Honestly, old Dante wasn't really that cool to begin with.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#36darkdragon_9600Posted 1/14/2013 3:05:42 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
darkdragon_9600 posted...
Wasn't the hair an issue because Donte had the same haircut as Tameem? Doing that cutscene with this new model is dumb and some might really find it insulting.

If I recall correctly, people were put off that his hair was black, THEN they noticed the haircut was HORRENDOUS. After that, people connected the dots, and realized he looked near identical to Tameem (before the model cleanup). Now he minorly resembles Tameem.

This was before the E3 demo was shown. It was downhill from there.

You know what`s even worse? He said the old Dante was no longer cool...then he initially based Donte`s appearance on his own, quite a large ego right there. He essentially said, old Dante isn`t cool, I AM!

Heh, true. The punk rocker look is also dumb. Punk died for a reason, most of them were phony.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#37Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 3:15:50 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
Honestly, old Dante wasn't really that cool to begin with.

Perhaps, depends on your perception of cool. To me, the old Dante looked like someone I would never mess with...the new Dante looks like someone I`d like to bully just to see him cry.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#38Von23Posted 1/14/2013 3:36:30 PM(edited)
Take a well recieved series dumb down the combat and change characters for the worse and make the story teenage garbage.

And we are supposed to accept this? The new mentality of some gamers is stupid. Next Gen is sure to be a lolfest.
---
" Actually maybe they could call it God of War: MMST, which would stand for "Mash Square Square Triangle".- Council of Rage
#39Dark_EpathyPosted 1/14/2013 3:50:52 PM
Well, this generation has seen things become streamlined. The purists--and that's an apt word, even if it seems derogatory--are going to resist it. For good and for bad.

What gets me is that this is a video game. It's one thing to care about it, but I feel it's another to care so much. Why can't we divorce ourselves from the rage and realize how absurd we can be?
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#40Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 4:09:03 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Well, this generation has seen things become streamlined. The purists--and that's an apt word, even if it seems derogatory--are going to resist it. For good and for bad.

What gets me is that this is a video game. It's one thing to care about it, but I feel it's another to care so much. Why can't we divorce ourselves from the rage and realize how absurd we can be?

Certain complaints are legit though. Enemies attacks being so slow that you barely get hit...difficulty being practically nonexistent, the ending and Donte`s almost pathological need to not have anyone ruling anywhere (aka, "Anarchy rules!"), etc. There are many complaints some people bring up that are legit in all aspects and that for some reason many others simply ignore. So I, personally see the raging fans to be in the right...at least on those points I mentioned.
---