I don't understand the hate for this game.

#31StrelokPosted 1/14/2013 5:08:37 PM
I can't begin the number of times I've posted that the "dialogue" is absolutely atrocious, so no. I do not love it.
In fact I consider it the absolute worst dialogue in the entire franchise and this INCLUDES the Light scene.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#32Tactician_LordPosted 1/14/2013 5:12:55 PM
LowFatSardine posted...
I've been watching a walktrhough and I'm just up to where Lilith was defeated.

I'm a fan of the series, and I'm loving this one so far.

I really don't understand why this game is being bashed on. It's amazing; the gameplay and the story, the scenery. It's getting good reviews because it's a good game. The only reason I can come up with why this game is being hated is because Dante's hair isn't white. I don't understand why it's being bashed on because of that... It's a prequel, isn't it? So after this game, his hair would be white 24/7, right? Reviews are good because they're being paid for... That's just an excuse for blind hate.

It has some issues.

http://monstervine.com/2013/01/hey-ninja-theory-we-care-about-dmcs-gameplay/

Also, most reviews say 6-7 but score it 8-9...that`s more than fishy. Saying something sucks in the review and then stating its great on the score makes no sense.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#33FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/14/2013 5:13:01 PM
Strelok posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3nEEJ8XsWo

Here. The f***ing video.
Enjoy, from motherf***ing August 2011.
Now SHUT YOU GODDAMNED PIEHOLE ABOUT THE F***ING APPEARANCE!

I don't get why people still bring up the 30 FPS thing and Bayonetta as an example. I have Bayonetta on PS3, it plays fine, i don't get what the problem is. Maybe that's a good thing
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#34HappyUnicorn101Posted 1/14/2013 5:14:18 PM
Strelok posted...

Here. The f***ing video.

What the hell? I didn't watch and I will not watch your stupid video but I am soley looking at this post and your previous one.....

DAT RAGE!!! LMFAO!!
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#35StrelokPosted 1/14/2013 5:14:51 PM
Bayo is a terrible port.
Watch the 360 version and the PS3 version back to back.

The PS3 version is VERY CLEARLY choppier and laggier and isn't as detailed.
The difference is extremely evident.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#36sundet84Posted 1/14/2013 5:15:13 PM
Strelok posted...

Here. The f***ing video.

Ok i admit i watch youre video. And ???????????? You cant see that the combat looks like DMC. REALLY. And you expect people to listen to you instead of the 7-10 good reviews from well known sites-magasines lol
#37Eric_Draven3Posted 1/14/2013 5:16:59 PM
Watching a walkthrough of this "game" now. Skipping all the gameplay because honestly it puts me to sleep. Pretty much just watching all the cutscenes.

The dialouge is pretty awful, but we all knew that from before the demo.
The changes from the original story are just laughable.

Sparda isn't even the LDK in this, he's just a demon that made babies with an angel.

And I'm still laughing at the fact that Donte and Virgil are twins that look nothing alike.

The hate stems from us the old fans of the series never getting a true sequel because of this terrible unnecessary reboot which was only made to bring in the CoD crowd.
---
Currently playing - SSFIV(main Gouki), B:AA, Dmc3
PSN - Deadpool__Merc
#38FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/14/2013 5:17:27 PM
Strelok posted...
Bayo is a terrible port.
Watch the 360 version and the PS3 version back to back.

The PS3 version is VERY CLEARLY choppier and laggier and isn't as detailed.
The difference is extremely evident.

Played both, i have it on PS3, played the demo on 360. Still fun no matter what
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#39samuraigundamPosted 1/14/2013 5:23:42 PM
goodlyoak posted...
thesacknator posted...
I like how you blindly nuthug. Sessler pointed out the flaws in the game which the Big Time reviewers seem to have missed

Or what Sessler thinks is a flaw might not be a flaw to someone else. Shocking how opinions work.

I trust Sesslers opinion more than most. Do you have a link to his review? I haven't been able to track him down on television, sinse his G4 departure.

I'm sure this game plays well enough, and I do plan on a future purpose, but my biggest complaint has to do with rebooting the story, without having finished the original timelines story. I also have an issue with reviewers who praise this game and knock the old series, as if they never enjoyed the originals, and this game is the one they always really wanted. In other words, blatant, traitor @$$ kissing. I also know I will most likely miss that peppering of unique Japanese craziness only that culture can provide. British culture seems so standard when it comes to demons, monsters, and gothic stylings in general.
---
My sister wanted to be an actress. She never made it, but she does live in a trailor. So shes an actress, shes just never called to the set. - Mitch Hedberg.
#40Dark_EpathyPosted 1/14/2013 5:30:21 PM
A lot of the hate isn't really for the game. It's for Capcom and Ninja Theory. The game is just a scapegoat.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa