I don't understand the hate for this game.

#41goodlyoakPosted 1/14/2013 6:33:34 PM
antking61 posted...
goodlyoak posted...
Or what Sessler thinks is a flaw might not be a flaw to someone else. Shocking how opinions work.

You are correct. Some people actually LIKE doing a stinger and having their character turn around to attack somebody else and somewhere, some poor schmuck actually enjoys this story.

This has never happen to me, maybe some people just need to aim better.
#42Chaos_MissilePosted 1/14/2013 8:02:07 PM
Eric_Draven3 posted...
And I'm still laughing at the fact that Donte and Virgil are twins that look nothing alike.

Technically.....: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin#Fraternal_.28sororal.2Fdizygotic.29_twins
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#43SandOnMyBootPosted 1/14/2013 8:19:44 PM
So, after all the topics, all the posts, all the analyses, all the videos, you still don't understand and assume it's about the hair? His hair turns white at the end and his alt costumes have white hair, and people still hate him. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FREAKING HAIR, OK! Now, I'm going to take the high road and assume you're not a troll, and summarize the reasons for the hate in a way any idiot should be able to understand.

1. The combat is majorly downgraded from the old games. The player has far less control over Dante and far fewer moves to perform. The axe wrecks everything. The guns have also been extremely scaled down in terms of damage. Difficulty and challenge is non-existent.
2. The game is MUCH MUCH slower than the older games. The >30fps framerate is largely to blame for this. As a result, the action has been slowed way down from even the PS2 games.
3. The style ranking requires no skill anymore. It can be maxed in as few as 2 moves, while in the old games it was challenging and rewarding to get an SSS rank. As a result, this game emphasizes button-mashing rather than switching between stylish combos.
4. There are tons of exploitable glitches due to poor design that utterly break the game. These were not present in the old games.
5. The original series was supposed to have fun and "Cuh-razy" action and style with a story that matched this tone, yet was serious when need be. The reboot tries (and fails) to be edgy and gritty with its immature vulgar dialogue and laughable social commentary , despite it being pitched as rivaling the storytelling of film & literature.
6. A beloved character was changed for no reason. Old Dante was clean-cut and sharp & not afraid to poke fun at himself & the situation. New Dante is dirty, sloppy, vulgar, immature, and unbearable, all the while intended to be cool.
7. The new developers have yet to make a hit game, yet a revolutionary franchise was handed off to them, one they clearly have no understanding of or respect for. They directly insulted fans of the old series and the old series in general, and they've put some insults into this game as well.
8. This beloved franchise was rebooted out of nowhere when the previous installment sold significantly higher than any other game in the series.
9. It's getting decent reviews by reviewers who also clearly have little to no knowledge or experience with the old games (based on the way they describe them). The original games created their own sub-genre of action games that just about every hack n slash now follows, something the reviewers have no clue about.

Do you still think it's about the hair?
#44SuperManlyGokuPosted 1/14/2013 8:37:32 PM
Tc, imagine you're life and someone else was playing you. You tell me if you'd want your friends to be upset.
---
Signature (there's always one guy)
#45SuperManlyGokuPosted 1/14/2013 8:38:32 PM
SuperManlyGoku posted...
Tc, imagine in the story of your life, someone else was playing you. You tell me if you'd want your friends to be upset.

---
Signature (there's always one guy)
#46antking61Posted 1/14/2013 8:39:00 PM
goodlyoak posted...
This has never happen to me, maybe some people just need to aim better.

You know auto-lock aims FOR you in this, right?
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#47roadtosalvationPosted 1/14/2013 8:59:39 PM(edited)
SandOnMyBoot posted...
yet a revolutionary franchise was handed off to them

Thanks, I needed a laugh... DMC... "revolutionary." I don't know how a game series that started off as a failed Resident Evil title could be called that...

The series may have become the kingpin of the hack and slash genre over the years but do try and keep in it perspective.
#48abnergoinbigPosted 1/14/2013 9:09:23 PM
Im glad more people are liking the game. Cant wait to pick up my copy tomorrow morning.
#49hyperknees91Posted 1/14/2013 9:14:49 PM
roadtosalvation posted...
SandOnMyBoot posted...

Thanks, I needed a laugh... DMC... "revolutionary." I don't know how a game series that started off as a failed Resident Evil title could be called that...

The series may have become the kingpin of the hack and slash genre over the years but do try and keep in it perspective.

Uh DmC 1 changed how third person action games worked in general. It was a nice template for other companies...dated now but revolutionary for its time.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#50Megiddo_FlarePosted 1/14/2013 9:17:31 PM
roadtosalvation posted...
SandOnMyBoot posted...

http://tinyurl.com/b2vaheu

Nope. Not this time.
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E