You guys realize that if Kamiya was given this game, he'd revert Dante back to

#11HellsControllerPosted 1/14/2013 10:41:37 PM
Personally I love Uncle Dante. It's my favorite version of him. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him, a combination of the two, or even DMC1 Dante himself(as long as you keep Reuben voicing him and get rid of the horrible lines with liiiiiiiiiight!).

That's one of the reasons why I want DmC to fail. So either we get more of that Dante, or at the very least make sure this one doesn't continue.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#12180223Posted 1/14/2013 10:42:53 PM
Whatever Dante that Kamiya makes would definitely be better than the one that we have right now.
#13SlaveBladePosted 1/14/2013 10:43:25 PM
Damien94 posted...
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
I'm okay with it because DMC1 Dante is best Dante

---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#14geekneck99Posted 1/14/2013 10:44:10 PM
I'm okay with it because DMC1 Dante is best Dante

---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
#15DuuuDe14Posted 1/14/2013 10:45:03 PM
Am i the only one who thinks of each iteration of Dante as you know...the same guy?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#16180223Posted 1/14/2013 10:46:23 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Am i the only one who thinks of each iteration of Dante as you know...the same guy?

Because they basically are except at different points in time?

Of course, Dino is a completely different Dante altogether.
#17SlaveBladePosted 1/14/2013 10:47:43 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...

I can't. DMC3 to DMC1, yeah sure I guess it's fine. DMC1 to DMC4 uhhh... WTF? Why's he an idiot now? He was respectable but now he's just a douchnozzle with no one to keep him in check. DMC4 to DMC2 yeah I got nothing. Maybe he realizes he's completely stupid in DMC4 and calms the **** down to the max.

But really, it's developers giving a massive flipped finger to continuity and saying "BANDWAGON"
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#18geekneck99Posted 1/14/2013 10:52:17 PM(edited)

I can sorta see it, but reconciling 2 and 4 with 3 and 1 takes a little too much fan-fiction, you know?

And even then, I still prefer Dante in DMC1 to the others.
---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
#19DuuuDe14Posted 1/14/2013 10:55:24 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

I can't. DMC3 to DMC1, yeah sure I guess it's fine. DMC1 to DMC4 uhhh... WTF? Why's he an idiot now? He was respectable but now he's just a douchnozzle with no one to keep him in check. DMC4 to DMC2 yeah I got nothing. Maybe he realizes he's completely stupid in DMC4 and calms the **** down to the max.

But really, it's developers giving a massive flipped finger to continuity and saying "BANDWAGON"

Dude just avenged his mother. What else he gotta worry about? Lets have some fun! He's still sarcastic. Still serious when he needs to be. Still externally uncaring but has a heart of gold. Its the same guy just in different situations and mind sets. From 3 to 1 to 4 it honestly all seems like realistic character development. 2 is just so far out there with no explanation as to why he's like that so we can ignore that for now.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#20_Final_Phoenix_Posted 1/14/2013 10:56:22 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...

The Dantes (According to my memory) -

DMC1: "Even though you tried to kill me and we only have like 3 scenes together I saved you because you look like my mother and I will fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-"

DMC2: [Upon seeing an orphan trapped in a fire] "..................." [Flips coin arbitrarily as both sides are ****ing heads anyway] ".............There was totally a point to that."

DMC3: "WHERE'S THE PARTY THIS IS ONE HELL OF A PARTY LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED WHAT A PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY"

The Dante in DMC4 was without a doubt, the best. No doubt closer to his third iteration, but just better all around. Hell, you can even tell before he even says a single word in the game.
---
PSN: xero93