You guys realize that if Kamiya was given this game, he'd revert Dante back to

#21KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/14/2013 11:57:13 PM
I can see 1,3, and 4, but not 2... yet.

In DMC3, we get Dante who is rash and hotheaded. He's just a kid with demon powers, of course he's gonna be like that. DMC1 Dante reflects that a little, but it's almost like DMC3 Dante going into serious mode. Hell, this is the big bad, the toughest demon. He needs to focus and he's not playing around as much. DMC4 rolls around, Dante defeated the big bad so he goes back to being a goofball. He knows he's tough enough, half the stuff that happens in the game doesn't even hold a candle to him, so no serious mode. He's able to be a bit more carefree with Mundus out of the way. Dante resolved some issues, so he really just becomes laid back.

DMC2 is the one I can't link. I'd love a game after DMC4 to explain it. Hell, the only thing that could change him that drastically would be some immense tragedy. My theory would be that Nero was killed due to Dante's carelessness or something, hence his no nonsense attitude in DMC2. He doesn't want anyone to die because of him again, so he stops playing around.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#22SlaveBladePosted 1/14/2013 11:57:29 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Am i the only one who thinks of each iteration of Dante as you know...the same guy?

I can't. DMC3 to DMC1, yeah sure I guess it's fine. DMC1 to DMC4 uhhh... WTF? Why's he an idiot now? He was respectable but now he's just a douchnozzle with no one to keep him in check. DMC4 to DMC2 yeah I got nothing. Maybe he realizes he's completely stupid in DMC4 and calms the **** down to the max.

But really, it's developers giving a massive flipped finger to continuity and saying "BANDWAGON"

Dude just avenged his mother. What else he gotta worry about? Lets have some fun! He's still sarcastic. Still serious when he needs to be. Still externally uncaring but has a heart of gold. Its the same guy just in different situations and mind sets. From 3 to 1 to 4 it honestly all seems like realistic character development. 2 is just so far out there with no explanation as to why he's like that so we can ignore that for now.

He didn't avenge here, he delayed the inevitable. In Dante's words "When you get back, give my regards to my son, will ya?"

So no, he didn't avenge, there's still a looming threat, the developers just friggin handwaved it in favor of herp derp over the top, check it out he doesn't give 2 ****s about anything.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#23HellsControllerPosted 1/14/2013 11:57:59 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Am i the only one who thinks of each iteration of Dante as you know...the same guy?

I can't. DMC3 to DMC1, yeah sure I guess it's fine. DMC1 to DMC4 uhhh... WTF? Why's he an idiot now? He was respectable but now he's just a douchnozzle with no one to keep him in check. DMC4 to DMC2 yeah I got nothing. Maybe he realizes he's completely stupid in DMC4 and calms the **** down to the max.

But really, it's developers giving a massive flipped finger to continuity and saying "BANDWAGON"

DMC3 to 1 I can see it happening easily. The only thing I can say from DMC1 to 4 is that maybe he feels at peace after defeating the ones responsible for his brother's downfall and mother's death.
He has great friends and just enjoys life? Or he's drunk the entire game.

DMC4 to 2 can easily be explained either by saying that a lot of time passes between the installments and Dante gets much more mature because of something that happened to him. Maybe his carefree attitude gets Lady/Trish/Nero killed and he's all broody.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#24DuuuDe14Posted 1/14/2013 11:58:37 PM
And you ignore my post. Why do i even try.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#25SlaveBladePosted 1/15/2013 12:00:16 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
And you ignore my post. Why do i even try.

I read your post but your first part was a complete boldfaced lie because you don't even ****ing try and just joke around on this board with your gifs all day.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#26DuuuDe14Posted 1/15/2013 12:07:29 AM
Except it wasn't a lie. If Mundus was gonna return then where is he? He's not in DMC2. Which is supposebly so far into the timeline we should just disregard it. Dante's character development from 3 to 4 is completely realistic. Went from brash and selfish. Then when he realized that the situation was serious he got series in return but still kept his smart ass attitude and stylish ways. After defeating Mundus he probably feels relieved and that he can finally just live his life doing what he does best and eating what he loves best. Hence hes more of a goofball and not one to get serious unless the situation calls for it.
---
#27SlaveBladePosted 1/15/2013 12:11:24 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Except it wasn't a lie. If Mundus was gonna return then where is he? He's not in DMC2. Which is supposebly so far into the timeline we should just disregard it. Dante's character development from 3 to 4 is completely realistic. Went from brash and selfish. Then when he realized that the situation was serious he got series in return but still kept his smart ass attitude and stylish ways. After defeating Mundus he probably feels relieved and that he can finally just live his life doing what he does best and eating what he loves best. Hence hes more of a goofball and not one to get serious unless the situation calls for it.

But he didn't defeat Mundus, what the christ dude.

I love how you disregard the story to fit your mythical viewpoint of your beloved Dante.

Story is factually a mess, his characterization suffers heavily for it. the only way you can make sense of it is by retconning events which, get this, is stupid to assume happens as it isn't ****ing happening
---
#28DuuuDe14Posted 1/15/2013 12:13:11 AM
Why are you cursing? I'm giving my opinion as to why i feel Dante has realistic character develment and you're over here stomping around like a spoiled child. Relax.
---
#29KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/15/2013 12:14:04 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

I love how you disregard the story to fit your mythical viewpoint of your beloved Dante.

Story is factually a mess, his characterization suffers heavily for it. the only way you can make sense of it is by retconning events which, get this, is stupid to assume happens as it isn't ****ing happening

Except he did defeat Mundus. Sealing him away is defeating him. What's Dante supposed to do, spend his entire life worried that eventually Mundus might escape? Hell, he beat him once, he can do it again. It makes sense.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#30SlaveBladePosted 1/15/2013 12:17:46 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

Except he did defeat Mundus. Sealing him away is defeating him. What's Dante supposed to do, spend his entire life worried that eventually Mundus might escape? Hell, he beat him once, he can do it again. It makes sense.

He barely made it out last time (and he would have died but deus ex planica) and now Mundus knows better. Clearly it's in Dante's favor... BECAUSE!
---