You guys realize that if Kamiya was given this game, he'd revert Dante back to

#31DuuuDe14Posted 1/15/2013 12:19:14 AM
Well seeing as he gets stronger as gets older and still possesses Sparda...yeah i think he would do just fine. But i guess we'll never know huh?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#32SlaveBladePosted 1/15/2013 12:21:07 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Well seeing as he gets stronger as gets older and still possesses Sparda...yeah i think he would do just fine. But i guess we'll never know huh?

Pretty much.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#33xKontagionxPosted 1/15/2013 12:21:10 AM
*DMC4 releases*

*Fans hate the game*

*Few years later*

*Fans love the game*

/sigh
---
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright
#34KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/15/2013 12:23:09 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Except it wasn't a lie. If Mundus was gonna return then where is he? He's not in DMC2. Which is supposebly so far into the timeline we should just disregard it. Dante's character development from 3 to 4 is completely realistic. Went from brash and selfish. Then when he realized that the situation was serious he got series in return but still kept his smart ass attitude and stylish ways. After defeating Mundus he probably feels relieved and that he can finally just live his life doing what he does best and eating what he loves best. Hence hes more of a goofball and not one to get serious unless the situation calls for it.

But he didn't defeat Mundus, what the christ dude.

I love how you disregard the story to fit your mythical viewpoint of your beloved Dante.

Story is factually a mess, his characterization suffers heavily for it. the only way you can make sense of it is by retconning events which, get this, is stupid to assume happens as it isn't ****ing happening

Except he did defeat Mundus. Sealing him away is defeating him. What's Dante supposed to do, spend his entire life worried that eventually Mundus might escape? Hell, he beat him once, he can do it again. It makes sense.

He barely made it out last time (and he would have died but deus ex planica) and now Mundus knows better. Clearly it's in Dante's favor... BECAUSE!

How is it in Mundus's favor? Dante beat him with strength, this isn't DBZ where Mundus just trains and gets stronger and then he can win. Dante beat him and gets stronger afterwards. Hell, DMC4 Dante probably wouldn't even have a problem with Mundus. See, Dante is constantly getting stronger. Mundus is sealed away and can't increase his power. Dante would wreck him again if he came back. Even if he did, it probably wouldn't be for like another couple centuries, maybe even a few millenia. By then Dante probably won't even be around. So why should he worry about something he won't be alive for? It's like me worrying that a meteor is going to hit Earth in 5000 years. I'll be dead then, why worry?

So yeah, it does make sense. Dante got at least a little bit of closure and he knows he can take the toughest of the tough. Wouldn't you get a little cocky if you defeated the goddamn King of Hell? He was the king, the big bad, the tip of the top and Dante beat him. Of course he's going to be laid back after that.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#35HellsControllerPosted 1/15/2013 12:23:56 AM
Dante becomes more powerful as time goes on.

Still has Sparda.

Most likely won't leave Sparda on the body of someone he met a few hours ago should he need it again.

Yep, if Mundus returns he's screwed. We can also factor in Nero somewhere, and a now Dante-allied Trish.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#36rice_noodlesPosted 1/15/2013 12:27:23 AM
xKontagionx posted...
*DMC4 releases*

*Fans hate the game*

*Few years later*

*Fans love the game*

/sigh

What if I told you, fans isn't one person?
#37KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/15/2013 12:29:11 AM
rice_noodles posted...
xKontagionx posted...
*DMC4 releases*

*Fans hate the game*

*Few years later*

*Fans love the game*

/sigh

What if I told you, fans isn't one person?

^This. I liked DMC4 since it released. Hell, I liked Nero a lot. I didn't mind not playing as Dante. It left me wanting a DMC5 to explain Nero... but then Capcom happened.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#38antking61Posted 1/15/2013 12:30:59 AM
TC, you say this like it's a bad thing and after Bayonetta, I'm not so sure Kamiya wouldn't give Dante his happy go lucky DMC3 and 4 self.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#39flairePosted 1/15/2013 12:31:21 AM
the DMC stories were so shallow i've forgotten what they were even about. I'm hoping the new DMC will be more memorable.

Honestly the first 4 were just an action game slapped on a trash forgettable story. The new one is apparently built to express a story. I hope so. Mashing the combos in every single DMC got old by the time it was finished.

I dug vanquish and bayonetta more than the dmc's. DMC4 was pretty great though. It changed to more god of war'ish with DMC4.
---
So many games......So little time.......
#40SlaveBladePosted 1/15/2013 12:33:13 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Except it wasn't a lie. If Mundus was gonna return then where is he? He's not in DMC2. Which is supposebly so far into the timeline we should just disregard it. Dante's character development from 3 to 4 is completely realistic. Went from brash and selfish. Then when he realized that the situation was serious he got series in return but still kept his smart ass attitude and stylish ways. After defeating Mundus he probably feels relieved and that he can finally just live his life doing what he does best and eating what he loves best. Hence hes more of a goofball and not one to get serious unless the situation calls for it.

But he didn't defeat Mundus, what the christ dude.

I love how you disregard the story to fit your mythical viewpoint of your beloved Dante.

Story is factually a mess, his characterization suffers heavily for it. the only way you can make sense of it is by retconning events which, get this, is stupid to assume happens as it isn't ****ing happening

Except he did defeat Mundus. Sealing him away is defeating him. What's Dante supposed to do, spend his entire life worried that eventually Mundus might escape? Hell, he beat him once, he can do it again. It makes sense.

He barely made it out last time (and he would have died but deus ex planica) and now Mundus knows better. Clearly it's in Dante's favor... BECAUSE!

How is it in Mundus's favor? Dante beat him with strength, this isn't DBZ where Mundus just trains and gets stronger and then he can win. Dante beat him and gets stronger afterwards. Hell, DMC4 Dante probably wouldn't even have a problem with Mundus. See, Dante is constantly getting stronger. Mundus is sealed away and can't increase his power. Dante would wreck him again if he came back. Even if he did, it probably wouldn't be for like another couple centuries, maybe even a few millenia. By then Dante probably won't even be around. So why should he worry about something he won't be alive for? It's like me worrying that a meteor is going to hit Earth in 5000 years. I'll be dead then, why worry?

So yeah, it does make sense. Dante got at least a little bit of closure and he knows he can take the toughest of the tough. Wouldn't you get a little cocky if you defeated the goddamn King of Hell? He was the king, the big bad, the tip of the top and Dante beat him. Of course he's going to be laid back after that.

Um. Dante himself said "give my regards to my son"

Last I checked, Dante wasn't gonna live for, oh, i dunno, millenia.

whatever. I'm going off of what's said in the game, you're going off of mere conjecture. neither one of us has solid facts so I'll just drop it.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~