VG 24/7 - Devil May Cry fans are a crying shame

#141AiddonPosted 1/15/2013 12:20:00 PM
so, typical defense mechanisms on display: name-calling, strawmanning, using voided arguments, and stereotyping. Like someone else said, why resort to INSULTING people instead of trying to convince us that the game has merits? Are journalists just that insecure that their reviews might not be valid? Are they that frustrated that all those hours they committed to trying to defend NT's behavior might have been worth nothing?
#142NeoTStylePosted 1/15/2013 12:26:04 PM
From the same author:

Ever since the Tomb Raider reboot was announced, apparently a re-skinning of a survival horror Crystal Dynamics had been pitching for ages, Ive tried to keep quiet about it. Because it looked ruddy awful to me lacking everything Id loved and appreciated in the series to date, and a total betrayal of a character Id held close to my heart for a substantial portion of my formative years. There. Ive said it. Tomb Raider, from reveal to reveal, has looked like nothing but utter rubbish, and I have been quietly anticipating giving it a critical savaging of such righteous fury that brand manager Karl Stewart will have to put his laptop in the freezer and cry himself to sleep. Im not a very nice person, Im afraid, especially where my games are concerned.

Pot, meet kettle.

Damn, man, that's just unbelievable...

Better get out your doritos and mtn dew, because this is Gaming Journalism in 2013!
#143OrangeSchweesePosted 1/15/2013 12:26:40 PM
^^Nice generalizations there.
#144Chisai73Posted 1/15/2013 12:36:37 PM
Rezzman posted...
From the same author:

Ever since the Tomb Raider reboot was announced, apparently a re-skinning of a survival horror Crystal Dynamics had been pitching for ages, Ive tried to keep quiet about it. Because it looked ruddy awful to me lacking everything Id loved and appreciated in the series to date, and a total betrayal of a character Id held close to my heart for a substantial portion of my formative years. There. Ive said it. Tomb Raider, from reveal to reveal, has looked like nothing but utter rubbish, and I have been quietly anticipating giving it a critical savaging of such righteous fury that brand manager Karl Stewart will have to put his laptop in the freezer and cry himself to sleep. Im not a very nice person, Im afraid, especially where my games are concerned.

Pot, meet kettle.

Do you have a link to the full article? This author's credibility points are hitting negative numbers lol
#145Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/15/2013 12:59:50 PM
Strelok posted...
Gandalf the Istari posted...
If the design wasn't a major issue for a lot of people we wouldn't have multiple threads on multiple boards and youtube channels about the little joke scene with white hair.

This game has given me a huge aversion to this fan base, the behavior has been even worse than FF fans.

Funny: The only people saying that the white hair is a huge issue are either journalists or people in favor of this game.

People against it had other issues like the complete change of character, the insults, the bad gameplay, the lack of DMC feel, the lack of respect for the original franchise, lack of moves, lack of weapons, glitches, hypocrisy, censorship, etc etc etc.

I'd take the time to pull up the multitude of examples of people complaining about exactly what I said, but it would really be a waste of my time and yours because you clearly have an axe to grind.

I'm aware there are legitimate complaints about the game, I don't think I've ever really played something I'd consider "perfect" however, when you have 150 some odd 0-2 metacritic user scores it's pretty obvious that these aren't "rational people" explaining that they have an issue with the 30 fps or lockon or other real objective complaints. They're rabid and angry fans who should be ignored.
#146NewShirePosted 1/15/2013 1:02:46 PM
Great article.
---
Taste the torture that I endure!
#147knuxnolePosted 1/15/2013 1:03:52 PM(edited)
DMC fans are so whiny over this game lol. Really embarrassing for the normal devil may cry fans :(
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#148StrelokPosted 1/15/2013 1:26:13 PM
^
Comments like that make you an embarrassment to the fans of this game.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#149GujinKamiPosted 1/15/2013 1:31:57 PM
The first sentence faults the outrage on the hair color. The article therefore, is a joke.

Quoted for truth.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/op7mvk.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/23j1t9z.gif
#150Pesmerga255Posted 1/15/2013 1:32:46 PM
GujinKami posted...
The first sentence faults the outrage on the hair color. The article therefore, is a joke.

Quoted for truth.

Quoted for truth for truth.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!