VG 24/7 - Devil May Cry fans are a crying shame

#161XVanquisitorPosted 1/15/2013 2:07:05 PM
Spot on!

All the hysterical fanatic reactions, meta bombing and so on are an absolute immature, relational disgrace to the videogaming as an mature medium for entertainment option.

Grow up these feckers, wake up, the game is ACTUALLY good, it's not Dragon Age II poor workmanship, cash cow and so on.

I m loving this reboot, but sure, it's may not appeal to everyone, but HATING, RAGING, just cos hair colour difference? Reboot of the franchise? Delegating Japanese's game icon to Western developer?

Its could indeed go wrong, but there's been many reboot of Juliet and Romeo, heck even SpiderMan in far fewer years between versions!

TWELVE years passed between DmC1 and new one, Capcom may themselves ran out of idea or not confidence DmC5 would be as good a game fan expect?

Open your mind for feck sake!
#162roadtosalvationPosted 1/15/2013 2:09:57 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
never read it but I see they bring up the so-called *cough* "death threats" again, seriously as I said before if you get a death threat what is the most likely thing you do? Call the police or call the press so you brag "OMG! I got a death threat! I am awesome!"?

I measure myself by the death threats I get from people. I expect to be the cause for at least one holy war of some kind by the end of my life. maybe two.

hahaha, loved that : )
#163NeoTStylePosted 1/15/2013 2:11:30 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
knuxnole posted...
It's cringeworthy in general how "DMC fans" are acting. It's like someone killed their family and pooped on their grave. Almost laughable.

lets find something you love, **** all over it, butcher it a little, and then tell you we made it better.

But have you tried it? Maybe it IS better!

Well the demo sure isn't. lol
#164malicemizerfanPosted 1/15/2013 2:12:39 PM
roadtosalvation posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
never read it but I see they bring up the so-called *cough* "death threats" again, seriously as I said before if you get a death threat what is the most likely thing you do? Call the police or call the press so you brag "OMG! I got a death threat! I am awesome!"?

I measure myself by the death threats I get from people. I expect to be the cause for at least one holy war of some kind by the end of my life. maybe two.

hahaha, loved that : )

I was up to 27 death threats by the time I was 16. I also use the same method for playing first person shooters, I'm not doing well unless at least 1/2 the enemy team has decided on grabbing a tank to come and hunt one little sniper on the enemy team.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#165_tanjil_Posted 1/15/2013 2:14:46 PM
meh the article was unfair to the whiners. True people whined about hair but it wasn't the only thing. But the logical stuff people whined about was just people not accepting change.

Like this game is supposed to be NT's version of DMC so if they decided they don't wan't a lock on button that's their choice.

Going with 30 FPS was stupid but not game breaking except for last second dodging. Think of it like this in a game where the combos have tight 1 frame links/cancels, yeah I need my 60 FPS but where they give me all the time in the world to decide my combos then no 30 FPS works as long as it doesn't ruin the environments which for the most part it doesn't.

Might just be me, but aren't people accustomed to bad writing these days? I'm immature enough to laugh at DmC. Though I would have rewritten some stuff, like have Dante claim to have the bigger dick than Vergil or when Dante knocks out the bouncer... to have him actually sign his name instead of F*** YOU

But yeah that link is right, too many people cried over a video game, because that's all it is... a videogame. He just made them sound a lot worse than they are.
#166AiddonPosted 1/15/2013 2:24:17 PM
Chisai73 posted...
Rezzman posted...
From the same author:

Ever since the Tomb Raider reboot was announced, apparently a re-skinning of a survival horror Crystal Dynamics had been pitching for ages, Ive tried to keep quiet about it. Because it looked ruddy awful to me lacking everything Id loved and appreciated in the series to date, and a total betrayal of a character Id held close to my heart for a substantial portion of my formative years. There. Ive said it. Tomb Raider, from reveal to reveal, has looked like nothing but utter rubbish, and I have been quietly anticipating giving it a critical savaging of such righteous fury that brand manager Karl Stewart will have to put his laptop in the freezer and cry himself to sleep. Im not a very nice person, Im afraid, especially where my games are concerned.

Pot, meet kettle.

Do you have a link to the full article? This author's credibility points are hitting negative numbers lol

no kidding, she has the gall to call critics a bunch of whiners and then engages in the same kind of behavior? What the heck is going on?
#167Chisai73Posted 1/15/2013 3:15:48 PM
Aiddon posted...
Chisai73 posted...
Rezzman posted...
From the same author:

Im not a very nice person, Im afraid, especially where my games are concerned.

Pot, meet kettle.

Do you have a link to the full article? This author's credibility points are hitting negative numbers lol

no kidding, she has the gall to call critics a bunch of whiners and then engages in the same kind of behavior? What the heck is going on?

DmC must not be "her game" so that gives her the right to instead insult people and ignore the game's issues lol basically what I got from that statement. Anyone who says anything like this in a review is already admitting a high level of bias. And she says she's not a nice person as if that should even be considered or relevant for a review. I guess in this case it is since she's clearly just being mean and nothing else.
#168Rezzman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:50:45 PM
Chisai73 posted...
Rezzman posted...
From the same author:

Ever since the Tomb Raider reboot was announced, apparently a re-skinning of a survival horror Crystal Dynamics had been pitching for ages, Ive tried to keep quiet about it. Because it looked ruddy awful to me lacking everything Id loved and appreciated in the series to date, and a total betrayal of a character Id held close to my heart for a substantial portion of my formative years. There. Ive said it. Tomb Raider, from reveal to reveal, has looked like nothing but utter rubbish, and I have been quietly anticipating giving it a critical savaging of such righteous fury that brand manager Karl Stewart will have to put his laptop in the freezer and cry himself to sleep. Im not a very nice person, Im afraid, especially where my games are concerned.

Pot, meet kettle.

I'm hours late, but:
http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/05/the-crying-game-its-time-to-talk-tomb-raider/

To be fair she ends up praising the new Tomb Raider title in this preview.
---
-=Rezzy=-
#169syctheweilderPosted 1/15/2013 9:54:02 PM
Chisai73 posted...
Aiddon posted...
Chisai73 posted...
Rezzman posted...
From the same author:

Im not a very nice person, Im afraid, especially where my games are concerned.

Pot, meet kettle.

DmC must not be "her game" so that gives her the right to instead insult people and ignore the game's issues lol basically what I got from that statement. Anyone who says anything like this in a review is already admitting a high level of bias. And she says she's not a nice person as if that should even be considered or relevant for a review. I guess in this case it is since she's clearly just being mean and nothing else.

Well based on the first article, "nice" is definitely not a word any decent person would use to describe this woman.
#170ZeroX91Posted 1/15/2013 9:56:54 PM
*hums*
Simple and Clean
is how you're makin' me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go.

.....God ****in damn it! It's stuck in my head now.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1