#171Dabrikishaw15Posted 1/15/2013 10:25:43 PM
From: syctheweilder | Posted: 1/16/2013 12:54:02 AM | #169
Chisai73 posted...
Aiddon posted...
Chisai73 posted...
Rezzman posted...
From the same author:

Pot, meet kettle.

Do you have a link to the full article? This author's credibility points are hitting negative numbers lol

no kidding, she has the gall to call critics a bunch of whiners and then engages in the same kind of behavior? What the heck is going on?

DmC must not be "her game" so that gives her the right to instead insult people and ignore the game's issues lol basically what I got from that statement. Anyone who says anything like this in a review is already admitting a high level of bias. And she says she's not a nice person as if that should even be considered or relevant for a review. I guess in this case it is since she's clearly just being mean and nothing else.

Well based on the first article, "nice" is definitely not a word any decent person would use to describe this woman.

*whistles* some moral highground she's got, huh?
---
Fact: all fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.
http://i.minus.com/ixGBrDD4hclHn.gif
#172KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/15/2013 10:31:08 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
*hums*
Simple and Clean
is how you're makin' me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go.

.....God ****in damn it! It's stuck in my head now.

Damn, that's still my favorite from KH.

My Sanctuary was pretty good, but Simple and Clean was so memorable for me.

Hell, my kid sister still sings it and she never played KH, she just watched me.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#173AiddonPosted 1/15/2013 10:35:27 PM
Dabrikishaw15 posted...

I have no idea why journalists didn't just keep their mouths shut about this whole debacle. If they hadn't done that, maybe people wouldn't be so ticked off and suspicious about them.
#174MrStarkillerPosted 1/15/2013 10:41:59 PM
You ladies done kissing in here?
#175Chisai73Posted 1/15/2013 11:37:39 PM
Rezzman posted...
I'm hours late, but:
http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/05/the-crying-game-its-time-to-talk-tomb-raider/

To be fair she ends up praising the new Tomb Raider title in this preview.

See that's how a review is written. Even the whole stuff about family Christmas time and what not showed she probably enjoys the nostalgia factor like most people of a series do and even that she hated the trailers until she played it. And then after all that she describes the game, even gave a quote AND a video as reference and went into detail about the new game vs. the old ones. In the DmC review all you see is stereotyping and name calling. To be fair maybe she talks about the game at the end but I couldn't even read that far. And even scrolling down to see user comments I could still see insults and stuff like "grow the ef up."

Really? A review of a game should never be about who is talking about it, it should be about THE GAME. By that it's not even a game review anymore it's just someone b******* about others b*******.

Thanks for the link ^^

Aiddon posted...
Dabrikishaw15 posted...

I have no idea why journalists didn't just keep their mouths shut about this whole debacle. If they hadn't done that, maybe people wouldn't be so ticked off and suspicious about them.

In my opinion I doubt that would have solved anything. It certainly added fuel to the fire but it probably wouldn't look good for all game journalists or even most of them to just ignore the whole situation as if it didn't exist. They just should have handled it better by not throwing around insults at one demographic (the people that dislike it) and should maybe more ignored all the hate and focused on the game. Or instead focused on everyone's behavior as a whole. The "antis, the pros" and Capcom and Ninja Theory, mainly Tameem since he's the one who made himself look stupid to most people. As an adult I can't even begin to fathom why he didn't ignore all the stupid comments and instead focused on the real issues people had. I'm an artist (in name only really) and I don't like being critiqued because it's my style and no one knows how I want the picture to look so I rarely agree with anyone, even the people who like it. But instead of saying "hey go face palm yourself till you bleed", that's really immature at most I just say "okay" or something to that effect. Journalists aren't even supposed to be covering that field in my opinion. Not in bulk like this article where the WHOLE thing is just insults. Well journalists yes but never reviewers. Reviewers should never touch on anything but the game itself. A journalists job kind of is to inform us of what's going on with the game, companies and fans but never to an insulting degree
#176AhrimanTheStillPosted 1/15/2013 11:46:00 PM
The article itself is poorly written. It also still thinks the majority of true fans are made about the hair color of the character. Not at all. We are mad at the dumbed down gameplay , the poorly written story , and unlikable shells of characters for anyone with taste. Good god Dontes voice acting is awful and the story is horrible. The one liners are also not even funny or cheesy just plain bad attempts to be edge and like a typical bad movie.

Wanna know the difference? The bad movie would get bad scores. Why? Because movie critics dont pull punches are actually well educated people worthy of reviewing. If you read half the reviews of the current gen games its just buzzwords and bias. Most of the time not even reviewing a game on a simple merit or con.

DmC is the perfect example of this. Even the people ripping it apart for its story can't see why its gameplay is dumbed down a shell of older DMC games. Ninja Theorys twitter post of thanking a 9/10 review before it was even out made me vomit in my mouth alittle.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#177TirMcDohlPosted 1/16/2013 1:08:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#178SilentS89Posted 1/16/2013 1:09:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#179RichterB17Posted 1/16/2013 1:13:32 AM
_Versa_ posted...
Rezzman posted...
From the same author:

Ever since the Tomb Raider reboot was announced, apparently a re-skinning of a survival horror Crystal Dynamics had been pitching for ages, Ive tried to keep quiet about it. Because it looked ruddy awful to me lacking everything Id loved and appreciated in the series to date, and a total betrayal of a character Id held close to my heart for a substantial portion of my formative years. There. Ive said it. Tomb Raider, from reveal to reveal, has looked like nothing but utter rubbish, and I have been quietly anticipating giving it a critical savaging of such righteous fury that brand manager Karl Stewart will have to put his laptop in the freezer and cry himself to sleep. Im not a very nice person, Im afraid, especially where my games are concerned.

Pot, meet kettle.

Wha......no...I just........can't......

What is this?! WHAT IS THIS?! What is my life? I can't do it, I can't f*****g do it anymore. Look what we're dealing with man! You gotta draw the line somewhere, you gotta draw the line in the f*****g sand dude. You gotta look inside yourself and say "what am I willing to put up with today"? NOT F******G THIS!

Oh My God. That has to be one of the best moments of Game Grumps lol. Anyway, I would comment on this article, but honestly I think everyone in this topic has pretty much covered it. I'm just getting tired of this crap, I'm not even sure if I can take these videogame journalist even with a grain of salt, even for a game I'm looking forward to. What they have done is almost degrading to a person like me whose concerns were always legit.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#180lokithefoolPosted 1/16/2013 1:14:56 AM
Rezzman posted...
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/15/dmc-devil-may-cry-fans-are-a-crying-shame/

Game journalists taking a collective dump on their audience yet again.

Keep it up I think we are getting to them lol.