VG 24/7 - Devil May Cry fans are a crying shame

#191Chisai73Posted 1/16/2013 6:09:29 AM
Windmaster715 posted...
Man but still this chick needs to shut her mouth. Such a hypocrite. Bashing haters when she goes on to hate on Tomb Raider It is ok to hate only when it concerns the games she likes and her female protagonist

She mad because they are doing the same thing they did with Dante? Really? Ok I can see the complain with Dante because he already grew in character in the old series(not that they focused on story at all and it was quick because the type of game). Lara, no. She has always been the badass dungeon explorer. So starting over and giving her a character that could work out very well is the same issue the ones that like this game are making here but she hates it?

She loves the new DmC, when she probably didn't like or did not play the old ones

but she hates Tomb Raider, a reboot of the series she liked?

that part is just lols. Now she will feel the same as the supah haters when the new Tomb Raider blows the old series out of the water. Because it needed one much more than DMC did

That paragraph was kind of taken out of context if you read the whole review. But she's still being hypocritical and hateful in the DmC article.
#192Windmaster715Posted 1/16/2013 6:18:04 AM(edited)
Chisai73 posted...

That paragraph was kind of taken out of context if you read the whole review. But she's still being hypocritical and hateful in the DmC article.

Not really taken out of context. She blatantly says that she hates the new tomb raider ever since its first reveal and it has been making her more mad with every one. same with the DMC fans. she is no better other than the fact she has even less things to complain about

DmC:
New Dante
other new characters
design
Style meter
lower frame rate
Bad acting/bad dialogue
boring bosses
boring weapons
no styles
etc.

all above are subjective and opinionated but those all come up in complaints

only complaints for TR are

TR:
Lara(she is not the uber large boobed female protagonist but a young inexperienced girl)
Gameplay additions(adds survival mechanics to the game. still has the tomb exploring of the old ones)
Possibly Online

I can't sya graphics because Tomb Raider usually had more real looking stuff. and with story and VAing, not much has been showed to really complain about. still all opinionated

there is probably more but not much of TR has been shown lately. and she hasn't really said what is wrong other than she doesn't like it. same thing as with DmC.

only difference is there are more DMC fans but it is still hypocritical on her part to "hate something before they play it. tyr it because its a damn good game and quit whining"
---
Ignore my typos
#193Chisai73Posted 1/16/2013 6:26:40 AM
Windmaster715 posted...
Chisai73 posted...

Not really taken out of context. She blatantly says that she hates the new tomb raider ever since its first reveal and it has been making her more mad with every one. same with the DMC fans. she is no better other than the fact she has even less things to complain about

DmC:
New Dante
other new characters
design
Style meter
lower frame rate
Bad acting/bad dialogue
boring bosses
boring weapons
no styles
etc.

all above are subjective and opinionated but those all come up in complaints

only complaints for TR are

TR:
Lara(she is not the uber large boobed female protagonist but a young inexperienced girl)
Gameplay additions(adds survival mechanics to the game. still has the tomb exploring of the old ones)
Possibly Online

I can't sya graphics because Tomb Raider usually had more real looking stuff. and with story and VAing, not much has been showed to really complain about. still all opinionated

there is probably more but not much of TR has been shown lately. and she hasn't really said what is wrong other than she doesn't like it. same thing as with DmC.

only difference is there are more DMC fans but it is still hypocritical on her part to "hate something before they play it. tyr it because its a damn good game and quit whining"

You misunderstood my point lol if you read the whole review she goes into detail about how she likes the reboot TR. That paragraph alone makes it seem like she just hated it but she makes fair points about what's good and what isn't, saying that she likes it. That paragraph was basically saying" this is what I thought about the trailers" and the rest explains "until I actually played it."

You don't have to take my word for it.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/05/the-crying-game-its-time-to-talk-tomb-raider/
#194KaliestoPosted 1/16/2013 6:26:54 AM
Man I don't care this time she's being hypocritical, that had to be said.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#195Windmaster715Posted 1/16/2013 6:44:01 AM(edited)
Chisai73 posted...

You misunderstood my point lol if you read the whole review she goes into detail about how she likes the reboot TR. That paragraph alone makes it seem like she just hated it but she makes fair points about what's good and what isn't, saying that she likes it. That paragraph was basically saying" this is what I thought about the trailers" and the rest explains "until I actually played it."

I read it. The point of being hypocritical is that she has done the same thing in the past and complained about the same things. The bad part is she fails to realize people had legitimate complaints like she did but in the end they still didn't like it. And because they didn't end up liking it even after the demo, watching playthroughs, and even trying the full game for some, they are pathetic. She has no room to talk as she almost did the same thing.

I played the game and I have a review in the forum saying it was alright. Not bad, but not that great, so I can see what people are complaining about. I can ee where the design is bad for many, I can see bad acting, I can see why they do not like the so called "reinvented system" aside from the death threats, people had eveyr right to not like it like she once hated Tomb Raider. Some people just don't like a game.

And in fact everyone is a hypocrite. Someone who says they never absolutely hated a game to the point they wouldn't even pick it up after all they saw is a liar. Period
---
Ignore my typos
#196Chisai73Posted 1/16/2013 6:49:57 AM
Windmaster715 posted...
Chisai73 posted...

I read it. The point of being hypocritical is that she has done the same thing in the past and complained about the same things. The bad part is she fails to realize people had legitimate complaints like she did but in the end they still didn't like it. And because they didn't end up liking it even after the demo, watching playthroughs, and even trying the full game for some, they are pathetic. She has no room to talk as she almost did the same thing.

I played the game and I have a review in the forum saying it was alright. Not bad, but not that great, so I can see what people are complaining about. I can ee where the design is bad for many, I can see bad acting, I can see why they do not like the so called "reinvented system" aside from the death threats, people had eveyr right to not like it like she once hated Tomb Raider. Some people just don't like a game.

And in fact everyone is a hypocrite. Someone who says they absolutely hated a game to the point they wouldn't even pick it up after all they saw is a liar. Period

Yeah I see what you're saying. Lol I just thought that review was more of an actual review than the DmC one which was the point of my former comments. All in all you're right EVERYONE is or can be a hypocrite. Clearly shown in the review and this whole fiasco anyway. But I can see how people would at least try the demo before deciding if they weren't going to pick up the full game. I don't see them as hypocritical.