VG 24/7 - Devil May Cry fans are a crying shame

#21IAmMC2Posted 1/15/2013 3:27:59 AM
Reviewers are blatantly glossing over the real problems, plugging their fingers in their ears and going "LALALALALALA STOP CRYING ABOUT THE HAIR IT'S A GOOD GAME LALALALALA." I also like how every review is quick to point out that the series "needed something new" and then go on to claim the game still plays like DMC. Contradictions ftw.

Oh and in case any pro trolls come at me, I don't hate DmC's gameplay. Like, at all. I'm just more intelligent than the idiots clinging to Tameem's nutsack.
---
RIP CM Punk's credibility, murdered by The Rock. 2002-2013.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#22KyryloPosted 1/15/2013 3:28:24 AM
Somebody just can't over the fact that it failed to appeal to everyone. Now, go, cry because of that.
#23Rezzman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 3:29:28 AM
dujonepoaprfioa posted...
what a great article, even the haters are getting shunned now by proffesional review sites

Uhhh.... They've been shunning the "haters" since the beginning?

Never mind they've been ignoring legitimate criticisms by throwing the "hair color" ad hominem about at anyone who has anything negative to say about the game.
---
-=Rezzy=-
#24syctheweilderPosted 1/15/2013 3:32:03 AM
So why is it great? Why doesn't anyone want to answer that question?

When your entire marketing campaign is built on tearing down others and using controversy to sell your game rather than the game itself, then the question of the game's quality will of course be in question.

And once the dissenters were given the means to demonstrably prove that this is indeed inferior product, the media resorted to name-calling and peer pressure to push the game.
#25Alom_o_molaPosted 1/15/2013 3:32:43 AM
Kiriyama_06 posted...
Gaming journalism is a joke, even within the industry compared to movie and music critics. They know this, so they desperately try to get some journalist cred while in reality most of the articles are uninformed, juvenile or just there to get page hits. To take any form of 'professional' gaming journalism seriously is laughable.

This a billion times

all I see are sensationalism or articles with little to no thought
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#26KyryloPosted 1/15/2013 3:33:02 AM
syctheweilder posted...
So why is it great? Why doesn't anyone want to answer that question?

When your entire marketing campaign is built on tearing down others and using controversy to sell your game rather than the game itself, then the question of the game's quality will of course be in question.

And once the dissenters were given the means to demonstrably prove that this is indeed inferior product, the media resorted to name-calling and peer pressure to push the game.

amen
#27Dicer7Posted 1/15/2013 3:34:22 AM
Kyrylo posted...
now, really, stop ***** hair argument. It was never theme

Except it was initially. I agree that now pretty much all antis have found actually legitimate issues with DmC but it was there way back when this game was first shown. I was just implying that it's a cheapshot for "journalists" (using this term lightly) to still be clinging on to that aspect of the hate for this game.
#28KiraYamatoDaManPosted 1/15/2013 3:37:09 AM
It's ME3 all over again.

"WAAAAH OUR ARTISTIC INTEGRITY! YOU PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED GAMERS"
---
Currently playing : Monster Hunter 3G ~PSN: AppleDough
#29Trailblazer34Posted 1/15/2013 3:38:42 AM
dujonepoaprfioa posted...
CrimzonHead posted...
Youíve lost it, ďgamersĒ. Iím ashamed to be sharing an arbitrary demographic grouping with such raving imbeciles. Go outside. Get some fresh air. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Grow the **** up. And try DmC: Devil May Cry, because itís a good video game. Remember how you used to like those?

*slow clap*

such a great quote

It isnt. It really really isnt.

We do not have to put up with this crap. I wont stand here pretending that this game is good, because it isnt. It just isnt. Call it whatever you want, just dont call it Devil May Cry, because it isnt. Its juvenile. Its painful to watch. It isnt the game we fell in love with. It is a complete sham.
#30rice_noodlesPosted 1/15/2013 3:40:44 AM
Guess the site really needed traffic.