VG 24/7 - Devil May Cry fans are a crying shame

#41syctheweilderPosted 1/15/2013 3:52:21 AM
Cobra1010 posted...
I think the ***** who wrote the article secretly wants to create a bigger backlash and piss those who dislike the game even more.

Considering that conflict, division, and controversy are the backbone of DmC: Devil May Cry's marketing campaign, that's entirely possible.
#42OmniblitzPosted 1/15/2013 3:56:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43Gen2000Posted 1/15/2013 4:28:08 AM
rice_noodles posted...
Guess the site really needed traffic.

*Nods*
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#44Hales69Posted 1/15/2013 5:13:37 AM
U Metal posted...
It's a brilliant idea to insult your target audience. I'm decisively neutral towards DmC as it seems okay enough, but that entire article is dumb and asinine, and worth firing someone over. Not only is it immature and seemingly written by the ten-year-old trolls that seem to inhabit this place (on both sides, mind you), but our dear writer is missing the point of all of the complaints.

No, m'dear. People that don't like DmC aren't what's wrong with the 'gamers'. It isn't that 'gamers' hate 'artistic freedom'. People legitimately don't like where a game is going, and that's okay. Same for people that do like where this is going. What's wrong with gaming is you, as well as the other raging antis and pros that bash each other's heads because of opinions, you idiotic chuckle****s. You're the reason why 'gamers' have a bad rep. You're the reason that online forums in general have a bad rep.

Debating is good. This childish crap really isn't.

This
---
I have a man crush on Charlie Brooker!
#45TheWhoFanPosted 1/15/2013 5:26:00 AM
This topic has convinced me that this new game is a disgrace, even though I have never played it, nor any other installment of the franchise.

What else do I have to think?
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#46Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/15/2013 5:32:06 AM
If the design wasn't a major issue for a lot of people we wouldn't have multiple threads on multiple boards and youtube channels about the little joke scene with white hair.

This game has given me a huge aversion to this fan base, the behavior has been even worse than FF fans.
#47Hi CPosted 1/15/2013 5:45:39 AM
produner posted...
I'd like to see what will people say when a fanbase for example, like the metal gear fanbase, get their game destroyed by making it into a stereotype action game with no stealth and stupid characters

The joke is THAT IS Metal Gear and after 25 years it's fans still haven't realized it yet. Guess that "Tactical Espionage Action" blurb on the front of the box really proves people will believe anything if you say it enough times.
---
You'll be my John G.
#48cyanide_suicidePosted 1/15/2013 5:50:52 AM
So how long after this game flops until we see these "journalists" do a complete 180 on DmC?
#49Rezzman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 5:56:21 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
If the design wasn't a major issue for a lot of people we wouldn't have multiple threads on multiple boards and youtube channels about the little joke scene with white hair.

This game has given me a huge aversion to this fan base, the behavior has been even worse than FF fans.

Of course the design of Dante was a major issue... But it wasn't the only issue. Many had doubts about picking Ninja Theory as the developer, given their sub-par gameplay track record. Heavenly Sword shipped with 300ms of input lag FFS.

...And you're doing exactly what the editor of this article is doing: lumping all detractors into the same category as the very vocal minority, completely disregarding any legitimate criticisms we may have.
---
-=Rezzy=-
#50StrelokPosted 1/15/2013 5:56:23 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...

Funny: The only people saying that the white hair is a huge issue are either journalists or people in favor of this game.

People against it had other issues like the complete change of character, the insults, the bad gameplay, the lack of DMC feel, the lack of respect for the original franchise, lack of moves, lack of weapons, glitches, hypocrisy, censorship, etc etc etc.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg