VG 24/7 - Devil May Cry fans are a crying shame

#51Hi CPosted 1/15/2013 7:02:25 AM
syctheweilder posted...
So why is it great? Why doesn't anyone want to answer that question?

When your entire marketing campaign is built on tearing down others and using controversy to sell your game rather than the game itself, then the question of the game's quality will of course be in question.

And once the dissenters were given the means to demonstrably prove that this is indeed inferior product, the media resorted to name-calling and peer pressure to push the game.

That's how you can tell your industry has gone commercial and has been corrupted.

People stop listening to concerns and trying to put out something quality and go straight for the damage control, propaganda, character assassination, and blaming the consumer.
---
You'll be my John G.
#52Ether101Posted 1/15/2013 7:03:03 AM
Hi C posted...
produner posted...
I'd like to see what will people say when a fanbase for example, like the metal gear fanbase, get their game destroyed by making it into a stereotype action game with no stealth and stupid characters

The joke is THAT IS Metal Gear and after 25 years it's fans still haven't realized it yet. Guess that "Tactical Espionage Action" blurb on the front of the box really proves people will believe anything if you say it enough times.

Actually a lot of us do realize that which is why we don't like MGS4.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#53GeoboiPosted 1/15/2013 7:03:42 AM
Lmao i enjoyed that article....maybe getting humiliated is the best way to get to these crazy illogical DMC fans.
#54chris_mi9rPosted 1/15/2013 7:11:03 AM
The gamer description is pretty spot on.
---
~Rage quitting since the days of XboxConnect~
#55Deathsword00Posted 1/15/2013 7:12:57 AM
Bahahaha, this topic is great. All you wanna-be-intellectual teenagers and your circle-jerkery make for some good laughs.

It's one thing to dislike a game and make some criticisms about it, but the sheer vitriol filled and childish outcry against this game is another. There are a lot of things wrong with games these days, but don't think for a minute that you clowns are not one of the problems.
---
wut
#56Ubba84Posted 1/15/2013 7:16:43 AM
Great article, I don't feel insulted personally since, well, I don't hate on video games, I just don't play games I don't like.
---
PSN: SaucagedogOelie
Yes I did spell sausage wrong, so sue me :-(
#57Chisai73Posted 1/15/2013 7:21:19 AM
So as someone who has only watched others play DMC games (my brothers, YouTube, etc.) I pretty much only ever had an opinion about the characters and story and I found them enjoyable. And then last year in November I hear about the new DmC and watch the trailers, obviously confused about the new look. Ultimately I didn't care but I found it entertaining to read or watch (reactions) and see what others thought of the change. Mostly funny stuff for me but then game play videos came and interviews with Capcom and Tameem and all this twitter and death threats nonsense started happening...

At first it was all funny (Donte reaction videos and things) but now I'm just. I feel sad. For everyone. People who like DmC, the old fan base, Capcom, Tameem, Kamiya, gaming critics, the gaming industry as a whole really. Mostly because this whole ordeal just isn't good for anyone. Which brings me to my point...

I've been reading gamefaqs boards for about a week in my free time because it can get pretty funny here but figured I wouldn't make an account to chime in. This particular thread however.... After reading this article and seeing constantly everywhere (the reviews, YouTube, here, etc.) how the people who don't like this game are getting treated (the ones that have legitimate claims) I just had to make an account and post this:

It's really sad to see how everyone with legitimate claims are literally just being ignored. I can't even think of a clever example to explain how I'm picturing this whole thing. I basically see a group of people warning others of something, some fact based details some opinionated ones, but the whole world is yelling at them, calling them names, and putting words into their mouth. All the small frys (other gamers) are completely discrediting and the big bosses (Capcom, Tameem, gaming critics) are encouraging them instead of trying to stop it. This article really just infuriated me I couldn't even finish reading after the whole "gamers are this and that and have cheeto dust" that was really bad writing and a perfect example of how people literally are blatantly ignoring legitimate claims just to toss insults and generalizations around as if that's okay to do professionally or not. Reviewer or random gamer. I just can't believe how far this has been taken. I just feel so bad for everyone. This just isn't good people. People really can't be okay with any of this.

And honestly has anyone been able to say why they like the game? I can hardly remember anyone saying what is good about the game. I understand the bad should be addressed too but really quite a few people are really easy to bite back without saying what specifically they liked about it vs. just saying everything is flawless. Most memorable would be Sessler but I've always enjoyed his reviews. I think a fair review should touch on likes and dislikes instead of just one or the other. The number system should be Jackpotted out of existence. And articles like this should never be blatantly insulting.

I'm curious to see how the author would act/reply in a face to face debate. Obviously she was very misinformed and didn't even have enough respect to do the proper research.

XD this is much longer than I expected but just.... this article got me goin'.
#58KyryloPosted 1/15/2013 7:25:09 AM
Chisai73 posted...
So as someone who has only watched others play DMC games (my brothers, YouTube, etc.) I pretty much only ever had an opinion about the characters and story and I found them enjoyable. And then last year in November I hear about the new DmC and watch the trailers, obviously confused about the new look. Ultimately I didn't care but I found it entertaining to read or watch (reactions) and see what others thought of the change. Mostly funny stuff for me but then game play videos came and interviews with Capcom and Tameem and all this twitter and death threats nonsense started happening...

At first it was all funny (Donte reaction videos and things) but now I'm just. I feel sad. For everyone. People who like DmC, the old fan base, Capcom, Tameem, Kamiya, gaming critics, the gaming industry as a whole really. Mostly because this whole ordeal just isn't good for anyone. Which brings me to my point...

I've been reading gamefaqs boards for about a week in my free time because it can get pretty funny here but figured I wouldn't make an account to chime in. This particular thread however.... After reading this article and seeing constantly everywhere (the reviews, YouTube, here, etc.) how the people who don't like this game are getting treated (the ones that have legitimate claims) I just had to make an account and post this:

It's really sad to see how everyone with legitimate claims are literally just being ignored. I can't even think of a clever example to explain how I'm picturing this whole thing. I basically see a group of people warning others of something, some fact based details some opinionated ones, but the whole world is yelling at them, calling them names, and putting words into their mouth. All the small frys (other gamers) are completely discrediting and the big bosses (Capcom, Tameem, gaming critics) are encouraging them instead of trying to stop it. This article really just infuriated me I couldn't even finish reading after the whole "gamers are this and that and have cheeto dust" that was really bad writing and a perfect example of how people literally are blatantly ignoring legitimate claims just to toss insults and generalizations around as if that's okay to do professionally or not. Reviewer or random gamer. I just can't believe how far this has been taken. I just feel so bad for everyone. This just isn't good people. People really can't be okay with any of this.

And honestly has anyone been able to say why they like the game? I can hardly remember anyone saying what is good about the game. I understand the bad should be addressed too but really quite a few people are really easy to bite back without saying what specifically they liked about it vs. just saying everything is flawless. Most memorable would be Sessler but I've always enjoyed his reviews. I think a fair review should touch on likes and dislikes instead of just one or the other. The number system should be Jackpotted out of existence. And articles like this should never be blatantly insulting.

I'm curious to see how the author would act/reply in a face to face debate. Obviously she was very misinformed and didn't even have enough respect to do the proper research.

XD this is much longer than I expected but just.... this article got me goin'.

In honest? Thank you. I'm glad we can have at least some view from the neutral point, so thanks for your long article
#59Black OutPosted 1/15/2013 7:28:24 AM
Dicer7 posted...
It's sad that the legitimate flaws (30 fps, juvenile writing) won't even be acknowledged by a lot major reviewers because of all the hate controversy. I don't like the petty part of the DMC fanbase that whine over a mere hair change either but it's like the gaming media is banning together and loving the game just to spite them.

---
The Official Manchester Black of the C&GN Board
"Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. . . "
#60Mega_SkrullPosted 1/15/2013 7:33:12 AM
U Metal posted...
It's a brilliant idea to insult your target audience. I'm decisively neutral towards DmC as it seems okay enough, but that entire article is dumb and asinine, and worth firing someone over. Not only is it immature and seemingly written by the ten-year-old trolls that seem to inhabit this place (on both sides, mind you), but our dear writer is missing the point of all of the complaints.

No, m'dear. People that don't like DmC aren't what's wrong with the 'gamers'. It isn't that 'gamers' hate 'artistic freedom'. People legitimately don't like where a game is going, and that's okay. Same for people that do like where this is going. What's wrong with gaming is you, as well as the other raging antis and pros that bash each other's heads because of opinions, you idiotic chuckle****s. You're the reason why 'gamers' have a bad rep. You're the reason that online forums in general have a bad rep.

Debating is good. This childish crap really isn't.

This.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/20kxa3c.jpg "=[_]=! Bump some other boobs, will ya?!" - p
"That sounds so perverted, dude. ._." - M