VG 24/7 - Devil May Cry fans are a crying shame

#61Megiddo_FlarePosted 1/15/2013 6:34:56 AM
Chisai73 posted...
So as someone who has only watched others play DMC games (my brothers, YouTube, etc.) I pretty much only ever had an opinion about the characters and story and I found them enjoyable. And then last year in November I hear about the new DmC and watch the trailers, obviously confused about the new look. Ultimately I didn't care but I found it entertaining to read or watch (reactions) and see what others thought of the change. Mostly funny stuff for me but then game play videos came and interviews with Capcom and Tameem and all this twitter and death threats nonsense started happening...

At first it was all funny (Donte reaction videos and things) but now I'm just. I feel sad. For everyone. People who like DmC, the old fan base, Capcom, Tameem, Kamiya, gaming critics, the gaming industry as a whole really. Mostly because this whole ordeal just isn't good for anyone. Which brings me to my point...

I've been reading gamefaqs boards for about a week in my free time because it can get pretty funny here but figured I wouldn't make an account to chime in. This particular thread however.... After reading this article and seeing constantly everywhere (the reviews, YouTube, here, etc.) how the people who don't like this game are getting treated (the ones that have legitimate claims) I just had to make an account and post this:

It's really sad to see how everyone with legitimate claims are literally just being ignored. I can't even think of a clever example to explain how I'm picturing this whole thing. I basically see a group of people warning others of something, some fact based details some opinionated ones, but the whole world is yelling at them, calling them names, and putting words into their mouth. All the small frys (other gamers) are completely discrediting and the big bosses (Capcom, Tameem, gaming critics) are encouraging them instead of trying to stop it. This article really just infuriated me I couldn't even finish reading after the whole "gamers are this and that and have cheeto dust" that was really bad writing and a perfect example of how people literally are blatantly ignoring legitimate claims just to toss insults and generalizations around as if that's okay to do professionally or not. Reviewer or random gamer. I just can't believe how far this has been taken. I just feel so bad for everyone. This just isn't good people. People really can't be okay with any of this.

And honestly has anyone been able to say why they like the game? I can hardly remember anyone saying what is good about the game. I understand the bad should be addressed too but really quite a few people are really easy to bite back without saying what specifically they liked about it vs. just saying everything is flawless. Most memorable would be Sessler but I've always enjoyed his reviews. I think a fair review should touch on likes and dislikes instead of just one or the other. The number system should be Jackpotted out of existence. And articles like this should never be blatantly insulting.

I'm curious to see how the author would act/reply in a face to face debate. Obviously she was very misinformed and didn't even have enough respect to do the proper research.

XD this is much longer than I expected but just.... this article got me goin'.

You have tremendous heart, Chisai. I commend you. Unfortunately, this post will fall on blind eyes. Just know that others do share your viewpoints as well.
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#62ColonelChikenPosted 1/15/2013 6:40:03 AM(edited)
Chisai73 posted...
Lovely post.

There are no words. Thank you very much.
#63DuuuDe14Posted 1/15/2013 6:45:26 AM
Is this what gaming has become?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#64Nisa20Posted 1/15/2013 6:52:11 AM
@ Chisai

While your post is good I must tell you that it isn't just pro's chewing people out. You can't even discuss the game here without the topic being derailed by trolling. And yes people have said why they liked the game here but others chime in and say that reason isn't good enough so why bother? Only recent are pro trolls being more vocal prior to this all I'd see day in and day out is trolling threads and they far more out weighed the ones with legit claims. Fact is NO ONE handled this good. Not Capcom, not the fans, not ninja theory. Blaming people who like the game mainly just isn't right.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#65Chisai73Posted 1/15/2013 6:56:12 AM
Kyrylo posted...
In honest? Thank you. I'm glad we can have at least some view from the neutral point, so thanks for your long article

c: Your appreciation delights me.

Megiddo_Flare posted...

You have tremendous heart, Chisai. I commend you. Unfortunately, this post will fall on blind eyes. Just know that others do share your viewpoints as well.

I know I just had to anyway though.... I just feel like things like this will happen more often because people aren't really getting upset with it the right way. And while I don't play video games nearly as much as I used to I'd still hate to see the gaming industry turn against itself like it seems to with this whole controversy. I even understand too that a company's purpose is to make money but there are just some things you don't do.... Hopefully this whole thing turns into a giant lesson for future gamers and companies alike. Everyone's to blame.
#66Rezzman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 7:00:25 AM(edited)
DuuuDe14 posted...
Is this what gaming has become?

I thought it had already been like this for a few years.
---
-=Rezzy=-
#67KyryloPosted 1/15/2013 7:00:22 AM
Chisai73 posted...
Hopefully this whole thing turns into a giant lesson for future gamers and companies alike. Everyone's to blame.

Hopefully, but I suspect it's only first stone in the huge pile that will come after it. (and I don't talk about dmc, but rather gaming situation now.)
#68Chisai73Posted 1/15/2013 7:10:41 AM
Nisa20 posted...
@ Chisai

While your post is good I must tell you that it isn't just pro's chewing people out. You can't even discuss the game here without the topic being derailed by trolling. And yes people have said why they liked the game here but others chime in and say that reason isn't good enough so why bother? Only recent are pro trolls being more vocal prior to this all I'd see day in and day out is trolling threads and they far more out weighed the ones with legit claims. Fact is NO ONE handled this good. Not Capcom, not the fans, not ninja theory. Blaming people who like the game mainly just isn't right.

Yes I've witnessed a lot of off topic banter which never helped. My pos does seem targeted at the "pros" and I apologize for that. The real problem I have is with the article and ANYONE that ignores other's claims just to toss insults around. And Ninja Theory, Capcom, and a lot of reviews. XD just because they should be more professional about everything.

To be fair there are a lot of "antis" that are quick to tell someone they have zero credibility just because of certain words used or they didn't like certain DMC titles and I absolutely can't stand that. Like I said in my ridiculously long essay I've only been reading gamefaqs for about a week so in that respect I am biased. That last paragraph with the whole "people are quick to bite" was based off of what I've seen here since I haven't been frequenting YouTube comments lately. But I do agree with you everyone is at fault for this whole thing. I just feel bad about it all. I'll be honest I used to want the game to sell bad just to teach the companies a lesson but now I just feel like this game shouldn't exist if it's going to bring out all this hatred in people.
#69Rose_of_MayPosted 1/15/2013 7:20:44 AM
There are a lot of things wrong with the video game industry and journalists that goes beyond DmC.

No one in the media wants to touch the story on how a publisher is getting away with lying to its customers. D3 Publishers localized the PS3 exclusive White Knight Chronicles II but claims that the content release in Japan is "JP Only".

If that were the case then why did hackers discover said content partially translated on both the EU and NA game disc? Why does the Brady Game Guide include the dlc that D3P claims they are unable to bring over because it was made for Japan only? Level-5 has stated that D3P received all rights to the game from SCEJ, so what gives?

Why aren't those in the media holding D3P's feet to the fire on this?

Sorry to derail the thread but all of this just proves to me where a lot of journalists stand in the industry and it's not on the side of the consumers.
#70DarkAdonis123Posted 1/15/2013 7:21:28 AM
So insulting and generalizing the fan base is supposed to make them go out and buy DmC?
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue