VG 24/7 - Devil May Cry fans are a crying shame

#71SolidxSnakePosted 1/15/2013 8:22:10 AM
Phaild posted...
Sure, Kamiya was not on board but Kamiya is just one man and, newsflash: games are made by dozens if not hundreds of people.

And Kamiya hasn't been involved since DMC1.

Why "journalists" never seem do any fact checking whatsoever?

Actually, he was a consultant for DMC3. He helped advise Itsuno and Tanaka on how to correct things from DMC2, and make the game more like DMC1.
---
"You think this letter on my head stands for France!?" - Captain America
#72Chisai73Posted 1/15/2013 8:23:26 AM
I think part of it too is the fact that there are quite a few reads (articles, what have you) around the net that attack or completely ignore the more civil crowd that doesn't like the game and I've read more of those rather than a lot of articles where the people who don't like the game are calling the people who do names and such. But that isn't to say that there aren't articles like that I just haven't seen many around or read as many as the other.

Kyrylo posted...
Chisai73 posted...
Hopefully this whole thing turns into a giant lesson for future gamers and companies alike. Everyone's to blame.

Hopefully, but I suspect it's only first stone in the huge pile that will come after it. (and I don't talk about dmc, but rather gaming situation now.)

Yeah.... I'm not really into Capcom games but my bro told me about the Megaman incident and I was pretty shocked. Also did some research on what happened with ME3 but neither of those escalated to this. At least not what I read. Continued research of other companies doesn't bode well either I'm not sure what's going on lately but the whole gaming community needs to come up with something before this gets any worse. I kinda feel like I've turned my back on everyone, I've been gaming since I was three lol but now I don't even keep up with what companies are doing. So this DmC business is also kinda shocking....
#73kollie89Posted 1/15/2013 8:27:20 AM(edited)
Chisai73 posted...
So as someone who has only watched others play DMC games (my brothers, YouTube, etc.) I pretty much only ever had an opinion about the characters and story and I found them enjoyable. And then last year in November I hear about the new DmC and watch the trailers, obviously confused about the new look. Ultimately I didn't care but I found it entertaining to read or watch (reactions) and see what others thought of the change. Mostly funny stuff for me but then game play videos came and interviews with Capcom and Tameem and all this twitter and death threats nonsense started happening...

At first it was all funny (Donte reaction videos and things) but now I'm just. I feel sad. For everyone. People who like DmC, the old fan base, Capcom, Tameem, Kamiya, gaming critics, the gaming industry as a whole really. Mostly because this whole ordeal just isn't good for anyone. Which brings me to my point...

I've been reading gamefaqs boards for about a week in my free time because it can get pretty funny here but figured I wouldn't make an account to chime in. This particular thread however.... After reading this article and seeing constantly everywhere (the reviews, YouTube, here, etc.) how the people who don't like this game are getting treated (the ones that have legitimate claims) I just had to make an account and post this:

It's really sad to see how everyone with legitimate claims are literally just being ignored. I can't even think of a clever example to explain how I'm picturing this whole thing. I basically see a group of people warning others of something, some fact based details some opinionated ones, but the whole world is yelling at them, calling them names, and putting words into their mouth. All the small frys (other gamers) are completely discrediting and the big bosses (Capcom, Tameem, gaming critics) are encouraging them instead of trying to stop it. This article really just infuriated me I couldn't even finish reading after the whole "gamers are this and that and have cheeto dust" that was really bad writing and a perfect example of how people literally are blatantly ignoring legitimate claims just to toss insults and generalizations around as if that's okay to do professionally or not. Reviewer or random gamer. I just can't believe how far this has been taken. I just feel so bad for everyone. This just isn't good people. People really can't be okay with any of this.

And honestly has anyone been able to say why they like the game? I can hardly remember anyone saying what is good about the game. I understand the bad should be addressed too but really quite a few people are really easy to bite back without saying what specifically they liked about it vs. just saying everything is flawless. Most memorable would be Sessler but I've always enjoyed his reviews. I think a fair review should touch on likes and dislikes instead of just one or the other. The number system should be Jackpotted out of existence. And articles like this should never be blatantly insulting.

I'm curious to see how the author would act/reply in a face to face debate. Obviously she was very misinformed and didn't even have enough respect to do the proper research.

XD this is much longer than I expected but just.... this article got me goin'.

I mean this in no negative way but just curious.......are you a female?
#74Megiddo_FlarePosted 1/15/2013 8:28:15 AM
kollie89 posted...

No
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#75Capitan_KidPosted 1/15/2013 8:28:35 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
If the design wasn't a major issue for a lot of people we wouldn't have multiple threads on multiple boards and youtube channels about the little joke scene with white hair.

This game has given me a huge aversion to this fan base, the behavior has been even worse than FF fans.

This.. There were so many topics whining about that scene
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#76kollie89Posted 1/15/2013 8:28:56 AM
Megiddo_Flare posted...
kollie89 posted...

No

I edited it, actually ment to ask the person you quoted haha didnt realize you were in there at the bottom
#77Chisai73Posted 1/15/2013 8:29:36 AM
kollie89 posted...

Does that bear any relevance to the points made in my post? Not taking it negatively or anything I just don't see how being male or female would even be a question to that lol
#78Megiddo_FlarePosted 1/15/2013 8:30:08 AM
lol Gotcha
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#79DuuuDe14Posted 1/15/2013 8:31:06 AM
This is bad. Just all of this...is so bad.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#80kollie89Posted 1/15/2013 8:32:41 AM
Chisai73 posted...
kollie89 posted...

Does that bear any relevance to the points made in my post? Not taking it negatively or anything I just don't see how being male or female would even be a question to that lol

it really dosent have any relevance, I just read what you said and honestly could see a woman more likely to post something as well caring then a man, just wanted to know if my assumption was right, so are you?