The "How To" for Vergil's Downfall DLC *XBOX & PS3*

#1DarkstaPosted 1/15/2013 12:56:41 PM
Figure'd i'd post a very quick "How To" thread about getting Vergil's Downfall, as well as some information about it. Their has been a lot of people asking about how to get this so why not put the info in one place?

Firstly;

What IS this "Vergil's Downfall that I keep hearing about?

Vergil's Downfall is DLC available for DmC: Devil May Cry that chronicles what happens to Vergil around the events of the main game. Vergil's Downfall takes place around the same time as Dante's own story, following Vergil's struggle through an extremely twisted Limbo that tells his story and reveals how he became who he is.

Okay so...what does it include?

Besides the chance to play as the amazing character Vergil (who doesn't love him, besides well...humanity and what not), it features hidden items to collect, new enemies, has a leaderboard with which to compete with others, and like the main game, come's with multiple levels of Difficulty.

What can Vergil Do? Is he just going to be a clone of Dante?

Well, actually he's the Brother of Dante...see cause you said clone and he's...sigh, what ever. Vergil uses many of his skills from Devil May Cry 3, including the Slash Dimension, Air Trick, Summoned Swords, and more, along with a few new abilities as well, like creating a silhouette to assist in attacks.

Basically, he's bad ass.

Okay that sound Cool! How do I get it?

Well...thats the tricky part. Vergil's Downfall is free Downloadable Content available for any customers who pre-order DmC: Devil May Cry through GameStop (Power Up Rewards) and EBgames. Sadly, Capcom was not able to finish the DLC in time for release, and so it shall become availible in February. If you did not pre-order the game through GameStop or EBGames, it can be purchased through the Xbox Live Marketplace for 720 points, and through the PlayStation Network for $8.99.

So my code is worthless?

No. People who Pre-Ordered the game from the above retailers will notice that in addition to their weapon skin pack, they have a secondary code which tells you to visit a website to input it. Here is a step by step for how to get this done.

1. Find the code towards the bottom of the receipt. It should be above the "tell us how we did" box and should be about 11 characters long.

2. Get on a computer and visit http://www.devilmaycry.com/vergil/ . You will be greeted by Dante Beiber and some instructions.

3. Input your 11 character Code in the box marked "Code". Underneath that put in your email address. I would suggest that you use the same address as your PSN account just so you don't lose it.

4. Click submit. you should get a green box underneath that which says "Thank You". This is all you do for now. After the DLC is released, you will get an email (to the email you specified) with the DLC code which you can input into the PSN Network and then download Vergil for free.

Wow! That's killer! Thanks a bunch! You should be president! I'd so vote for you!

You are welcome. The company I work for, Umbrella Corp, will most certainly appreciate your praise and recommendations. For now, I leave you with a cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t8SU9oQBWLo
---
MM SF3: Black Ace FC: 442-599-525-414 Name: Metal Sonic
'Machines are the future...
#2CrayonmuffinPosted 1/15/2013 12:57:46 PM
Mine just says it isn't recognized -_- Poop.
#3toon_link_346Posted 1/15/2013 1:00:31 PM
I live in the UK and got the code from GAME. Since the DLC isn't finished, I'm assuming the same thing applies to the UK as well as Gamestop US. Can my 12 digit code from game still work on the website?
---
''You have to put hot sauce on eggs. salt and pepper?
that's just dirty. seriously, it's like sexual harassment'
#4BrocknothPosted 1/15/2013 1:00:51 PM
Capcom was not able to finish the DLC in time for release, and so it shall become availible in February.

Be real careful throwing that around without something to back it up. You're the 2nd person I've seen say this where did you read it?
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"
#5Dark_EpathyPosted 1/15/2013 1:02:39 PM
Just wanted to report that I pre-ordered from GameStop and got the "Thank You" message just fine.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#6Darksta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:15:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Darksta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:16:31 PM
Quote:Just wanted to report that I pre-ordered from GameStop and got the "Thank You" message just fine.
@Dark_Epathy
Yep. I made this after doing it myself.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#8ninja_poopPosted 1/15/2013 1:19:48 PM
I preordered from gamestop and all i got was the stupid samurai weapons pack... I preordered specifically for the vergil DLC :(
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado becomes the first state
#9Nightmare966Posted 1/15/2013 1:20:14 PM
The DLC actually happens after the main storyline. Thought I'd point it out.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#10BrocknothPosted 1/15/2013 1:22:07 PM
Knock knock TC you haven't answered my question yet.
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"