This game ruined the series?

#11Orange00Posted 1/16/2013 5:19:42 AM
i feel the same way. DMC1 WAS cool, but DMC3 is the holy grail for me as well. Maybe that's partly the reason i like DmC more, it's got young dante and the game is about the same brotherly rivalry. so the setting is somewhat similar.

it was a letdown when i saw dante in DMC4, because i was expecting a direct sequel to DMC3, thanks to that early PS3 tech demo that seemed to suggest one.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#12SiLVeR_420Posted 1/16/2013 5:21:16 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
No idea. It had some of the most epic cinematics and music in gaming. Then they made a bunch of sub-par spinoffs and it just faded into obscurity.

That smash brothers clone was the only spin off Onimusha had. And it was pretty good.
Atleast I don't remember any other spin offs.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#13BillysanPosted 1/16/2013 5:23:36 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...
No idea. It had some of the most epic cinematics and music in gaming. Then they made a bunch of sub-par spinoffs and it just faded into obscurity.

That smash brothers clone was the only spin off Onimusha had. And it was pretty good.

There was that strategy game on GameBoy Advance.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#14JirynPosted 1/16/2013 5:23:46 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...

Onimusha Tactics as well
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#15kaliskonigPosted 1/16/2013 5:24:25 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...

Wasn't a smash bris Clive but that game was. AWESOME. IMO.
There was an onimusha tactics rpg game on gba.
#16Orange00Posted 1/16/2013 5:24:43 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...

there was some onimusha tactics or something..
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#17DarkstaPosted 1/16/2013 5:24:59 AM
Quote:I read the entire thing, and what's your point? You can say there was only one truly amazing game, but that's entirely subjective. For others, DMC1 reinvented the action genre, DMC3 made games difficult and had the best story of any DMC, and DMC4 had the best combat of any DMC(And imo, of any action game). So for others, yes, it was an amazing SERIES of games, and this one casualized not only the difficulty, but the combat as well, scaling down the number of moves each weapon had, while substituting the weapon switch in for the styles of DMC4. The story as well is very polarizing, and it doesn't need saying that DMC3's was better, if it a little on the subtle side. Not to mention the terrible PR from the developer and publisher. Ultimately, this game was not only a bad game in a series of great games, it scarred the community forever.

So yeah, there's my reasons for disliking this game.

@XDecimoX
This game did none of that.

It's gotten great reviews, and is enjoyed by many. But when ever anyone says its good, a few people here come around and say it sucks and is horrible.

You can hate the game for your own reasons (and never play the game, just the demo), but they are just your reasons and aren't shared by all.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#18SiLVeR_420Posted 1/16/2013 5:26:29 AM
Billysan posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...

There was that strategy game on GameBoy Advance.

Never knew about that one.
But I mostly used my gba for Castlevania and Pokemon games and little else.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#19XDecimoXPosted 1/16/2013 5:28:45 AM
Darksta posted...
This game did none of that.

It's gotten great reviews, and is enjoyed by many. But when ever anyone says its good, a few people here come around and say it sucks and is horrible.

You can hate the game for your own reasons (and never play the game, just the demo), but they are just your reasons and aren't shared by all.

I'm sorry, but I'm just as skeptic of the critic reviews as I am of the 10/10 and 0/10 user reviews. Anyone acting reasonably seems to agree that this is an average game at best, as do I. And for the record, I specifically said those were my reasons, and was telling TC that him thinking this game didn't ruin the series was just his opinion as well.
---
PSN - NeroTheDB
#20DaGr1nCh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:29:12 AM
XDecimoX posted...
I read the entire thing, and what's your point? You can say there was only one truly amazing game, but that's entirely subjective. For others, DMC1 reinvented the action genre, DMC3 made games difficult and had the best story of any DMC, and DMC4 had the best combat of any DMC(And imo, of any action game). So for others, yes, it was an amazing SERIES of games, and this one casualized not only the difficulty, but the combat as well, scaling down the number of moves each weapon had, while substituting the weapon switch in for the styles of DMC4. The story as well is very polarizing, and it doesn't need saying that DMC3's was better, if it a little on the subtle side. Not to mention the terrible PR from the developer and publisher. Ultimately, this game was not only a bad game in a series of great games, it scarred the community forever.

So yeah, there's my reasons for disliking this game.

You're right, it's all subjective I thought i made it clear that DMC 1 was amazing because it basically redefined what an action game could be. It's basically the grandfather of the modern day action game. It was the first of its kind. I find it hard to give DMC 2 any props because it didn't do anything right. Going back to your point about DMC 3. Actually that didn't make the modern era action game difficult, that distinction rests squarely on the shoulders of Ninja Gaiden on Xbox which came out before DMC 3. 4's combat was amazing I'll give you that but it didn't give you the proper platform to use it and it was only a 4th of the game until bloody palace.

As ludicrous as the story and dialog is in this game. It's still more coherent then the entirety of the DMC series. Is it corny, absolutely but when has the dialog ever been good in a Devil May Cry game. I guess in the end we'll just have to agree to disagree because DmC is not a bad game in a series of great games. Hell it's not a bad game at all. It's a good game against one of if not the greatest action titles ever created. Next to Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black and I guess I'll throw Bayonetta in there as well.
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden