This game ruined the series?

#31Ether101Posted 1/16/2013 5:19:21 AM
You failed to understand what a reboot is for.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#32BlackHadouPosted 1/16/2013 5:19:59 AM
Minatokun brings up the points I hope is true, that we have a Megaman situation here (Megaman and Megaman X existed at the same time), However, this is Capcom we're talking about here. They've missed opportunities in the past, and pissed off fans of their games in the past. I hope DMC and DmC will both continue on, mainly because while I don't hate DmC, I would like to continue to see old Dante and the old DMC series continue on.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.
#33DaGr1nCh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:24:43 AM
Ether101 posted...

By definition, reboot means to restart something so no, I did not fail to understand anything.
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
#34Ether101Posted 1/16/2013 5:44:46 AM
DaGr1nCh posted...
Ether101 posted...

By definition, reboot means to restart something so no, I did not fail to understand anything.

While trying not to stray to far from what made people like the franchise in the first place. This game strays so far form the original series in almost every way imaginable which is why people don't like it. It has nothing to do with Devil May Cry and that it being a reboot doesn't justify it. Bayformers is a reboot of G1 but that didn't stop fans form being put off by the whole thing. Transformers Prime is also a reboot but it doesn't try to do away with what people like which is why fans love it.
---
#35EzraGenesisPosted 1/16/2013 6:07:25 AM
10/10 would read again.
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
#36pennywise666Posted 1/16/2013 6:46:28 AM
Marblesbunbun posted...
DMC1: Saw my friends playing it the week it came out, gave it a rental, fell inlove with the series. It was "Onimusha" done right IMHO.
It start the whole "Style Hack and Slash" genre if you ask me.

DMC2. Pre-ordered, picked it up the day it came out. At the time, I had no problems with the game, looking back I was an ignorant child. (23 yrs old), Still I enjoyed it for what it was.. and the gameplay at the time.. I beat both modes.

DMC3. OMG WTF,, the difficulty in this game drove me up a wall at first but over time, and abuse of the holy water item, I learned to beat the game without much problem and loved every minute of it. When the Special Edition was released, I picked that up too.

DMC4: I loved Nero, and after playing Nero it felt weird playing Dante.
I felt the game was half assed.. oh look the same 5-6 areas forward, now backward! Woo half the development time, twice the game! *twirls finger*
Other then that it was an enjoyable romp.

The first three seemed to form a cohesive plot, I have no clue where 4 came in the timeline though, I also don't know ANY of this "Dante Trapped in Hell" or "Stoic Older Dante in 2" crap people keep speaking of.
Nor do I see where the writers wrote themselves in a corner, this was a nonsensical action game.. they could have brought Dante back for millions of reasons.. or just made it as a passing joke which changed every time it's explain "I was giving the devil a rash, so he kicked me out" and never give a REAL explination.

As for the reboot, I'm loving it so far. (Just beat FarCry 3, and Dark Souls over the weekend, now DMC time!)
I don't see where it is lacking depth and style over the original games.. the plot seems a bit more cohesive and intelligent then the other games in the series..
the only problem I can think of is.. I HATE stinger's new command input..

**curses stinger too**
---
Not removing this sig till Quebec City get a NHL team!
Does anybody knows who's sleeping with whom around here?
#37wwinterj25Posted 1/16/2013 6:49:10 AM
itrainpokemon posted...
i wish i read it, but i didnt

This. How can it destroy a series when it's creating a new one and has no baring on the original?
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#38Ether101Posted 1/16/2013 7:02:03 AM
wwinterj25 posted...
itrainpokemon posted...
i wish i read it, but i didnt

This. How can it destroy a series when it's creating a new one and has no baring on the original?

Because its meant to replace the original series and it tarnishes it's legacy. Not to mention that a lot of people know hate the original series simply so that they can justify liking this one. I had a reply on tumblr where someone actually tried to say that the quality and not the quantity of DMC4 which was what people didn't like about the game.
---
#39SirenaLoreleyPosted 1/16/2013 7:56:03 AM
A reboot wasn't necessary, in my opinion... it's sad that Capcom decided money was more important than pleasing their fans (don't forget, they did this with NT to try and catch a new group of buyers from the west, so to speak... I can already tell, they failed miserably).
And as for your question? yes, this game ruined the series. Slow gameplay, bad story, unlikable characters... *sigh* ...it's such a pity, really...
---
**I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose Free Will**
#40julio77777Posted 1/16/2013 8:25:13 AM
DMC 2 didn't ruin the series why should it ?

Maybe DmC 2 will be an awesome game (hopefully not made by a crappy studio...).
But seriously the game isn't as awful as crazed fans would want it to be, but it certainly isn't as awesome as it could have been.