how do beat vergil

#1tlalchitonatiuhPosted 1/16/2013 4:57:26 PM
ok, i get him down to the last hit, then he hunches over, is invincible, summons his doppleganger and heals. rinse, repeat with no end in sight. how do i actually beat him?
#2megaultrarice34Posted 1/16/2013 4:58:08 PM
Mash triangle.

Or devil trigger
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#3BlackHadouPosted 1/16/2013 4:58:19 PM
Doppelganger increases your DT gauge. DT and hit Vergil while the doppels around and you'll finish him.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.
#4Caolan_2k9Posted 1/16/2013 4:58:20 PM
DT and slice em when he's on the ground recharging.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#5Pesmerga255Posted 1/16/2013 4:58:23 PM
Use your Dante Trigger and stab him.

Why do people have trouble figuring this kind of thing out? The doppelganger fills up your gauge when you hit it.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#6KOFXIIIPosted 1/16/2013 4:58:45 PM
I swear this is the exact same topic from a few hours ago.

and the title itself is a very big spoiler.
#7tlalchitonatiuh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 4:59:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8BlackHadouPosted 1/16/2013 5:00:17 PM
They probably have trouble figuring it out because Dante's Devil Trigger is barely relevant to the game, and feels tacked on for the sack of having it. I got through the entire game and never actually used it because it was never needed and I like my emergency health regen. It never occurred to me to do it. I won that fight on accident.
---
"Ware wa Sanger Sombold. Aku o Tatsu Tsurugi Nagi!"
The last thing Evil hears before it is Cleaved in two.
#9Caolan_2k9Posted 1/16/2013 5:02:55 PM
BlackHadou posted...
They probably have trouble figuring it out because Dante's Devil Trigger is barely relevant to the game, and feels tacked on for the sack of having it. I got through the entire game and never actually used it because it was never needed and I like my emergency health regen. It never occurred to me to do it. I won that fight on accident.

Dantes DT was barely relevant in any of the DMCs, respectively. Storywise anyway, it was always useful in combat.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi