C/D: DMC3 > DMC > DMC4 > DMC2 > DmC

#41KyryloPosted 1/17/2013 4:49:03 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Grey_Fox4 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Grey_Fox4 posted...
Honestly I don't get your entire bit, why are you posting here if you despise the game?

To see this game fail

Good luck with that, unfortunately for you this is just people talking about the game. The best you'll get is to see people talking about the game failing.

Oh ho ho, trust me. This board will be evidence of the failure

Just like how D3's board is evidence of its failu-....wait... I forgot, Diablo 3 has sold close to 11 million copies. Oops.

Wanna ask how many playing it still? Besides this is nowhere near level of Blizzard tyrannical rule.
#42IamthekuzalolPosted 1/17/2013 5:04:20 AM(edited)
Undead_Yakuza posted...
DmC is the best game.

"FACEPALM", and only on gamefaqs can you see such fallible post.
#43Enix BelmontPosted 1/17/2013 5:04:56 AM
Kyrylo posted...
I don't know what clones do you mean. To say truth, DMC don't have that many of them. I didn't like what I saw from Bob fight. It really reminded me of KH Tron boss fight. DMC1 had it's own flaws, but it was first in franchise. And don't really see dmc topping it's experience. I didn't felt much similarities between dmc and DMC4 despite I played demo right after finishing DMC4 again

Clones is definitely the wrong word, but games in the same genre. Games(comparing combat, some of these have other aspects that make them good) like El Shaddai, Lords of Shadow, Dante's Inferno, Darksiders 1 and 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, God of War(IMO, although I don't doubt many people will disagree), Ninja Gaiden(well, at least 3 is worse)....All these are worse than DmC combat wise, and most of these I actually like quite a bit(cept Dante's Inferno and NG3). Anarchy Reigns is also worse when you compare them in the same aspect like many fans have been, but really, the game deserves to be compared with like Power Stone, as a great multiplayer game thats fun as hell.

As for the demo, I honestly didn't like it either - if you search around, I posted impressions that were pretty negative, and I've been mostly leaning towards anti due to heavenly sword and enslaved being not very good to me.

I'm not gonna blindly to buy a game you might not enjoy, but if you get the chance at some point, rent it, borrow it, or something. I was on the fence between pro and anti and decided ot buy it after good reviews and stuff, and I'm pretty satisfied. The full game definitely feels like DMC4 - Many of his moves and the rhythm of the game is similar to playing as nero, what with the grapples to pull in enemies and such. You seem to be the type to dislike DmC over actual concerns instead of things like Dante's hair, and as someone who used to be the same, I ended up liking DmC a lot.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#44Damien94Posted 1/17/2013 5:10:41 AM
What exactly is wrong with DMC2? It improved the gameplay from 1. The only thing that could be considered weaker is the storyline.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#45FireMage7777Posted 1/17/2013 5:11:51 AM
Damien94 posted...
What exactly is wrong with DMC2? It improved the gameplay from 1. The only thing that could be considered weaker is the storyline.

Worst post of the day award
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#46Damien94Posted 1/17/2013 5:13:05 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Damien94 posted...

Because they added a dodge button? You do realize that 3 has a dodge button as well, right?
---
#47Enix BelmontPosted 1/17/2013 5:18:48 AM
Damien94 posted...

The AI and difficulty was an absolute joke, the hits felt a lot crappier, the environments felt way more plain and less detailed, there was only one real moveset per character and neither was interesting, many of the bosses were designed to require mashing guns(which is boring), guns beat everything without thinking, there are enemies like the demon tank(which in addition to having a terrible design IMO) which practically can't hit you and just have insanely long health bars, the flips and stuff were flashy but pointless for gameplay, boss battles were dumbed down and required very little strategy, the style system was busted, etc, etc. I could probably go on.

That said, I like DMC2 well enough. Playing as Trish was actually fun(although most people didn't get that far), the tone of the game is actually cool to me, the bloody palace gave the game a much needed decent challenge, and its short and a fun playthrough. Laid the foundation of many of the great mechanics in 3, and its not quite as bad as everyone says. It's like a 6/10 game to me and not as bad as people say. I beat it 7 times last year alone getting all the achievements for the HD collection, and while sometimes it got boring and annoying, it really isn't an abomination.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#48FireMage7777Posted 1/17/2013 5:18:54 AM
Damien94 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Damien94 posted...

Because they added a dodge button? You do realize that 3 has a dodge button as well, right?

How about the following: Sword moves are crap, guns are OP, enemies are a massive downgrade, extremely slow, I can go on. The ONLY thing DMC2 did better than 1 in gameplay was DT. To think overwise is lunacy
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#49Damien94Posted 1/17/2013 5:26:24 AM(edited)
Enix Belmont posted...

The AI and difficulty was an absolute joke, the hits felt a lot crappier...

That said, I like DMC2 well enough. Playing as Trish was actually fun(although most people didn't get that far), the tone of the game is actually cool to me, the bloody palace gave the game a much needed decent challenge, and its short and a fun playthrough. Laid the foundation of many of the great mechanics in 3, and its not quite as bad as everyone says. It's like a 6/10 game to me and not as bad as people say. I beat it 7 times last year alone getting all the achievements for the HD collection, and while sometimes it got boring and annoying, it really isn't an abomination.

FireMage7777 posted...

How about the following: Sword moves are crap, guns are OP, enemies are a massive downgrade, extremely slow, I can go on. The ONLY thing DMC2 did better than 1 in gameplay was DT. To think overwise is lunacy

So pretty much the same problems that DmC suffers from, IYO.

I just did a playthrough of the first few levels of both 1 and 2, and the combat isn't nearly as bad as you're overstating it. They made it more fluid at the very least. Difficulty can be controlled with you know... the difficulty setting. That's why I brought up the question of why everyone is trashing on 2.
---
#50Undead_YakuzaPosted 1/17/2013 5:30:07 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
DmC is the best game.

*dies from laughter*

It's called an opinion. Deal with it, immature brat.

Yeah, but opinions aren't objective and are often wrong

It's an opinion based on own past experience and taste, hence it's subjective. I'm not speaking for the entire race when I say that DmC is better than the previous games, I'm stating personal preference.