C/D: DMC3 > DMC > DMC4 > DMC2 > DmC

#51Enix BelmontPosted 1/17/2013 5:30:19 AM
Damien94 posted...
Enix Belmont posted...

The AI and difficulty was an absolute joke, the hits felt a lot crappier...

That said, I like DMC2 well enough. Playing as Trish was actually fun(although most people didn't get that far), the tone of the game is actually cool to me, the bloody palace gave the game a much needed decent challenge, and its short and a fun playthrough. Laid the foundation of many of the great mechanics in 3, and its not quite as bad as everyone says. It's like a 6/10 game to me and not as bad as people say. I beat it 7 times last year alone getting all the achievements for the HD collection, and while sometimes it got boring and annoying, it really isn't an abomination.

FireMage7777 posted...

How about the following: Sword moves are crap, guns are OP, enemies are a massive downgrade, extremely slow, I can go on. The ONLY thing DMC2 did better than 1 in gameplay was DT. To think overwise is lunacy

So pretty much the same problems that DmC suffers from, IYO.

I just did a playthrough of the first few levels of both 1 and 2, and the combat isn't nearly as bad as you're overstating it. They made it more fluid at the very least. Difficulty can be controlled with you know... the difficulty setting. That's why I brought up the question of why everyone is trashing on 2.

I can't tell if you're serious, but DmC, or DMC doesn't have almost any of these things. Dante Must Die in DMC2 is legit easier than the easiest setting in the original DMC, and easier than devil hunter in DmC(havent played human). Bloody Palace is the only place you'll find real difficulty in DMC2, and their idea of difficulty in that, is spamming enemies with health bars so high you can't see any more(literally) and filling the screen with enemies.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#52Grey_Fox4Posted 1/17/2013 5:32:06 AM
Damien94 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Damien94 posted...
What exactly is wrong with DMC2? It improved the gameplay from 1. The only thing that could be considered weaker is the storyline.

Worst post of the day award

Because they added a dodge button? You do realize that 3 has a dodge button as well, right?

-Almost all the bosses felt the same, you just stood next to them smashing them and they let you, even on DMD.
-It was uninspired to the point that the second last Boss was just a blob consisting of all the other Bosses.
-Style meter went down way too fast, you had to constantly roll near enemies to keep it alive. (Although it also went away pretty fast in DMC1)
-The most basic swords (weak/fast, normal, and strong/slow) that were pretty much the same
-It had a worse story than Shinobi on Genesis.

I had it on PS2 and I recently played it to death via the HD collection. I don't think it's awful but I don't think it's good either. It felt like a completely different game, like they were making a new thing entirely with Lucia, realized it wasn't good and threw Dante in to try save it.
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#53Undead_YakuzaPosted 1/17/2013 5:33:07 AM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
DmC is the best game.

"FACEPALM", and only on gamefaqs can you see such fallible post.

Good one, sir. Much better than stating WHY my post is fallible.
#54Damien94Posted 1/17/2013 5:35:16 AM
Enix Belmont posted...

I can't tell if you're serious, but DmC, or DMC doesn't have almost any of these things. Dante Must Die in DMC2 is legit easier than the easiest setting in the original DMC.

Give me some of what you're smoking.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#55KyryloPosted 1/17/2013 5:38:04 AM
Enix Belmont posted...
Kyrylo posted...
I don't know what clones do you mean. To say truth, DMC don't have that many of them. I didn't like what I saw from Bob fight. It really reminded me of KH Tron boss fight. DMC1 had it's own flaws, but it was first in franchise. And don't really see dmc topping it's experience. I didn't felt much similarities between dmc and DMC4 despite I played demo right after finishing DMC4 again

Clones is definitely the wrong word, but games in the same genre. Games(comparing combat, some of these have other aspects that make them good) like El Shaddai, Lords of Shadow, Dante's Inferno, Darksiders 1 and 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, God of War(IMO, although I don't doubt many people will disagree), Ninja Gaiden(well, at least 3 is worse)....All these are worse than DmC combat wise, and most of these I actually like quite a bit(cept Dante's Inferno and NG3). Anarchy Reigns is also worse when you compare them in the same aspect like many fans have been, but really, the game deserves to be compared with like Power Stone, as a great multiplayer game thats fun as hell.

As for the demo, I honestly didn't like it either - if you search around, I posted impressions that were pretty negative, and I've been mostly leaning towards anti due to heavenly sword and enslaved being not very good to me.

I'm not gonna blindly to buy a game you might not enjoy, but if you get the chance at some point, rent it, borrow it, or something. I was on the fence between pro and anti and decided ot buy it after good reviews and stuff, and I'm pretty satisfied. The full game definitely feels like DMC4 - Many of his moves and the rhythm of the game is similar to playing as nero, what with the grapples to pull in enemies and such. You seem to be the type to dislike DmC over actual concerns instead of things like Dante's hair, and as someone who used to be the same, I ended up liking DmC a lot.

I gonna buy it used, but honestly combat is only half of my concern. For me game where I dislike characters is effectively dead. That's why I haven't bought single GoW. From what I saw in dmc I don't like them. I dislike abortion scene and Dante's rant about exploding child. I think it's quite disgusting. As for combat. I dunno. I liked Darksiders , GoW, LoS and NG more than demo. I greatly dislike telegraphic attacks and dumbed AI. As for Dante himself. I dunno. I dislike that they tried to put as many attacks as possible in 2 buttons. Lock on could have dissolved half of that problem.s
#56FireMage7777Posted 1/17/2013 5:41:58 AM
Damien94 posted...
Enix Belmont posted...

The AI and difficulty was an absolute joke, the hits felt a lot crappier...

That said, I like DMC2 well enough. Playing as Trish was actually fun(although most people didn't get that far), the tone of the game is actually cool to me, the bloody palace gave the game a much needed decent challenge, and its short and a fun playthrough. Laid the foundation of many of the great mechanics in 3, and its not quite as bad as everyone says. It's like a 6/10 game to me and not as bad as people say. I beat it 7 times last year alone getting all the achievements for the HD collection, and while sometimes it got boring and annoying, it really isn't an abomination.

FireMage7777 posted...

How about the following: Sword moves are crap, guns are OP, enemies are a massive downgrade, extremely slow, I can go on. The ONLY thing DMC2 did better than 1 in gameplay was DT. To think overwise is lunacy

So pretty much the same problems that DmC suffers from, IYO.

I just did a playthrough of the first few levels of both 1 and 2, and the combat isn't nearly as bad as you're overstating it. They made it more fluid at the very least. Difficulty can be controlled with you know... the difficulty setting. That's why I brought up the question of why everyone is trashing on 2.

No. DmC has its own problems, but is NOWHERE near as bad as DMC2. Also did you seriously just call DMC2 fluid? Again, sheer lunacy
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#57BrakkisPosted 1/17/2013 5:47:27 AM(edited)
Damien94 posted...

1. Lucia was pointless, useless, and underdeveloped while the game tried to make you feel for her. Fans wanted Trish to be playable, the sequel gave us this instead.

2. You could beat the entire game on the hardest difficulty using just the guns and never die, while half asleep.

3. The sword and melee weapons combat was absolutely terrible

4. They increased the size of the areas by a large margin only to add more of the terrible combat and far fewer of the puzzles found in the other games.

5. Biggest issue? Dante was nothing like Dante. He lacked almost any of his personality and was a damn mute for most of the game.

There are your reasons why 2 is so hated.

As for rankings, the Poll is close but I'd say
DMC3 > DMC4 > DMC1 >>>>> DmC > DMC 2
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#58Damien94Posted 1/17/2013 5:43:42 AM
FireMage7777 posted...

No. DmC has its own problems, but is NOWHERE near as bad as DMC2. Also did you seriously just call DMC2 fluid? Again, sheer lunacy

Again, all the things you mentioned that you think were bad in DMC2 are problems people have been having with DmC. So I don't know how you can claim it's better.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#59Ibuki_LordPosted 1/17/2013 5:46:54 AM
For me it's:

DMC3
DmC
DMC4
DMC1
DMC2
---
PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord
#60KyryloPosted 1/17/2013 5:47:43 AM
Damien94 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Again, all the things you mentioned that you think were bad in DMC2 are problems people have been having with DmC. So I don't know how you can claim it's better.

Let's admit, we like DMC2 better because original Dante is still there, even though he's not talking.