C/D: DMC3 > DMC > DMC4 > DMC2 > DmC

#61UnknownWinPosted 1/17/2013 4:48:58 AM
Damien94, I think you're being a fanboy for the original DMC.

Just chillax, bro. DmC > DMC2
And that doesn't makes DmC good btw, It's just a decent game.
#62Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 4:49:05 AM
Swarles posted...
Personally 4 is my favorite but I can still agree with your order.

Same here
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#63kollie89Posted 1/17/2013 4:49:30 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Grey_Fox4 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Grey_Fox4 posted...
Honestly I don't get your entire bit, why are you posting here if you despise the game?

To see this game fail

Good luck with that, unfortunately for you this is just people talking about the game. The best you'll get is to see people talking about the game failing.

Oh ho ho, trust me. This board will be evidence of the failure

saying a place as awful as gamefaqs will serve as evidence of anything other than trolls and butthurt dwellers makes me lol
#64BrakkisPosted 1/17/2013 4:50:34 AM
Oh, should add this in

DMC3 > DMC 4 > DMC Anime > DMC1 >>>>> DmC > DMC2

The anime has Trish and Lady together, and so it wins.
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#65FireMage7777Posted 1/17/2013 4:51:49 AM
Damien94 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

No. DmC has its own problems, but is NOWHERE near as bad as DMC2. Also did you seriously just call DMC2 fluid? Again, sheer lunacy

Again, all the things you mentioned that you think were bad in DMC2 are problems people have been having with DmC. So I don't know how you can claim it's better.

The problems are worse in DMC2, that's why. Pls obtane cloo
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#66Damien94Posted 1/17/2013 4:53:23 AM
UnknownWin posted...

The gameplay isn't any better in DmC, it's just as "easy".
Which leaves the story... In which you have to decide if a relative lack of story is worse than the infantile garbage that **** itself out of Tameem's mouth.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#67AFreebyPosted 1/17/2013 4:56:36 AM
I always preferred the games in this order:

DMC > DMC3 >= DMC4 > DMC2

I'm not putting DmC on my list because I'm choosing not to play the game, so I can't honestly rate it.

DMC3 only gets a slight edge over DMC4 because I like Vergil, but I enjoy playing through DMC4 more. The first DMC is still the most well rounded game in the series.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#68FireMage7777Posted 1/17/2013 4:56:41 AM
Damien94 posted...
UnknownWin posted...

The gameplay isn't any better in DmC, it's just as "easy".
Which leaves the story... In which you have to decide if a relative lack of story is worse than the infantile garbage that **** itself out of Tameem's mouth.

DmC has nothing as OP as DMC2's guns until you get Super Dante...if you're going to talk out of your ass please try to be convincing
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#69MalkyeaImbakPosted 1/17/2013 4:57:32 AM
This fanbase is just as bad as the goku fanbase, who's complaining about goku not being able to be superman when he's clearly outmatched -.-

Seriously the game isn't bad, DMC story was ALWAYS mediocre at best, this game's gameplay pretty good. To say its worse than DMC2 is fanboyism imo. It arguably better than 4 and better than 1.
#70Enix BelmontPosted 1/17/2013 4:59:39 AM
Kyrylo posted...
I gonna buy it used, but honestly combat is only half of my concern. For me game where I dislike characters is effectively dead. That's why I haven't bought single GoW. From what I saw in dmc I don't like them. I dislike abortion scene and Dante's rant about exploding child. I think it's quite disgusting. As for combat. I dunno. I liked Darksiders , GoW, LoS and NG more than demo. I greatly dislike telegraphic attacks and dumbed AI. As for Dante himself. I dunno. I dislike that they tried to put as many attacks as possible in 2 buttons. Lock on could have dissolved half of that problem.s

You will never like the characters. I sure as hell dont. Dante himself grew on me a bit(only to the point of indifference, not like), since he has a few one liners reminiscent of the old dante, but I wouldn't call him good and the rest of the cast and the plot are downright awful. The game is distasteful, stupid, and honestly has a lot of poor voice acting, and the worst part is, it thinks it's smarter than it is. The best part about this, to me, is the ability to skip cutscenes.

But I'm someone who cares about gameplay over story any day. Gameplay is all that matters to me, personally, and generally always has been, I grew up with NES and SNES and never really thought about characters in any of those games. I understand hating the game if you're the type who likes to get invested in characters.

The telegraphed attacks, IMO, are not a problem. They're there due to the games parry and dodge system. Bayonetta, IMO, an amazing game, has very similar difficulty and levels of telegraphing attacks, and the reward for dodging perfectly in this one is simply a damage and style buff. In Bayo, it's a few seconds of essentially stopped time where you can get a free combo of your choosing. No one cared then, and it was praised a lot. I don't see why DmC isn't the same. I've died around as much on Nephilim as I did in Bayonetta on whatever the normal setting was, and that's just fine for me. That's all I have experience with so far, so that's all I can say - If it doesn't get harder then it's absolutely a flaw, but I feel it will.

Control wise, I agree the controls feel like finger gymnastics at first, and they still do at first, but I feel switching styles on the fly with Dante in DMC4 was similar, and both feel great when you string together a ton of different weapons in one combo, and while I'm not gonna say it ever feels like second nature, you definitely get used to it.

No Lock on is the single biggest flaw of the game to me, but it's not a deal breaker. The game is definitely built around it and problems in early missions with targeting onto certain enemies were resolved by new weapons and gameplay mechanics as the game went on - although it's never preferable to actual lock on.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg