It seems like reality has hit the pros.

#51Pesmerga255Posted 1/17/2013 6:30:34 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Different times. Xenogears has a lot of translation errors and it's still 1000x better than DmC.

Xenogears is also "1000x" better than Legend of the Dragoon. Translation errors are far from the only reason Legends of the Dragoon was as bashed as it was.

Simple logic dictates that you think DmC and LoD are as good as each other.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#52AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:30:53 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Different times. Xenogears has a lot of translation errors and it's still 1000x better than DmC.

Xenogears is also "1000x" better than Legend of the Dragoon. Translation errors are far from the only reason Legends of the Dragoon was as bashed as it was.

I think the main reason LoD was bashed was that it was being touted as a Final Fantasy Killer by the media. The expectations were set too high and people were disappointed.
#53Pesmerga255Posted 1/17/2013 6:34:14 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

I think the main reason LoD was bashed was that it was being touted as a Final Fantasy Killer by the media. The expectations were set too high and people were disappointed.

Developers should never claim that their games are the "killer" of anything. I can't think of a single game that was a success after that was claimed. LoD may be a cult classic, but it wasn't really a massive success in its time.
---
#54embittererPosted 1/17/2013 6:34:18 PM
butter-side up, butter-side down.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#55ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/17/2013 6:35:45 PM(edited)
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

No. Why would you think that? I'm not the one saying DmC is flawed. You are. In fact, you're going as far as to bash DmC for being flawed, and yet you praise Legend of the Dragoon; a game that was even bashed by critics for being flawed (unlike this game).

No. I'm calling you a hypocrite, and yet another shining example of what one can expect from your typical DmC-hater.

And I mean "you" to those it applies to, I don't remember if you're one of them and I don't want to check.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#56KaptainK00lPosted 1/17/2013 6:35:58 PM
I admit, before release I was around here more often to witness all of the madness. But I've been gaming lately. I know it might be weird that I'm actually playing games instead of tearing one down like it took a dump on my mother's grave and emailed me the picture but...YUP
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#57gamer6879403333Posted 1/17/2013 6:36:01 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
You could have just answered the question about the scores instead of trying to insult. That would have been more mature. I do not want to brag about some victory. Just wanted to assess if expectations set by hype have been met or not.

You want to talk about who is being mature? This thread you made is here solely to rub the pros faces about how not-amazing the game is and for you to declare a victory over the pros because of it. It's just one big flame-bait, and you know it. Call me immature if you wish, but at least I haven't made a thread flame-baitng the antis just to get a rise out of them... Which is what you've done to the pros. Frankly, I think this thread shows that you're more immature then me by far.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#58Pesmerga255Posted 1/17/2013 6:36:18 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

No. Why would you think that? I'm not the one saying DmC is flawed. You are. In fact, you're going as far as to bash DmC for being flawed, and yet you praise Legend of the Dragoon; a game that was even bashed by critics for being flawed (unlike this game).

No. I'm calling you a hypocrite, and yet another shining example of what one can expect from your typical DmC-hater.

The numbers don't lie.
---
#59motaqaPosted 1/17/2013 6:36:42 PM
The only thing going for the franchise (this DMC and DmC terms thing is lame)is the combat system.

The combat is dull and auto targeting isn't helping things either.
getting SS ranks is basically pointless, as I was able to on my first try.

Story is the unoriginal and overused/abused concept of two creatures mixing and producing a superior being (Underworld anyone?).

Graphics are fine and all, but really only GW really care for them. its a plus to a game not an aspect to which people should judge a game by.

Mature (and I'm using the term loosely here) content that people seem to praise this game for boils down to how a 13 years old would handle situations. Swearing constantly and shouting loudly...oh and ****ing anything that walks too (at least having the urge anyways).
---
"You lack devotion. Steady effort is what counts. Me? I'm the exception to the rule!" Kyo Kusanagi
KOFXII Revenge of Ono, KOFXIII a New Hope
#60Xtreme65Posted 1/17/2013 6:37:55 PM
Im a pro. I enjoy this game because of the weapon system. Never has a DMC game allowed you to have this many weapons at once. When I bring this up antis just tell me that the weapons suck, but that is their opinion, ive always loved scythes, axes, chakrams, and fist weapons. Are they as creative as say a 3 rodded nunchuck? No but that doesnt mean the weapons we have suck. Having said that the bosses suck and the ranking system is broken. I maybe pro but im not blind.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.