It seems like reality has hit the pros.

#61ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/17/2013 6:38:39 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Different times. Xenogears has a lot of translation errors and it's still 1000x better than DmC.

Xenogears is also "1000x" better than Legend of the Dragoon. Translation errors are far from the only reason Legends of the Dragoon was as bashed as it was.

Simple logic dictates that you think DmC and LoD are as good as each other.

No. Why would you think that? I'm not the one saying DmC is flawed. You are. In fact, you're going as far as to bash DmC for being flawed, and yet you praise Legend of the Dragoon; a game that was even bashed by critics for being flawed (unlike this game).

No. I'm calling you a hypocrite, and yet another shining example of what one can expect from your typical DmC-hater.

The numbers don't lie.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry/critic-reviews

No. They don't. :3
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#62lolmuffinsPosted 1/17/2013 6:39:10 PM
gamer6879403333 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
You could have just answered the question about the scores instead of trying to insult. That would have been more mature. I do not want to brag about some victory. Just wanted to assess if expectations set by hype have been met or not.

You want to talk about who is being mature? This thread you made is here solely to rub the pros faces about how not-amazing the game is and for you to declare a victory over the pros because of it. It's just one big flame-bait, and you know it. Call me immature if you wish, but at least I haven't made a thread flame-baitng the antis just to get a rise out of them... Which is what you've done to the pros. Frankly, I think this thread shows that you're more immature then me by far.

Yeah! Stop having a different opinion than him! You're just being a big bully!
#63megaultrarice34Posted 1/17/2013 6:39:13 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Different times. Xenogears has a lot of translation errors and it's still 1000x better than DmC.

Xenogears is also "1000x" better than Legend of the Dragoon. Translation errors are far from the only reason Legends of the Dragoon was as bashed as it was.

No. Why would you think that? I'm not the one saying DmC is flawed. You are. In fact, you're going as far as to bash DmC for being flawed, and yet you praise Legend of the Dragoon; a game that was even bashed by critics for being flawed (unlike this game).

No. I'm calling you a hypocrite, and yet another shining example of what one can expect from your typical DmC-hater.

And I mean "you" to those it applies to, I don't remember if you're one of them and I don't want to check.

I don't understand. Why are you still on this board and not playing your beloved DmC? Didn't you mention that you were still only stuck on Mission 4, aka the demo level? Afraid that your opinion of the game will change as you sink more into it? A lot of the "typical DmC-haters" legitimately hate the game due to their dislike of the game's mechanics from having prior experience with the earlier games, and have knowledge of how this game's mechanics pale in comparison.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#64Pesmerga255Posted 1/17/2013 6:41:57 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...

I wasn't aware that your opinion was that of the critics.

I was actually talking about the way you said that Xenogears was exactly 1000x better than both DmC and LoD. That implies that you hate DmC just as much as you apparently despise LoD.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#65ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/17/2013 7:10:47 PM(edited)
megaultrarice34 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

And I mean "you" to those it applies to, I don't remember if you're one of them and I don't want to check.

I don't understand. Why are you still on this board and not playing your beloved DmC? Didn't you mention that you were still only stuck on Mission 4, aka the demo level? Afraid that your opinion of the game will change as you sink more into it? A lot of the "typical DmC-haters" legitimately hate the game due to their dislike of the game's mechanics from having prior experience with the earlier games, and have knowledge of how this game's mechanics pale in comparison.

The game is paused, the controller is in my hand and my TV screen is right behind my head. I also never said I was stuck on mission 4, I said I was on mission 4 at the time of my posting (passive aggressiveness at it's finest). If you have a problem with that, I don't know what to tell you.

Oh right, and nice try in implying the only people that like the game are those who have never played the originals. I own a PS2, I own the original trilogy, and I've beaten them all on the highest difficulty. I even own Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, a game that features the -true- worst incarnation of Dante to date.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#66AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:45:24 PM
gamer6879403333 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
You could have just answered the question about the scores instead of trying to insult. That would have been more mature. I do not want to brag about some victory. Just wanted to assess if expectations set by hype have been met or not.

You want to talk about who is being mature? This thread you made is here solely to rub the pros faces about how not-amazing the game is and for you to declare a victory over the pros because of it. It's just one big flame-bait, and you know it. Call me immature if you wish, but at least I haven't made a thread flame-baitng the antis just to get a rise out of them... Which is what you've done to the pros. Frankly, I think this thread shows that you're more immature then me by far.

Forget it. You are hopeless. I do not argue with immature people.
#67ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/17/2013 6:45:48 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

I wasn't aware that your opinion was that of the critics.

I was actually talking about the way you said that Xenogears was exactly 1000x better than both DmC and LoD. That implies that you hate DmC just as much as you apparently despise LoD.

You'll also recognize that I quoted the number, because I recognize it as an obscene exaggeration and don't take it seriously whatsoever.

I also never said I despise Legend of the Dragoon. Feel free to look back at my previous posts if you don't believe me, but I'll quote myself for you. "It's not impossible to like Legend of the Dragoon. In fact, I love it." May or may not be an exact quote.
---
#68gamer6879403333Posted 1/17/2013 6:48:39 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
Forget it. You are hopeless. I do not argue with immature people.

Right, I'm the immature one for pointing out that you're a pot calling the kettle black, calling others immature while making a flame-bait thread just to start trouble for your amusement. You're the hopeless one, and I'm done trying. You know you're trolling, you know the real reason you made this thread regardless of how nicely you tried to dress it up, and arguing you is just making your troll more successful.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#69AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:54:16 PM
Okay Pesmerga and Megaultrice. Leaving to take a nap now. Enjoy the discussion my fellow gamers.
#70BMSiriusPosted 1/17/2013 7:31:29 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
I do not see as many pros claiming how amazing the game is unlike before when the game wasn't released. I have seen threads by several people who were deceived by the hype and were disappointed to varying extents after playing the complete game. So what are the honest opinions of pros? Does this game deserve the 10/10s and 9/10s it got?

No.

It also doesn't deserve the 4s and 5s it got, much less the 2s and 3s. This is not a one-sided affair wher the "pros" are at fault. It's a solid 7-8.
---
"The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the one who deserves it least." - D. Gaider