What are some reboots you guys felt were done right?

#21Krystal109Posted 1/18/2013 4:32:55 AM
People seem to not understand what a reboot is. It's SUPPOSE to be different. You don't like it as a standalone game, fine. You don't like it as a DMC game because it's not the same character or gameplay? Well, f*** you. It's suppose to be different. Damn fanboys.
#22dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:38:18 AM
Krystal109 posted...
People seem to not understand what a reboot is. It's SUPPOSE to be different. You don't like it as a standalone game, fine. You don't like it as a DMC game because it's not the same character or gameplay? Well, f*** you. It's suppose to be different. Damn fanboys.

*sigh* and I was hoping this topic wouldn't have any anti/pro arguing.
It is certainly supposed to be different as a reboot, but not to the extent that this game is. This is literally nothing like the original DMC series. Seriously, play this, and play DMC1, and see if this game even looks like it's based off that. I guarantee that if this game wasn't called Devil May Cry, and the names in this game were changed, most people wouldn't even notice it was a Devil May Cry game. And that's why it's a bad reboot, because it's different to the point of not even being the same game.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#23Ibuki_LordPosted 1/18/2013 4:38:35 AM
Rayman Origins
Ninja Gaiden
DmC
Mortal Kombat

all I can think of for now
---
PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord
#24BillysanPosted 1/18/2013 4:42:26 AM
Krystal109 posted...

No what your referring to is called a new IP.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#25DiZ_the_EnigmaPosted 1/18/2013 5:35:29 AM
The only reboot I think is good is Lords of Shadow
---
"It's so terrible it's probably not even canon in its own universe." - NeoTStyle on DmC
#26FireMage7777Posted 1/18/2013 5:39:04 AM
Rebuild Of Evangelion. Though it might be more of a rebootquel
---
ScrewAttack needs to redo Goku Vs Superman with actual research on Goku. One word: Katchin...I mean Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 21.675 trillion tons in base form
#27zfair89Posted 1/18/2013 5:40:05 AM
Ninja Gaiden. A great update of a classic series. DmC wasn't really necessary.

I'm half inclined to include Metal Gear Solid. It's a continuation of the old games though.
#28Rebel_DantePosted 1/18/2013 5:45:02 AM
Billysan posted...
Krystal109 posted...

This. A reboot is supposed to be a reimagining of an existing IP's core ideas and concepts. Not a completely new game with an existing brand name slapped on it.

Oh. And f*** you too. Just rebooting my personality to appeal to the new audience.
#29SiLVeR_420Posted 1/18/2013 5:59:09 AM
Rebel_Dante posted...
Billysan posted...
Krystal109 posted...

This. A reboot is supposed to be a reimagining of an existing IP's core ideas and concepts. Not a completely new game with an existing brand name slapped on it.

Oh. And f*** you too. Just rebooting my personality to appeal to the new audience.

Silent Hill - Silent Hill Shattered Memories.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#30NightmareGammaPosted 1/18/2013 6:01:23 AM(edited)
DMC is a great Reboot!
I also liked the Ninja Gaiden reboot on XBOX and later the Sigmas on PS3 (with the Exception of Ninja Gaiden 3)
THe new Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, while not an replacement for my dear old Castlevanias, it is an really really REALLY awesome Game which was really fun to play and was really challenging =D I loved every single moment of it and the story was great =D

I liked that reboots =)

And about Hater or not...

<.<
>.>
I was originally an DmC hater and got in love with it first after I saw the playthrough of my brother and then playing it myself ^^'
---