What are some reboots you guys felt were done right?

#61shinra35800Posted 1/18/2013 8:41:05 AM
Technically MK9 is a sequel storywise. It is also a gameplay reboot because of the different control scheme and different gameplay altogether.

RE4 fits the gameplay and control scheme reboot as well. Point is, debunking how "RE4 doesn't count".
#62BigMan313Posted 1/18/2013 8:45:13 AM
shinra35800 posted...
Technically MK9 is a sequel storywise. It is also a gameplay reboot because of the different control scheme and different gameplay altogether.

RE4 fits the gameplay and control scheme reboot as well. Point is, debunking how "RE4 doesn't count".

MK also brought in tournament players to help with the gameplay. So not only is it accessible enough to everyone to play its left open for hardcore players to really dig in and create combos. At EVO2012 it had 90k people watching the finals on stream. It was actually more exciting the the AE;2012 finals.
---
I don't know much about DC other than Flash could solo the Marvelverse and that Batman could make god stop believing in himself. - Rauzaraku
#63megamaticsPosted 1/18/2013 8:51:01 AM
Megaman X
Ninja Gaiden Xbox original
Street Fighter 2
...There's probably more but I can't really think of them now.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#64retep_onePosted 1/18/2013 8:56:41 AM
MK reboot
i have yet to try DMC but reviews are a good sign this game was done right
---
PSN: Spectre0415
spectre status recognized......
#65guamguyravinPosted 1/18/2013 8:58:24 AM
Man I can't believe some people on here think the reboot of DmC was better than DMC1. I was playing the demo for DmC and I felt like I was playing DMC 2 all over again, and that was the crappiest one in the series IMO.

Probably the best reboot that comes to mind right now is Resident Evil 4. Sure it moved away from survival to action but it was such a fun game and it was new it didn't really matter. Now the other ones after RE4.....
#66SlaveBladePosted 1/18/2013 9:21:20 AM
shinra35800 posted...
DMC wasn't done right because it made the same mistakes as Final Fight Streetwise (dialogue). The original DMC wasn't all that great either. Story was boring and so was this one. The anime was even boring as heck.

>Put the genre on the map singlehandedly
>"The original wasn't all that great"

What the **** am I reading
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#67WolfReturnsPosted 1/18/2013 9:30:43 AM
The term reboot, when it comes to games, is most widely accepted as a drastic change in gameplay. So, that's what my response will be about.

IMO:

The best reboots:
Fallout 3
Grand Theft Auto

The worst reboots:
Resident Evil 4 and up
Castlevania
Rygar
Metroid
Tomb Raider

Would love to see an HD remake of Super Metroid. Won't ever see it, because so many of you like Prime.

The gaming world has enough FPS already.

They are all very similar, with just changes to textures and sounds.

Remakes are almost always better. Same core gameplay with better graphics.

Resident Evil GC
Shadow Of The Colossus/ICO
Hitman HD
Tomb Raider HD
Metal Gear HD
Silent Hill HD...etc.
---
I enjoy bashing barrels and such for items. - CrossPluto
#68Krystal109Posted 1/18/2013 9:37:12 AM
JangotheBlueFox posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
JangotheBlueFox posted...
off the top of my head Resident Evil on the gamecube and Mortal Kombat 9.

Resident Evil on gc was more of a reMAKE, which is just one game that they remade in better graphics, whereas a reboot is them actually starting the entire series over.

it is a reboot, they retconned tons of stuff with the gamecube version, the original playstation version actually isn't canon anymore.

It's a remake. They didn't change the story or the item of what the game was. It was designed to update the games graphics, not recreate the series.
#69shinra35800Posted 1/18/2013 9:43:58 AM
@slaveblade: ODMC1 did not put this genre on the map....
There were plenty of games in this genre that were out before this.

Inb4slavebladerealizesdmc1sre1cornydialogueandnoneoriginalstory
#70Pesmerga255Posted 1/18/2013 9:45:15 AM
shinra35800 wins the award for most disruptive post of the day.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!