What are some reboots you guys felt were done right?

#71Psychochild27Posted 1/18/2013 10:46:58 AM
thegreatcthulhu posted...
shinra35800 posted...

Square did a good job of remaking Tomb Raider, True Crime, and Deus Ex.

I wouldn't consider Deus Ex: Human Revolution a reboot.

Yeah, Human Revolution's a prequel that leads into the first game. For that matter, Rayman Origins isn't a reboot either - It was originally intended to be at one point, but it's a normal sequel that goes back to its 2D Platforming Roots, it takes place in the same timeline as the other games. Same goes for Ninja Gaiden - It's a prequel series to the NES games and takes place in the same continuity, a bit like how Metroid Prime fits into the timeline of Metroid.
#72shinra35800Posted 1/18/2013 10:50:44 AM
@Pesmerga255 - Inb4morebutthurtretorts
#73FNP88Posted 1/18/2013 10:54:00 AM
Shinobi
Ninja Gaiden
Twisted Metal
Rayman Origins
Fallout 3(this is a reboot imo, different studio and totally different gameplay. honestly don't know why they called it 3)
XCOM:Enemy Unkown
Super Mario 64(i would consider this a reboot...)

I don't know, there are a lot.
#74BillysanPosted 1/18/2013 4:05:20 PM
WolfReturns posted...

Would love to see an HD remake of Super Metroid. Won't ever see it, because so many of you like Prime.

The gaming world has enough FPS already.

They are all very similar, with just changes to textures and sounds.

Metroid Prime wasn't a first person shooter. It was merely first person. In actuality the world needs more first person games that actually do something different.

Prime really felt unique though First person games usually never keep my interest but I couldn't tear myself away from the original Prime.

I do prefer the choice of the next 3-D Metroid games staying in 3rd person though.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#75dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:49:35 PM
Billysan posted...
WolfReturns posted...

Would love to see an HD remake of Super Metroid. Won't ever see it, because so many of you like Prime.

The gaming world has enough FPS already.

They are all very similar, with just changes to textures and sounds.

Metroid Prime wasn't a first person shooter. It was merely first person. In actuality the world needs more first person games that actually do something different.

Prime really felt unique though First person games usually never keep my interest but I couldn't tear myself away from the original Prime.

I do prefer the choice of the next 3-D Metroid games staying in 3rd person though.

I remember Nintendo insisting the genrea was FPA: First Person Adventure
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg