Huh... go figure...

#21TaizukuPosted 1/18/2013 8:20:30 AM
LordKaizer posted...
Taizuku posted...
LordKaizer posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Delicious

agree.
btw about your sign on superman vs goku, that death battle is full of contradictions on both super man and goku like the punch super man to kill goku and blow earth (i don't need to explain why super man can't do it)

Why Superman can't do what..? Blow up th Earth? He could do that easily.

goku and super man both love earth and they do anything to save it even sacrifice themselves to do so. so, why in that death battle super man blow earth and its people to oblivion?

Have you ever read the comic "Crisis on Infinite Earths"?
---
I'm sorry, I'm an infallible pro, and you're far too casul to beat me in anything. Desu~
#22LordKaizerPosted 1/18/2013 8:23:14 AM
Taizuku posted...
LordKaizer posted...
Taizuku posted...
LordKaizer posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Delicious

agree.
btw about your sign on superman vs goku, that death battle is full of contradictions on both super man and goku like the punch super man to kill goku and blow earth (i don't need to explain why super man can't do it)

Why Superman can't do what..? Blow up th Earth? He could do that easily.

goku and super man both love earth and they do anything to save it even sacrifice themselves to do so. so, why in that death battle super man blow earth and its people to oblivion?

Have you ever read the comic "Crisis on Infinite Earths"?

i don't follow comics because my country doesn't sell them anymore and i'm not a comic fan
#23jayganautPosted 1/18/2013 8:23:46 AM
I've never followed Superman but maybe people can fill me in on something.

I know there are different versions like Silver Age etc but don't get the differences. I know he's supposed to be powered by the sun right? and apparently he closed a black hole with his hands or something.

My question is, if he's that strong and can survive in space, how the hell did his species get wiped out? surely if they are that strong NOTHING would wipe them out.
I imagine it's some weird power up he prob got, but it's just always confused me.
#24Ether101Posted 1/18/2013 8:25:35 AM
Strelok posted...
Anything that lists PORTAL as a Fantasy Fighting game is about as reliable as a Young Earth Creationist talking about geology.

I always felt the word Creationism miss used. For people like me, if god is everything and everything is god then wouldn't the natural forces of nature be god at work?
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#25SilentS89Posted 1/18/2013 8:25:42 AM
jayganaut posted...

I know there are different versions like Silver Age etc but don't get the differences. I know he's supposed to be powered by the sun right? and apparently he closed a black hole with his hands or something.

My question is, if he's that strong and can survive in space, how the hell did his species get wiped out? surely if they are that strong NOTHING would wipe them out.
I imagine it's some weird power up he prob got, but it's just always confused me.

There are different versions and what not but what I am familiar with is that his homeplanet didn't have a yellow sun. Our yellow sun is what makes them so strong.
#26TaizukuPosted 1/18/2013 8:28:50 AM
jayganaut posted...

Okay the difference between Silver Age, Golden Age, and Bronze Age is the comic era that it was from. Early on, he wasn't near as ridiculous, then in Silver Age comic books were all about feats and being as absurdly powerful as possible. This calmed down (a bit) in the Golden Age, and that's when story arcs took over.

Now, as for his species on Planet Krypton, first of all te explosion that destroyed their planet was RIDICULOUS. I mean it wasn't a regular explosion it basically created an antimatter universe...that's how powerful it was.

But anyway so Superman draws power from the Yellow Sun. A Red Sun (or a large amount powerful infrared light) kills Kryptonian powers. Under a red sun, they are humans basically. Planet Krypton had a red sun. They just died.
---
I'm sorry, I'm an infallible pro, and you're far too casul to beat me in anything. Desu~
#27SilentS89Posted 1/18/2013 8:30:20 AM
Taizuku posted...
jayganaut posted...

Okay the difference between Silver Age, Golden Age, and Bronze Age is the comic era that it was from. Early on, he wasn't near as ridiculous, then in Silver Age comic books were all about feats and being as absurdly powerful as possible. This calmed down (a bit) in the Golden Age, and that's when story arcs took over.

Now, as for his species on Planet Krypton, first of all te explosion that destroyed their planet was RIDICULOUS. I mean it wasn't a regular explosion it basically created an antimatter universe...that's how powerful it was.

But anyway so Superman draws power from the Yellow Sun. A Red Sun (or a large amount powerful infrared light) kills Kryptonian powers. Under a red sun, they are humans basically. Planet Krypton had a red sun. They just died.

I always thought it would have been cool if humans got Superman powers under a Red Sun, but I guess it doesn't work that way.
#28TaizukuPosted 1/18/2013 8:31:33 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Taizuku posted...
jayganaut posted...

I always thought it would have been cool if humans got Superman powers under a Red Sun, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

That would be cool. You can't do that, but if you're willing to put kryptonite into your bloodstream (silver or red preferably) you can get some pretty sick powers.
---
#29jayganautPosted 1/18/2013 8:32:07 AM
Taizuku posted...
jayganaut posted...

I see thanks, I also heard he flew through a star once, but I take it that was a yellow sun.
#30TaizukuPosted 1/18/2013 8:34:17 AM
jayganaut posted...
Taizuku posted...
jayganaut posted...

I see thanks, I also heard he flew through a star once, but I take it that was a yellow sun.

He has LIVED in the sun before.

You may be talking about when he fought Eclipso and Eclipso made a Dark Moon (Composed of magic, kryptonite, and other evil crap aka all of superman's weaknesses).

Yeah he flew through that **** face first and blew it up.
---