Doesn't matter if the style meter is easier to maintain

#1turboetherealPosted 1/18/2013 7:55:03 AM
If you're a hardcore player, SSSing missions is an entry-level task. Maximizing your mission score is what matters on the leaderboards, and you can't put up competitive numbers without being extremely stylish anyway. Cracking top 50 or even top 100 requires solid play and lots of variety, and it'll only get tougher as people get better at the game.
---
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a pretty solid expansion pack. A bit pricey, though.
#2Cranman1982Posted 1/18/2013 7:55:46 AM
Exactly. Good points
#3jayganautPosted 1/18/2013 7:59:13 AM
I'm a hardcore player and some of the missions in DMC3 still give me trouble SS ranking.

Also

turboethereal posted...
and you can't put up competitive numbers without being extremely stylish anyway. .

If by being "extremely stylish" you mean spamming Demon Dodge then you're right.
#4turboethereal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:01:53 AM
jayganaut posted...
I'm a hardcore player and some of the missions in DMC3 still give me trouble SS ranking.

Also

turboethereal posted...
and you can't put up competitive numbers without being extremely stylish anyway. .

If by being "extremely stylish" you mean spamming Demon Dodge then you're right.

Except, you'll have to do more than spam demon dodge to outscore the other people that are spamming demon dodge.
---
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a pretty solid expansion pack. A bit pricey, though.
#5DJ_0000Posted 1/18/2013 8:02:49 AM
To me it feels like they made the style system simpler for the exact reason you stated, the kind of people who upload amazing videos to youtube don't care what the style metre says, they know what they are doing is right up there anyway and it pretty much stays at SSS rank all the time anyway, they just made it a bit more gratifying for lesser players.
#6jayganautPosted 1/18/2013 8:03:41 AM
turboethereal posted...
jayganaut posted...

Also

turboethereal posted...

Except, you'll have to do more than spam demon dodge to outscore the other people that are spamming demon dodge.

And yet any hope of legitimately getting on the leaderboards without spamming these "techniques" is left in the dust.

Yeah totaly doesn't matter about the Style meter being broken and easy to maintain...
#7TaizukuPosted 1/18/2013 8:03:50 AM
It seems like all the uber pro people complaining about this game being too easy forgot about combo videos. Every time someone said it wasn't that bad they were quick to pst combo vids though...
---
I'm sorry, I'm an infallible pro, and you're far too casul to beat me in anything. Desu~
#8SilentS89Posted 1/18/2013 8:04:34 AM
I am a mediocre player so I don't really have the proper perspective.

If only some of the seriously talented players could weigh in.

Could be interesting.
#9DJ_0000Posted 1/18/2013 8:05:06 AM
jayganaut posted...

There's something I don't get about this, people complain about demon dodge yet they choose to base their play solely off of it. I find it OP so I don't use it, why bother using something that actively reduces the fun for you?
#10SilentS89Posted 1/18/2013 8:05:59 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
jayganaut posted...

There's something I don't get about this, people complain about demon dodge yet they choose to base their play solely off of it. I find it OP so I don't use it, why bother using something that actively reduces the fun for you?

I would imagine because it could potentially improve their score.