Doesn't matter if the style meter is easier to maintain

#11jayganautPosted 1/18/2013 8:06:22 AM
Taizuku posted...
It seems like all the uber pro people complaining about this game being too easy forgot about combo videos. Every time someone said it wasn't that bad they were quick to pst combo vids though...

What do you mean? that a games combo potential isn't a measure of it's difficulty? if so I agree, it's just a shame DmC drops the ball on both accounts.
#12Ether101Posted 1/18/2013 8:09:00 AM
turboethereal posted...
If you're a hardcore player, SSSing missions is an entry-level task. Maximizing your mission score is what matters on the leaderboards, and you can't put up competitive numbers without being extremely stylish anyway. Cracking top 50 or even top 100 requires solid play and lots of variety, and it'll only get tougher as people get better at the game.

Somebody doesn't know what a hardcore gamer is. We're not a small group of elites rather a large dedicated group.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#13TaizukuPosted 1/18/2013 8:11:27 AM
jayganaut posted...
Taizuku posted...
It seems like all the uber pro people complaining about this game being too easy forgot about combo videos. Every time someone said it wasn't that bad they were quick to pst combo vids though...

What do you mean? that a games combo potential isn't a measure of it's difficulty? if so I agree, it's just a shame DmC drops the ball on both accounts.

This game, if nothing else, has an extremely high level of combo potential.
---
I'm sorry, I'm an infallible pro, and you're far too casul to beat me in anything. Desu~
#14Pesmerga255Posted 1/18/2013 8:14:51 AM
Taizuku posted...
jayganaut posted...
Taizuku posted...

And a low skill ceiling.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#15jayganautPosted 1/18/2013 8:19:42 AM(edited)
Taizuku posted...
jayganaut posted...
Taizuku posted...

The game has a lot of moves that can be chained into each other however share very similar properties giving the impression of death when it just isn't there.

People have already started to say they are finding combo videos from the demo boring as they aren't doing much new in them and with the addition of two extra guns and weapons that all act pretty much the same aside from Aquila there is not that much different in the full game.

The true potential of the system is the mobility options, there have been some interesting combos (see 8bithero) however things will become stale fast.
#16turboethereal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:20:56 AM
It's a pretty simple concept; once people start getting really, really good, you're not cracking top 100 without being near-flawless with tons of diversity in your gameplay. And that's what DMC is about.

The highest scoring player for mission x isn't just spamming the same stuff over and over and if is, he will be quickly usurped.
---
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a pretty solid expansion pack. A bit pricey, though.
#17Pesmerga255Posted 1/18/2013 8:24:46 AM
turboethereal posted...
It's a pretty simple concept; once people start getting really, really good, you're not cracking top 100 without being near-flawless with tons of diversity in your gameplay. And that's what DMC is about.

The highest scoring player for mission x isn't just spamming the same stuff over and over and if is, he will be quickly usurped.

I don't think the high scores will be based on combo variance. I think the most efficient players/glitchers will take the top spots. Look at the leaderboards for any other game.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#18jayganautPosted 1/18/2013 8:29:16 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
turboethereal posted...

I don't think the high scores will be based on combo variance. I think the most efficient players/glitchers will take the top spots. Look at the leaderboards for any other game.

Especially when you consider the insane difference in Style points between spamming the same stuff over and over and actually playing decently.
It was the same with DMC4s leaderboards so I'm not saying it was anything different, but all you need to do is work out what moves give most Style points and spam them after getting the SSS from Demon Dodge.

If you think any player "pro" or not can match those results you're deluding yourself.

In reality a leaderboard system in a game like DMC is just as pointless as including two dodge buttons.
#19turboethereal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:55:03 AM
You don't have to use two dodge buttons, you can customize the controls however you like.

Hell, you can disable the second dodge button and bind Guns or Cycle Ranged Target(if you don't like L3) to that button if you want.
---
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a pretty solid expansion pack. A bit pricey, though.